NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This sucks..
laugh.gif

And we can't get Gortat for a full-year because of some trade clause.

Oh well, we have our MLE back.

Trade for Kaman/Camby I suppose, I still don't want Dampier being our starter.

Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk.

(I'm more upset that we lost Bass and didn't really get anything in his place (other than Marion, but those are two different kind of players).

It's all good though, interesting to see how we spend our MLE now, split between someone like Marquis Daniels, or Josh Childress, and another C?

Otis Smith just made our FO look ******ed though, let them get a trade exception, signed our other free agent, and took back the only player we wanted.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But I thought it was the Raptors idea to have Orlando included in the deal? They wanted to have Turk through a S&T so they'd still have the MLE? ButI like how my squad is shaping up. I think that the Magic just signed him so they wouldn't be left out empty handed. Don't be surprised if he getstraded after Dec. 15th possibly to the Yao-less Rockets.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Much as I don't want to say this, does Dallas look at Odom for any reason?

If they intend on playing small ball and using Dirk in situations at the C, wouldn't Odom work out at the 4 spot?
They might but I really doubt it. Plus, Dirk playing center would be a nightmare. He couldnt cover players like Bynum, Shaq, Nene, etc..

I think it's the height of stupidity to pay essentially $68M for a guy that'll play at MOST 20 minutes a night... But whatever...

Unless they plan on running Howard and Gortat together, it makes very little sense from a financial standpoint.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Much as I don't want to say this, does Dallas look at Odom for any reason?

If they intend on playing small ball and using Dirk in situations at the C, wouldn't Odom work out at the 4 spot?
They might but I really doubt it. Plus, Dirk playing center would be a nightmare. He couldnt cover players like Bynum, Shaq, Nene, etc..

I hear ya there, I meant only small stretches during games, Damp would still be there to bruise with the big guys, but Dirk and Odom together would be toughcovers.

Can't really say I'm agreeing with Orlando's FO thus far this summer. I know they beat us last year so I look like a fool saying that but really, Idon't think they've made sound moves for the long-term.

I still say play Gortat at the 4 with Dwight.

The team looked good with both on the court, at least give it a shot.

Kaman? the clips would be pretty damn happy to give him to yall
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

they'll be really weak up front though if camby gets injured.

Originally Posted by BangDak

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think he'd work nicely with Kidd, and Kaman and Dirk got along really well.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think it's the height of stupidity to pay essentially $68M for a guy that'll play at MOST 20 minutes a night... But whatever...

Unless they plan on running Howard and Gortat together, it makes very little sense from a financial standpoint.
I seriously think that they are going to trade him in the long run. Like my earlier post, I think they just didn't wanna lose Gortat fornothing.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Can't really say I'm agreeing with Orlando's FO thus far this summer. I know they beat us last year so I look like a fool saying that but really, I don't think they've made sound moves for the long-term.
what's wrong with their moves? the only one i could think of VC not being able to last that long.

It's weird because VC is better than Hedo but the NBA is a game of matchups and with Hedo not being on the Magic they just lost 2 of their biggest match-upadvantages. 1. Hedo at the 3 spot and 2. Rashard at the 4. Rashard at the 3 isn't a big deal and actually can hurt the Magic. I don't think there isany way he could guard PP or LBJ on the outside. Hedo running the pick and roll was so great because if you trapped him he could see over the top and get ridof the ball because he's 6' 10". Doing that with Nelson or VC doesn't get you the same type of result. The Magic changed the dynamic oftheir team and are now a much different team and don't create the same match-up problems they did before.

Just myopinion if you want to write it off as a bitter Cavs fan go right ahead.

