NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Who's the Wolves backup point now? Do they think Rubio is coming over now or something?

I like this for LA...Telfair and Smith will be good backups.

roll.gif

poor qrich getting passed around like a jump off

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

roll.gif

poor qrich getting passed around like a jump off
Seriously, has a dude EVER been traded THREE times in a span of like a month or two?

DAMN.
laugh.gif

Rasheed
nerd.gif

He went from Portland to Atlanta to Detroit in the span of a few games
laugh.gif

Craig Smith is solid. How he never got minutes in Minny is beyond me.

laugh.gif
@ QRich's tour across the 50 states

InsideHoops Twitter is saying that the Jazz have announced a press conference for later this afternoon. They're looking if it's Boozer related. ..maybethe 3 team trade?
laugh.gif

^ Just came in here to post that Franchise
laugh.gif

Updated:

InsideHoopsI don't think it's true. Announcement appears to have nothing to do with Boozer. I don't hear anything about a trade
3 minutes ago from web

Could Kings Trade Martin?

Jul 20, 2009 4:31 PM EST

Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg
Kevin Martin is entering the third season of a five-year contract worth about $53 million.

The possibility of Sacramento trading Martin appears to be greater than ever, especially after the team's 17-win season and questions over his toughness after a lingering ankle injury.

"You definitely want (the Kings' rebuilding) to speed up," Martin told the Sacramento Bee. "You definitely don't want to be scoring 25 (points) for no reason. ... But I've still got time. I definitely want to be part of this. I'm just along for the ride."

via RealGM...

Who were the Kings fans acting like the Kings weren't going to try and trade Martin when I was bringing it up a while back?
laugh.gif

It's nothing serious now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with them picking up Evans. They probably view him more as a combo guard than atrue PG at this point.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg
Kevin Martin is entering the third season of a five-year contract worth about $53 million.

The possibility of Sacramento trading Martin appears to be greater than ever, especially after the team's 17-win season and questions over his toughness after a lingering ankle injury.

"You definitely want (the Kings' rebuilding) to speed up," Martin told the Sacramento Bee. "You definitely don't want to be scoring 25 (points) for no reason. ... But I've still got time. I definitely want to be part of this. I'm just along for the ride."
via RealGM...

Who were the Kings fans acting like the Kings weren't going to try and trade Martin when I was bringing it up a while back?
laugh.gif

It's nothing serious now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with them picking up Evans. They probably view him more as a combo guard than a true PG at this point.
Probably won't happen unless Martin and Evans cannot mesh at all on the court. It will be interesting to see two guards that will probablyaverage 10+ free-throw attempts per game play big minutes. Kings games will be long...

Boozer awaits new NBA home

[h3]BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN[/h3] [h3][email protected][/h3]
Two-time NBA All-Star Carlos Boozer said he and the Utah Jazz have ``mutually agreed'' to a trade, and it would be ``a beautiful thing'' if he could wind up reunited with Olympic teammate Dwyane Wade on the Heat.

Boozer, who owns a waterfront house in Miami and has spent the past five off-seasons here, runs a summer basketball camp at Gulliver Prep Academy in Kendall and said he considers Miami home.

''My wife [CeCe] and I first came here for tax reasons, and fell in love with it,'' Boozer said Monday. ``Love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat. They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys. Dwyane and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team. Plus, I already live here. I'm just waiting to see what happens.''

Boozer, 27, said he and the Jazz have ``mutually agreed'' to a trade, and it's just a matter of finding the right fit and making it happen.'' He said there is no timetable, and the first thing he does every morning is check his cell phone to see if there are any messages about his next destination.

The Heat, in the market for another forward, have shown interest in Boozer and in Los Angeles free agent Lamar Odom, another friend of Wade's who used to play for the Heat. Odom's price tag has been reported at $34 million over five years. Boozer has one year left on his Jazz contract, and was due to be paid $12.7 million next season. Utah is looking to dump his salary to match Portland's $32 million offer sheet for Paul Millsap.

The Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons and New York Knicks have also been mentioned as possible suitors for Boozer. He said he is ``excited'' to begin the next chapter of his career, no matter where it may be, but Miami is his No. 1 choice.

There are so many reasons I feel at home here, and I would love to be part of the Heat organization,'' he said. One reason near to his heart is that in 2007, doctors at Miami Children's Hospital performed a successful bone marrow transplant on his then 14-month-old son, Carmani, to cure him of sickle cell anemia. Carmani, now 3, is healthy and happy, along with twin 2-year-old siblings Cameron and Cayden. Half of the proceeds from Boozer's camp are donated to families of children with sickle cell anemia.

And the biggest signing for the Heat so far
smh.gif
:

Miami Heat re-signs Joel Anthony

The Miami Heat re-signed backup center Joel Anthony, a restricted free agent, on Monday.

The Heat's remaining free agents are Luther Head, Jamaal Magloire and Jamario Moon, who signed an offer sheet with Cleveland.

Anthony appeared in 65 games, including 28 starts, last season. He averaged 2.2 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.43 blocks. He finished second on the team in blocks (93), fourth in field-goal percentage (.483) and tied for fourth in offensive rebounds (89).

i would rather have maglorie resigned then anthony... we should have at least waited to see if we can get boozer first...
if we dont get odom... we should resign moon.. dude is a athletic SF that can guard and looked like he and wade had good chemistry... and he's cheap...
like i said i would rather have
A.I and odom
or
A.I. and boozer...
is there any possible way we might be able to land felton?.. we def need a vet that can run PG to back up or start over chalmers... quinn is not the answer.. iremember wade running a lot of point for us because they didnt want quinn in the game...
laugh.gif

why do you want ai with wade? doesnt make sense to me.
felton would be a good signing, since he can play the point, which moves wade over to the 2.
wasnt crash on the trade block at some point? sign+trade felton+crash for moon+quinn+filler?
good trade for both teams, since bobcats need an athletic wing, and LB can prob coach him well, as well as a 1 to back up dj.
for mia, they get their forward although he's injury prone but beast when healthy, and their pg.
and i rather would have magloire (sp) like someone above said.

because if something was to happen to wade... at least someone that can create his own shot can still put up points when needed... i dont see that type ofplayer yet on our team besides beasley that can score at will...
wade can play point... i know he doesnt want to.. but if him and ai were to share the duties... i dont see what the problem...
on offense... i can def see a problem trying to guard these to because of their quickness and being able to get to the rim... both of these guys are not afraidof contact...
ai would guard the pg and wade guard the 2..

I live in Sacramento and Kings fans generally act like Kevin Martin is the next Kobe Bryant or T-Mac, talent wise.

He's not much more than another one-dimensional two-guard. They should trade him while his value can still get them something.

I live in Sacramento and Kings fans generally act like Kevin Martin is the next Kobe Bryant or T-Mac, talent wise.

He's not much more than another one-dimensional two-guard. They should trade him while his value can still get them something.

i see your point, but i still like my un-realistic trade better
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and that dude must be happy to get rid of kmart
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg

via RealGM...

laugh.gif

It's nothing serious now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with them picking up Evans. They probably view him more as a combo guard than a true PG at this point.
Like every other clear thinking individual.
laugh.gif

Kevin Martin is a borderline franchise player, but would be a really good second option for a championship team. Get er done BC.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom