NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Peaches would be in the lineup over Barnes for sure. Van Gundy knows and trusts him more, I don't see Barnes making that[/ kind of impact. He'll bea much needed bench player for the 2/3 spot, but Pietrus will get PT over him for sure.

I hope they move Shard back to the 3 and start Bass at 4, but they need to put Shard at 4 when it's a mismatch for them. They'll have a lot moreoptions with this team than they did last year.

I honestly think dudes are sleeping on how vital Hedo was to ORL's success. IMHO (& not being a homer), they were tougher to get through last year.Inserting VC & Barnes for C. Lee & Hedo is such a downgrade as far as chemistry/mismatches go it's not even funny. Obviously Bass is a niceaddition & Jameer getting healthy will be huge, but with the additions we've made & with Hedo going, I feel MUCH better about our chances thisseason (still not saying we're better though
wink.gif
).

^ I am not disagreeing with you on peaches but will he trust Barnes or Reddick to take his spot on the bench and what he did for them there.

just something to not destroy chemistry with the bench than what the starting lineup would have to get use to. I just think Barnes is that plug in guy thatwhen the fourth quarter hits, if peaches is on the floor over him and he starts, it would not be a big deal since peaches did not have a full run all night

^ That's what I'm saying.
laugh.gif
...You can be legit 10 deep, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna beat BOS or CLE if they are hittingon all cylinders. I also don't believe a team can improve THAT much after losing your 2nd best player off an NBA Finals squad (Hedo).

VC can do the things Hedo did and more. Hedo could NEVER take the ball to the hoop and draw a foul. He would just stay at the top of the key, get a pick, andtake a shot. I've watched the Magic all season, and I know how much Turk helped the team. But it was BEYOND evident that his heart just wasn't in itand he was mailing in his performance, during the Philly series, and at different times through the playoffs he just looked like he didn't care out there.He hit huge shots and was a clutch player for sure, but VC is an upgrade over Turk without a doubt.

The biggest issue facing the Magic is how they address their starting lineup, if you keep Shard at 4 and put in Pietrus at 3, then you're not takingadvantage of the big men you acquired this offseason. If they move Shard to the 3, they'll lose the mismatch advantage they had against the elite teams,and that's where I'm unsure of how they'll adjust to the new players.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

I have feeling knowing Van Gundy

Howard
Lewis
Barnes
Carter
Nelson

Gortat
Bass
Pietrus
Reddick
Johnson

Anderson better get burn out there or it just makes me more angry we dumped him in the VC deal.
I think SVG will start Howard, Bass, Lewis, Carter and Nelson but end games with Howard, Lewis, Pietrus,Carter and Nelson.

He does the smart thing and ends games with his best players, not the typical two traditional bigs, two swingmen and a point guard.

^ Big J 33, I just don't agree about Hedo/VC AT ALL, but co-sign with the rest of it. Only timewill tell...

Yeah I mispoke I realized.

He could do it, but more often than not he would settle for a jumpshot rather than try to draw the foul late in the game.

I really don't see orlando having much team chemistry next season. Boston scares the hell out of me, yes I'm a Cavs fan and still believe they WIllcome out of the Eastern conference

Hedo's game is very polished, and although VC is a great athlete, his repertoire has shrunk a bit, and it's not like VC is still flying for oops still.He won't be doing any of that, or at least not as much as he used to.

Hedo doesn't rely on his athleticism so he does just fine, but if VC goes down, since he's been injury prone as of late, uh oh.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Borderline franchise guy.

If Ray Allen, Mike Redd, Reggie Miller, were considered franchise players then I think you can look at Kev the same.

you can take Redd out of this because nobody in there right mind thinks of redd as a franchise player

now on to allen and miller those guys will go down as all time greats and you trying to put martin in the same leauge as them?
roll.gif

Agree with the above. He reminds me of Pau in Memphis before they became a playoff team. People never called him an allstar before then, but he was just as affective as he is now. He's just utilized differently
HUH, gasol never played like a all star till the 2006 season

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Hedo's game is very polished, and although VC is a great athlete, his repertoire has shrunk a bit, and it's not like VC is still flying for oops still. He won't be doing any of that, or at least not as much as he used to.

Hedo doesn't rely on his athleticism so he does just fine, but if VC goes down, since he's been injury prone as of late, uh oh.
And despite Vince's athleticism declining, he still got his 20, 5 and 5. And only missed 11 games over the past 4 years, while Turkoglu hasmissed 18 in the same period of time.

NT really overlooks (ignores?) Vince's all around game.

but if VC goes down, since he's been injury prone as of late, uh oh
uh oh to what?

i think some of you forget the magic have nelson as there PG

they have 4 guys right now that can get you over 20 each night
D12
Lewis
VC
Nelson

if they lost VC that team would be just fine

So if VC goes down for a bit, they can't put Barnes or Peaches in? Give Bass more minutes? Yep... if VC goes down, the Magic are done.

Oh, and if it's not injuries, it's "team chemistry."

People are just hating at this point.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I seriously don't get why people are underestimating Vince Carter. Injured-prone really? He's missed like 10-12 games the past 4 years! Japan Air 21I just think you're mad salty that the Magic matched Gortat and took one of your favorite players in Bass.

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

laugh.gif

I seriously don't get why people are underestimating Vince Carter. Injured-prone really? He's missed like 10-12 games the past 4 years! Japan Air 21 I just think you're mad salty that the Magic matched Gortat and took one of your favorite players in Bass.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

laugh.gif

I seriously don't get why people are underestimating Vince Carter. Injured-prone really? He's missed like 10-12 games the past 4 years! Japan Air 21 I just think you're mad salty that the Magic matched Gortat and took one of your favorite players in Bass.

Hmm.

Mike you sure gasol didn't play like an allstar before 2006? He did the same exact same thing and showed his same skillset in previous years. Its just nowhe will become a consistent allstar and will probably be on a few more allstar teams due to how he's being used in la and the fact that he would be on agreat team. Like put martin in cleveland and he will be an allstar easily. Produce the same as he did in sactown, but he's on a winning team and playingalongside a popular player.

Matt Barnes signing with Orlando.

Source - Marc Stein's Twitter

(Magic = East Coast Warriors ... Foyle, Pietrus, Watson, Barnes)

Back
Top Bottom