Originally Posted by jkballer5

I think the Magic are really gunning to win it all next year

If so
pimp.gif
that's what they should be doing, they are fresh out of the finals & still hungry ala the Lakers of 2008

teams really making moves to win it all next year(in no order):
Celtics, Lakers, Magic, Spurs, maybe Cavs depending on what Shaq does for them

imo, only teams that seriously believe they have a chance to win it all next season

Originally Posted by KingJames23

It's weird because VC is better than Hedo but the NBA is a game of matchups and with Hedo not being on the Magic they just lost 2 of their biggest match-up advantages. 1. Hedo at the 3 spot and 2. Rashard at the 4. Rashard at the 3 isn't a big deal and actually can hurt the Magic. I don't think there is any way he could guard PP or LBJ on the outside. Hedo running the pick and roll was so great because if you trapped him he could see over the top and get rid of the ball because he's 6' 10". Doing that with Nelson or VC doesn't get you the same type of result. The Magic changed the dynamic of their team and are now a much different team and don't create the same match-up problems they did before.

Just myopinion if you want to write it off as a bitter Cavs fan go right ahead.

No, that was well said. I used to be a big fan of Shard back in his Seattle days. I followed him since his rookie year, and although he is a great shooter atthe 3, I think the mismatches he had against slower PFs in Orlando is what made him better. There team is completely different by losing one player (Hedo to myRaptors). That is why as stacked as they are, I don't think they are the best team in the East. I actually think they took a step back. Instead ofre-signing Gortat and getting Bass, I think they would have been a whole lot better re-signing Hedo after the VC trade and just sign a bargain scruffy PF forcheap. But that's just me.

Howard, Lewis, Carter, Peitrus, Jameer, Gortat, Redick, Johnson, Bass

LeBron, Shaq

Cavs still better then the Magic?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cleveland got work to do.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

No, that was well said. I used to be a big fan of Shard back in his Seattle days. I followed him since his rookie year, and although he is a great shooter at the 3, I think the mismatches he had against slower PFs in Orlando is what made him better. There team is completely different by losing one player (Hedo to my Raptors). That is why as stacked as they are, I don't think they are the best team in the East. I actually think they took a step back. Instead of re-signing Gortat and getting Bass, I think they would have been a whole lot better re-signing Hedo after the VC trade and just sign a bargain scruffy PF for cheap. But that's just me.
Completely agree...

Paying a guy that kinda money to back up Dwight is stupid to me... And I've said over and over again I wouldn't give guys like Bass, Powe, and GlenDavis that kind of money... I would have re-signed Turk, played Rashard the majority of the minutes at the PF spot, and waited out free agency and signed a guyLIKE Bass at a far cheaper rate than what they paid... But whatever...

They're the best team in the East on paper...

Originally Posted by BangDak

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think he'd work nicely with Kidd, and Kaman and Dirk got along really well.
The Clips are not going to give Kaman away for free like they did Z-Bo, that's for sure. Kaman actually has a pretty favorable contract andwhen he's healthy and plays hard, he's actually a productive center. Plus like you said, trading Kaman would leave the Clips pretty weak at the centerposition unless DeAndre Jordan develops all of a sudden. Camby is still good but I doubt he can be reliable for the whole season.

LeBron, Shaq

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are you really going to name guys like Anthony Johnson but not mentioning guys like Varejao (although his contract is trash), Mo, Delonte, AnthonyParker, and Big Z?

I mean the talent level isn't on par, but just listing Shaq/Bron isn't exactly fair.

It's like saying....

Dirk, Josh, Shawn, JET, Kidd, Barea, Matt Carroll

Kobe, Pau.

laugh.gif

Unless I'm missing something.

LeBron, Shaq

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are you really going to name guys like Anthony Johnson but not mentioning guys like Varejao (although his contract is trash), Mo, Delonte, Anthony Parker, and Big Z?

I mean the talent level isn't on par, but just listing Shaq/Bron isn't exactly fair.

It's like saying....

Dirk, Josh, Shawn, JET, Kidd, Barea, Matt Carroll

Kobe, Pau.

laugh.gif

Unless I'm missing something.

Was a cheap shot by me for sure, I forgot to list that great "core" the Cavs have built as OC puts it.
laugh.gif

Give Chester a chance to wipe off his monitor after spitting out his drink.......

This was from that discussion a few pages ago where the guy was goin on and on about how the Cavs are better then the Magic, magic 3rd best team in the East,etc etc.
wink.gif

Whoa, ya'll got Matt Carroll? When did this happen?
laugh.gif

Didn't that dude light us up a few years back with the Bobcats I think?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom