NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Hedo got nearly the same money from Toronto he declined from Orlando when you take Canadian taxes into account he will probably bring home less in T Dot.

On the cool I don't think he liked playing for SVG.

the only reason i didnt like that deal was because lee was in it, but eh.
im sure NJ was happy they got quite a load in return for one aging player
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

the only reason i didnt like that deal was because lee was in it, but eh.
im sure NJ was happy they got quite a load in return for one aging player
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Kidd deal all-over again IMO...
nerd.gif

Harris/Lee is a nice back-court. Thin, but fast, and athletic.

There is a reason barnes goes from team to team because he is not that good and he can play in only 1 style thats fast pace. Pietrus is a better shooter andbetter defender then barnes. Pietrus can also slash but the falls in love with the 3 like most of that magic team

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Hedo got nearly the same money from Toronto he declined from Orlando when you take Canadian taxes into account he will probably bring home less in T Dot.

I'm sure he (and the others) didn't like getting micro-managed by SVG, but Turk needs to be thankful for SVG. If SVG didn't come inand trust Turk with the basketball in his hands, Turk would still be playing for $7M instead of the $10M he's getting now and be talked about as a careerunderachiever.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Pietrus is a FAR better player than Matt Barnes... How is that debatable?
I have no problem saying Pietrus is better, but far better?

Pietrus gives a ton more effort, but makes a lot of stupid mistakes as well. Matt Barnes' defense is underrated, he's not elite, but in my opinion,Pietrus ain't even close to sniffing an All-Defensive team either. Give or take what you get from them shooting, Matt's longer, and is a betterrebounder, but Pietrus is stronger and more explosive.

I just don't see the fuss over Pietrus....
nerd.gif

I NaSmatic I wrote:

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'm sure he (and the others) didn't like getting micro-managed by SVG, but Turk needs to be thankful for SVG. If SVG didn't come in and trust Turk with the basketball in his hands, Turk would still be playing for $7M instead of the $10M he's getting now and be talked about as a career underachiever.

basically...
in the words of Turk "before Orlando (SVG) I was Hidayet...But now I'm Hedo"
laugh.gif

Without SVG giving him free reign, he would be struggling to get the MLE this year...hey, he's still my favorite player, but I'll always go for Magicfirst...good luck in Toronto tho

Originally Posted by franchise3

Magic better hope and pray Gortat doesn't get injured this year. Nevertheless, that's a deep team now.

Buzz is, Jazz will probably match the Millsap offer.

What does Portland do if that's the case?
laugh.gif
Throw 10 mil at LO and watch him turn it down for 8.5 mil in LA.
laugh.gif

JapanAir...
I frequent Magic forums and I've seen a ton of Mavs fans...they're very salty at this point in time, so I won't hold anything you say regarding myteam against you
laugh.gif

I just love how Otis Smith G'd them

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by franchise3

Magic better hope and pray Gortat doesn't get injured this year. Nevertheless, that's a deep team now.

Buzz is, Jazz will probably match the Millsap offer.

What does Portland do if that's the case?
laugh.gif
Throw 10 mil at LO and watch him turn it down for 8.5 mil in LA.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by avitale8

JapanAir...
I frequent Magic forums and I've seen a ton of Mavs fans...they're very salty at this point in time, so I won't hold anything you say regarding my team against you
laugh.gif

I just love how Otis Smith G'd them
Well the Pietrus/Barnes thing ain't got a damn thing to-do with me being salty,
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

AM I salty? Hell yes I'm bitter.

But, from what I saw in GS, and from what I've seen from Pietrus in what I seen this year, he's not significantly better than Barnes.

oh...well I'm not really even keeping up on the Pietrus/Barnes argument...
I think it's more about coaching, SVG tends to get the best out of some guys...2 years ago, when Pietrus was rotting on the bench in GS and Barnes wasgetting alot of PT, most wouldn't make statements of Pietrus being better than Barnes. But I think with his athleticism it puts him over Barnes.
Hopefully we can sign Barnes for the rest of our MLE.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

That's my thing too, JA...

If your intention is to trade him, you still aren't gonna get good value without packaging him with one of your premier guys... They just don't have the contracts to make it work...

If they don't trade him, you're paying huge dollars for a back up that'll play 20 minutes a night...

I don't get it... Not financially, anyways...

I thought they were already the best team in the East sans Gortat after they signed Bass...
I just think it's poor management. It seems like they're willing to spend money but just because you spend money doesn't guarantee you results. You never know when guys are going to fall off the face of the earth, word to Stephon, Francis, etc.

And a lot of so-called "Mavs fans," are placing the blame on our front office. I completely disagree, they're busting their balls, they got Gortat to sign an offer-sheet, that's better than 29 other teams did with the hands-down best free-agent Center out there (minus maybe Sheed).

The only flaw in what they did is they could have tried to delay Bass from signing with Orlando, because I honestly don't think he signs with them if he knew that Gortat was coming back. Hell, anyone with a brain didn't think they'd match, deep down. But Otis Smith did, for whatever reason.

MY whole gripe is you got a guy who wants to play with another team, for quite a bit of money. Smith is stockpiling talent, but what are you going to do with all of that?

They're going to turn into the Sacramento Kings. Egos will overcome their success, because Stan Van isn't a GREAT coach, they'll fight for minutes, people will ask to get traded, you won't get equal in return.

Think about it, the Kings were in a similar situation. They had a really good core, really good front-court, good shooters, good scorers, great role players, that team was stacked with potential, but what are you going to do with all that talent?

If they really want to win a championship IMO, Dwight has to develop his post moves a lot more, become a CONSISTENT threat, work on his free throws, because if you want to win a ring with a Center as your center-piece (no pun intended), you have to be completely dominant.

You look to GM's like Buford, Colangelo, Buss, Presti, for an example of how to run a franchise.

why do you guys not think we can get anything less than VERY good value for Tat, if we decide to trade him?
How many young starting caliber centers are there in the league making under 6 mill a year?
You realize we have a 7-9 million dollar trade exception that we can use in trades.
For instance, we could send the trade exception to Houston and get Battier back, and then send Gortat in that deal.

huh?^ oh and cp1708 i say they aould be conteders because they got to the playoffs this past season and boopzer is a beast so that would help them some.

is anyone watching fssouthwest on tv right now? its saying the mavs will pursue bosh this year,maybe offering toronto howard and dumpier.

Originally Posted by avitale8

why do you guys not think we can get anything less than VERY good value for Tat, if we decide to trade him?
How many young starting caliber centers are there in the league making under 6 mill a year?
You realize we have a 7-9 million dollar trade exception that we can use in trades.
For instance, we could send the trade exception to Houston and get Battier back, and then send Gortat in that deal.
You can't trade exceptions with players... So no, you couldn't do that for Battier...

So what you'll get for Gortat is somebody on a mid-level deal or a little more... Nothing special.

the only reason i see a.i. go to the clippers is because of money... but if he really wants to win he would go to miami...

Back
Top Bottom