NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Hetas trying to get odom
pimp.gif

Cum back to south beach fool
What difference does it make? Dwayne is gone after next year
tongue.gif
Are you implying just as easy he dropped Team Converse he will just as easily drop team Heat
tongue.gif

No, as quick as the hornets are losing money
tongue.gif

If I were the Lakers, I would let Odom go and sign either Jamario Moon or Matt Barnes.

Artest/Moon/Barnes would be giving that team about the same as Odom/Ariza did, less Odom's ballhandling skills.

Thunder Waives Earl Watson

The Oklahoma City Thunder waived guard Earl Watson it was announced today by Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti.
The 8-year NBA veteran appeared in 68 games (18 starts) with Oklahoma City this past season and averaged 6.6 points, 5.8 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 26.1 minutes per contest.

Watson, a 6-1 guard out of UCLA, holds career averages of 7.3 points, 4.6 assists, 2.2 rebounds in 597 career games (156 starts) with the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Denver Nuggets, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Seattle Supersonics.

Watson is a reliable back up PG.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The Oklahoma City Thunder waived guard Earl Watson it was announced today by Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti.
The 8-year NBA veteran appeared in 68 games (18 starts) with Oklahoma City this past season and averaged 6.6 points, 5.8 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 26.1 minutes per contest.

Watson, a 6-1 guard out of UCLA, holds career averages of 7.3 points, 4.6 assists, 2.2 rebounds in 597 career games (156 starts) with the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Denver Nuggets, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Seattle Supersonics.

what big contract do they have that made them waive watson ?

Originally Posted by diew its james

Thunder wanted to open up more minutes for the youngsters.

Marquis Daniels might be headed to Boston via a sign and trade for Brian Scalabrine
roll.gif

Free-agent guard Marquis Daniel has committed to sign with the Boston Celtics, a league source said Friday.

Daniels will receive the Celtics' $1.9 million biannual salary-cap exception if the Indiana Pacers aren't interested in a sign-and-trade deal. The 6-foot-6 Daniels averaged 13.6 points and 4.6 rebounds in 54 games with Indiana last season, his third with the team. Daniels previously played three seasons with the Mavericks.

Daniels, 28, will help improve the Celtics' perimeter depth. Boston signed free-agent forward Rasheed Wallace(notes) last week and remains interested in keeping forward Glen Davis.

Danny Ainge has done a great job this summer
mad.gif

Danny Ainge has done a great job this summer
mad.gif

So none of the 27-28 teams worse than the Celtics could sign Daniels first?
grin.gif

I don't understand how the rest of the league continues to let the top four or five teams improve even more.

Marquis Daniels might be headed to Boston via a sign and trade for Brian Scalabrine
roll.gif

laugh.gif

NO is not the worse financial team right now, i dont know where yall are getting that from.
it was posted somewhere from a tweet by simmons that the nets, pacers, a few other teams are in worse conditions then NO.
how bad can you be financially if you have cp3 on your team? true, they're not doing well, but they're not rock bottom like some are projecting.

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Hetas trying to get odom
pimp.gif

Cum back to south beach fool
What difference does it make? Dwayne is gone after next year
tongue.gif
Are you implying just as easy he dropped Team Converse he will just as easily drop team Heat
tongue.gif

No, as quick as the hornets are losing money
tongue.gif

Touche Touche
laugh.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

indiana being memphis 2.0
indifferent.gif
..celtics really want that titleback.

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

indiana being memphis 2.0
indifferent.gif
..celtics really want that title back.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
naw jp, but I don't understand the motive behind the deal.What's the point in getting Scalabrine?

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

SIX QUESTIONS WITH BRANDON BASS

Brandon Bass donned a Magic uniform and addressed the media for the first time on Monday afternoon. My first impressions: he's not that tall but he's very, very big - his shoulders are almost Dwight-like. He comes across as a young guy who genuinely has the best interests of the team in mind, and I think there's little doubt that he'll blend in with the players just fine.

Here are the highlights from Brandon Bass' media session:

Q: Is it true that you gave up more money elsewhere?

Brandon Bass: Yeah, I did. I definitely wanted to have the raise, but I would turn down a couple million to be in a situation like this where I can win a championship. I feel like this is that kind of team we have here.

Q: Your agent said you weren't necessarily looking for a place to start. What kind of role do you expect with the team?

BB: Just someone that can come in and help instantly. It don't matter if I start or come off the bench. I just want to be able to help, and I know I can.

Q: What do you feel you bring to the team?

BB: Someone who can knock down a 15-footer, someone who can drive, someone who can play defense, someone who can run alongside Dwight… I think I fit to this team perfectly and hopefully it shows on the court this year.

Q: You're able to mix it up at center and power forward? Does it matter to you where you play?

BB: I don't have a problem playing wherever. Whereever coach puts me at, whatever my job title might be, I'll be ready for it.

Q: When you've played the Magic in the past, what were your impressions of the team?

BB: They've got the Superman in the middle and a bunch of shooters all over the court. I knew were a team to be reckoned with.

Q: Why No. 30?

BB: Going back to high school and college. That's when I was at my best, so maybe I can bring that back here.

pimp.gif
great attitude and great for my magic

NH I'm gonna miss dude. First Devin and now Brandon, my two favorite players on my favorite team always leave. Damn I just changed my AVY for the firsttime in like a year. Damn it.

http://www.blazeoflove.com/2009/07/travis-outlaw-to-memphis-denied.html

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Travis Outlaw to Memphis Denied? http://www.blazeoflove.com/2009/07/travis-outlaw-to-memphis-denied.html[/h3]
Interesting Tweet sent out by @DraftExpress just a couple of hours ago that's worth mentioning. Who knows how much truth there is to it or how much background knowledge those guys actually have, but it definitely stirs the pot.

DraftExpress: Memphis Grizzlies not happy Utah matched Millsap. They had a trade in place for Travis Outlaw for a draft pick contingent on that.

As we figured all along, the Blazers have had all kinds of back-end deals going on while this Millsap thing was stuck in limbo.

And Travis Outlaw on the way out of Portland...still not sure this will EVER happen. One can only dream.

mad.gif

It was probably Lakers 2010 pick for Outlaw. If Memphis would've pulled that off, they would've got the best out of a team finally.
laugh.gif

I wonder how true it is and how close could it be to actually happening.

Bass has always been one of my favorites. No joke, a few years ago I used to trade for Bass on the Magic in 2K to fill that forward spot.

My 2 cents - it would be beneficial for them to start Bass if he can give a sustained effort in starter's minutes. Rashard can give them matchup problemswith some teams when playing the four, but in the end, it backfires against the truly great PF's.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

If I were the Lakers, I would let Odom go and sign either Jamario Moon or Matt Barnes.

Artest/Moon/Barnes would be giving that team about the same as Odom/Ariza did, less Odom's ballhandling skills.
You have no clue what you are talking about...

good move Marquis. the dude is real cool ,i remember meeting him at Speedzone when he used to play for the mavs,the guy looked SUPER HIGH.lol.cool personthough.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

SIX QUESTIONS WITH BRANDON BASS

Brandon Bass donned a Magic uniform and addressed the media for the first time on Monday afternoon. My first impressions: he's not that tall but he's very, very big - his shoulders are almost Dwight-like. He comes across as a young guy who genuinely has the best interests of the team in mind, and I think there's little doubt that he'll blend in with the players just fine.

Here are the highlights from Brandon Bass' media session:

Q: Is it true that you gave up more money elsewhere?

Brandon Bass: Yeah, I did. I definitely wanted to have the raise, but I would turn down a couple million to be in a situation like this where I can win a championship. I feel like this is that kind of team we have here.

Q: Your agent said you weren't necessarily looking for a place to start. What kind of role do you expect with the team?

BB: Just someone that can come in and help instantly. It don't matter if I start or come off the bench. I just want to be able to help, and I know I can.

Q: What do you feel you bring to the team?

BB: Someone who can knock down a 15-footer, someone who can drive, someone who can play defense, someone who can run alongside Dwight… I think I fit to this team perfectly and hopefully it shows on the court this year.

Q: You're able to mix it up at center and power forward? Does it matter to you where you play?

BB: I don't have a problem playing wherever. Whereever coach puts me at, whatever my job title might be, I'll be ready for it.

Q: When you've played the Magic in the past, what were your impressions of the team?

BB: They've got the Superman in the middle and a bunch of shooters all over the court. I knew were a team to be reckoned with.

Q: Why No. 30?

BB: Going back to high school and college. That's when I was at my best, so maybe I can bring that back here.

pimp.gif
great attitude and great for my magic

NH I'm gonna miss dude. First Devin and now Brandon, my two favorite players on my favorite team always leave. Damn I just changed my AVY for the first time in like a year. Damn it.

dude I know how you feel
frown.gif
(peep my avy) and CLee was like my 3rdfavorite player.
However I'm not mad at all at our offseason, but those were 2 of my favorite players and they're gone

idk if this has been posted or not, but The Magic are going to sign CJ Watson to an offer sheet.
I would love for this to go down. I don't know much about CJ but his stats tend to suggest he's a pretty efficient player, and an upgrade to Old ManAJ.

Back
Top Bottom