NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

^I think they took note when you made it to the Finals dude
laugh.gif

Either way some of you guys are giving Pietrus way too much credit on here. And CP come on...you're better than that.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Jameer
VC
Shard
Bass/Gortat
Dwight

Parker
Ginobili
RJ
TD
Dyess

Rondo
Ray
Pierce
KG
Sheed

Kobe
Artest
Odom
Pau
Fisher
Bynum

Mo
Delonte
Jabron
Z
Shaq
Varejao
I feel like it's the SAT's

which one doesn't fit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

laugh.gif

Either way some of you guys are giving Pietrus way too much credit on here. And CP come on...you're better than that.
He's Matt Barnes that makes some REALLY REALLY REALLY boneheaded plays, nothing more, nothing less, IMO.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

He's Matt Barnes that makes some REALLY REALLY REALLY boneheaded plays, nothing more, nothing less, IMO.

LOL.

laugh.gif

Not quite cause many doubted our ability to beat boston even wth KG being out and of course cleveland who had the best record, best player (MVP), and coach ofthe year. I'm honestly tired of my team being overlooked by others. We have been the butt of jokes at times and quite honestly eventhough they're in abit of a financial hole why not win now? I guarantee you that both boston and cleveland are sh***ing bricks due to the fact that cleveland has only thisupcoming season to win and boston is just getting older so obviously their window of opportunity is closing.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

laugh.gif

LOL.
I didn't watch to much of Pietrus nor Barnes, but when they were on Golden State, they did the same things. They hustled, they played goodone-on-one defense, they both could finish in the lane, they both could shoot from the perimeter.

Their builds aren't the same, Barnes is much longer, and Pietrus was more stocky, but stronger.

What's different in their games, other than Pietrus making the occasional ******ed play?

laugh.gif

LOL.
theyre former warriors what do u expect
laugh.gif

I really don't see the huge problem with Orlando and their egos that you're talking about JA.

I definitely know you're point with Gortat and I agree, he wanted starters minutes and Dallas would give him that chance, so I know he will bedisappointed. But besides him I don't know where Orlando is going to fall apart. Bass should have expected to share minutes and possibly not get thestarting job, Pietrus was a 6th man in the first place, I just don't see where the problem lies.

Anderson shouldn't expect much since he's a young player, I think the team will be fine. They haven't had problems with Stan there in terms ofchemistry or morale, I think they'll adjust.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

[h1]Clippers in 'very serious' talks with Allen Iverson[/h1]

48043252.jpg

Email Picture

Gregory Shamus / Getty Images

Free-agent guard Allen Iverson split his time between Denver and Detroit last season.

The 34-year-old free-agent guard, the NBA's MVP in 2001 but coming off a disappointing season, also has been pursued by Miami and Memphis this summer.

By Lisa Dillman
July 14, 2009

Reporting from Las Vegas -- Talks between the Clippers and free-agent guard Allen Iverson have been characterized as "very serious," according a source close to Iverson who was not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

The Clippers have long been intrigued by Iverson, having come close to acquiring him in the past.

As recently as last week, however, their interest in him was considered more of a long shot.

The Clippers were also waiting to see what would happen with their trade that sent Zach Randolph to Memphis, but that deal is scheduled to be completed Friday.

Iverson is looking at the $5.8-million mid-level exception for next season, and one of his other potential suitors, the Miami Heat, is reportedly unwilling to offer more than $2 million for one season.

Until now, the team expressing the most interest in Iverson was Memphis, but team owner Michael Heisley was quoted today in the Commercial Appeal as saying he thought the Grizzlies were a last resort for Iverson.

Iverson, who turned 34 last month, was traded from Denver to Detroit last season and had a disappointing season for the Pistons. He also caused a flap during the spring when he said he didn't want to come off the bench for the Pistons.

Iverson averaged a career-low 17.5 points in 57 games for Denver and Detroit. He won the NBA MVP award in the 2000-01 season.

He'd be a good sixth man on my clips
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I really don't see the huge problem with Orlando and their egos that you're talking about JA.

I definitely know you're point with Gortat and I agree, he wanted starters minutes and Dallas would give him that chance, so I know he will be disappointed. But besides him I don't know where Orlando is going to fall apart. Bass should have expected to share minutes and possibly not get the starting job, Pietrus was a 6th man in the first place, I just don't see where the problem lies.

Anderson shouldn't expect much since he's a young player, I think the team will be fine. They haven't had problems with Stan there in terms of chemistry or morale, I think they'll adjust.
Well, you're going to see times when Shard goes back to the four, and VC moves over to the three, and someone like Pietrus or Redick comes in,that cuts into Brandon's playing time. I know that Bass isn't a center, but there are times when I'm SURE he would have if Gortat didn't getre-signed.

I just don't see him getting a whole lot more minutes than he had before.

But he's a really great guy, he's not one to blab about not getting enough PT. He was actually a little upset that he didn't get more time inDallas, he loved it here, but he wanted to expand his game, sorta like someone like Gortat....

But it looks like IMO neither will get that option, definitely not Gortat.

Yeah I agree for sure, Shard is going to slide to that 4 at times and definitely take away minutes.

We'll see what happens, Gortat is really the one I'm worried about. He expressed his problems with SVG to a Polish newspaper, came out and said hewanted to play more minutes and a bigger role, and unless they start him, he definitely won't get that.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

48043252.jpg

Email Picture

Free-agent guard Allen Iverson split his time between Denver and Detroit last season.

The 34-year-old free-agent guard, the NBA's MVP in 2001 but coming off a disappointing season, also has been pursued by Miami and Memphis this summer.

By Lisa Dillman
July 14, 2009

Reporting from Las Vegas -- Talks between the Clippers and free-agent guard Allen Iverson have been characterized as "very serious," according a source close to Iverson who was not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

The Clippers have long been intrigued by Iverson, having come close to acquiring him in the past.

As recently as last week, however, their interest in him was considered more of a long shot.

The Clippers were also waiting to see what would happen with their trade that sent Zach Randolph to Memphis, but that deal is scheduled to be completed Friday.

Iverson is looking at the $5.8-million mid-level exception for next season, and one of his other potential suitors, the Miami Heat, is reportedly unwilling to offer more than $2 million for one season.

Until now, the team expressing the most interest in Iverson was Memphis, but team owner Michael Heisley was quoted today in the Commercial Appeal as saying he thought the Grizzlies were a last resort for Iverson.

Iverson, who turned 34 last month, was traded from Denver to Detroit last season and had a disappointing season for the Pistons. He also caused a flap during the spring when he said he didn't want to come off the bench for the Pistons.

Iverson averaged a career-low 17.5 points in 57 games for Denver and Detroit. He won the NBA MVP award in the 2000-01 season.

frown.gif

If AI is willing to come off the bench and the Clips only offer him a 1 year deal, then it wouldn't be a bad move and not much of a risk. Noway Baron or Eric Gordon comes off the bench in favor of AI at this point. Dunleavy might suck as a coach but he's actually done a solid job as a GM soI'll trust his judgment.

Magic better hope and pray Gortat doesn't get injured this year. Nevertheless, that's a deep team now.

Buzz is, Jazz will probably match the Millsap offer.

What does Portland do if that's the case?
laugh.gif

WOW...

Yall want A.I. to hang em up huh??

Every team thats rumored to get him, their fans scream bloody murder...

Hes got a lot of good basketball left in him...I HOPE, but we'll see next year...

You just sound bitter JA.

I think the Magic would much rather pay Gortat $5M to play 15 good minutes than rely on the likes of Theo Ratliff or Fabricio Oberto LOL.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

LOL.
theyre former warriors what do u expect
laugh.gif
Really said Matt Barnes
laugh.gif
smh.gif

48043252.jpg

Email Picture

By Lisa Dillman
July 14, 2009

frown.gif

sick.gif
..I dont know what else is worst tho.. going to the Clippers as a sixthman
laugh.gif

I'm gonna really feel bad for AI..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

You just sound bitter JA.

I think the Magic would much rather pay Gortat $5M to play 15 good minutes than rely on the likes of Theo Ratliff or Fabricio Oberto LOL.
No doubting that, because I want players to excel, perform to their peaks, and he's not going to be able to do that there.

And he would do much better in Dallas.
laugh.gif

Thing is, they aren't paying 5M for him, it's closer to 6, and each dollar is doubled because of being in the luxury tax, and with contracts likeRashard Lewis, they could easily turn into the New York Knicks.

Plus, I think the chances of him staying put is 25/75, and as stated before, I think it'd be hard to get equal value dollar-for-dollar. IMO, it's justnot a smart financial move.

And I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the difference between Matt Barnes and Mikael Pietrus, because I don't see anything that screams outsubstantially different. Differences include:
-An ugly haircut
-Skin color
-Nationality
-Build
-Boneheadedness.
-Length

Anyone care to add to the list?

they could easily turn into the New York Knicks.
because there front office sucks like the knicks did? the magic front office has proved since the drafting of D12 that they know what to do

Pietrus is twice the player barnes is end of story

Originally Posted by Goldmember

48043252.jpg

Email Picture

By Lisa Dillman
July 14, 2009

frown.gif

sick.gif
..I dont know what else is worst tho.. going to the Clippers as a sixth man
laugh.gif

I'm gonna really feel bad for AI..
tired.gif

iverson will never want to come off the bench, end of story. its just gonna cause bad chemistry.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

they could easily turn into the New York Knicks.
because there front office sucks like the knicks did? the magic front office has proved since the drafting of D12 that they know what to do

Pietrus is twice the player barnes is end of story

eek.gif

Wow...

I don't know how he's twice the player Barnes is, but okay. Sure.
laugh.gif

I won't even go OKB on you.
laugh.gif

All I'll say is their stats are very close, and Barnes bests him in most stats, and Barnes isn't a shabby defender, and I didn't know Pietrus wasan elite defender. Dude was injured for nearly 30 games...

I kinda have to agree with JA to some extent. Barnes and Pietrus are pretty much similar in terms of their play. I would consider Pietrus a little bit moreathletic and a better defender than Barnes. Both of them basically can give you just about the same thing though. Both players also excel in the open court.Very active and are energy type guys who can shoot the three. They both also lack great ball-handling skills. Like I said they're very similar and Pietrusisn't twice as good as Barnes.
laugh.gif

The only thing that makes Pietrus more attractive is his youth.

I would take either player, but with Pietrus being the better defender I would take him over Barnes.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
at the people (mainly cav fans) talking about how the magic took an huge step back talking about how they needed to resign hedo and never should havedone that vc trade.
hedo was NOT coming back, period. theres a reason why he decided to opt out instead of staying. he wanted money, not a ring, otherwise he wouldn't haveopted out. i dont get why people dont understand this.

Back
Top Bottom