NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Hedo is the most overrated player in the NBA by far.

Dude is good but sheesh.

The only thing the Magic will miss is his clutchness.

But with him not being there to go 5-14 for until the last minute maybe they won't need it.

[h1]Sorry, Bulls fans, but Boozer's 'paradise' isn't located in Chicago[/h1] By K.C. Johnson | Tribune staff reporter 10:02 PM CDT, July 20, 2009
For all those Bulls fans who got breathlessly excited about Carlos Boozer's radio interview last week in which he stated his desire to play for the Bulls, Boozer said similar things Monday about playing for the Heat.

In fact, Boozer said playing for the Heat is his No. 1 choice.

"My wife [CeCe] and I first came here for tax reasons and fell in love with it," Boozer told the Miami Herald at a basketball camp he holds near Miami, where he lives in the off-season. "Love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat.

"They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys.
Dwyane [Wade] and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team."

In other words, he just wants out of Utah.

Talk of the Bulls' acquiring Boozer has been greatly overstated. Obviously they would be interested in adding an All-Star power forward -- but only at the right price.

I like Orlando's move by getting Barnes. I'd like to see Bass start for them.

I don't see it being anything but a Boston/Orlando ECF, if both teams manage to stay healthy throughout the playoffs.
Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The funny thing to me is, NT still criticizes Vince for not bringing it every night (with good reason, but that was like 5 years ago) but don't mention a word about Turk being passive and inconsistent.
Because most of them go based off what they read/hear. I still see people say things about him missing a lot of games over the last few years.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I wasn't talking about who's a better "scorer" or "go-to-guy". I'll give you Vince on that one. ORL doesn't need a "scorer" (they already have enough of those). Turkey Jordan is a GIANT mismatch. (where VC @ 6'6" is just another SF) PERIOD. I like the CAVS chances against ORL a lot better this year (@ the end of the day, that's all I really care about).
pimp.gif

I'm done talking about VC vs. Hedo.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Okay, but the thing is Vince Carter is not gonna be playing SF he is penciled in at Shooting Guard. If the Magic put Shard in SF then there is your "GIANT mismatch."
That's only 1 mismatch now (which isn't even that serious)...Hedo + Shard @ the 3 & 4 was the mismatch. It was basically 2 6'10" SG's...
alien.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
Well from your posts, you've been comparing what Hedo brings to the table than Vince. Yes, we did have a 2 mismatches but those 2 mismatchesdidn't win us a ship this year did it?

andre miller is a better player and PG than Steve Blake

so it's an upgrade for Portland either way, whether it's Hinrich or Miller

if portland included another player in the deal, then it's bad for them

for example, if they traded Webster AND Blake for Miller, then its a bad trade

but straight up, it's an upgrade

Yeah, I call BS on that report. Everything I've read so far was stated that Portland has zero interest in Miller, and that's been for the last couplemonths now.

I'd still prefer to acquire some kind of PG upgrade this summer(pref. Hinrich) but for the most part I think all the negative attention being thrown inPortland's direction is a little unwarranted. A 30-year old player didn't sign with us for 55 mil. That's about all that's happened. Last Ichecked they clocked 54 wins last year and finished tied for 3rd in the west with the youngest playing rotation in theleague. The sky isn't falling . .

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Yea he's an upgrade but how long do you expect to keep a 33 year old 10 year vet
ohwell.gif

The Oakland (Calif.) Tribune reached someone in Warriors point guard C.J. Watson's camp today and a source close to the negotiations told that paper Watson will sign the Magic's offer sheet. Apparently they spent all Monday trying to work out a deal.
Some other
points of interest from the story:

- Watson turned down a one-year, $2.3 million deal from the Philadelphia 76ers

- He is hoping for a 3-year deal

- The Warriors, as a cost-cutting move, want 14 players instead of the maximum 15 on their roster.

Both this report and other reports on Watson indicate that Warriors general manager Larry Riley likes him. The problem is, they already have two point guards ahead of him in the lineup -- Monta Ellis and dynamic rookie Stephen Curry, who the Warriors took seventh overall in last month's draft -- and a third (Acie Law) he'd have to fight with to even be the third-string point guard.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Yea he's an upgrade but how long do you expect to keep a 33 year old 10 year vet
ohwell.gif
Isn't Jason Kidd like in his 15th or 16th season?
Andre is not a high-flyer and doesn't use athleticism

he knows how to run a team, find teammates, set up teammates, hit open mid-range shots, score when needed
he is a very solid PG and can be effective for at least another 3-5 years IMO

ohwell.gif
You have a point...but isn't there a running joke bout how Andre never gets injured cause he's too slow to do so??
laugh.gif

wow, so the Magic lose Turkoglu

but they gain VC, Bass, Barnes, Ryan Andersen and re-sign Gortat

great off-season for them

I wish they woulda signed sheed

ohwell.gif
Isn't Jason Kidd like in his 15th or 16th season?
Andre is not a high-flyer and doesn't use athleticism

he knows how to run a team, find teammates, set up teammates, hit open mid-range shots, score when needed
he is a very solid PG and can be effective for at least another 3-5 years IMO

If that's the case, Hinrich should have much much more years left.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Matt Barnes signing with Orlando.

Source - Marc Stein's Twitter

(Magic = East Coast Warriors ... Foyle, Pietrus, Watson, Barnes)
laugh.gif
Yea Otis used to work for the Warriors so he's gettin all the Warriors over here

otiz.jpg

So they added Watson, Barnes, Bass, Carter, Anderson, a re-signed Gortat, a healthy Nelson and lost Turkoglu and Lee.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
@ people who still believe they won't be as good or even betterthan last year's team. They're stacked. They need to use Hubie Brown's 10-man rotation with that deep team.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ Portland if that's true. They would've been better off justplaying Bayless off the ball. So, that makes it Turkoglu, Millsap, now Miller, and I also expect it to be Odom if Miller don't fall through.

Cavs fans questioning the Magic are out of their God damn minds.

The hell with all that Hedo - Vince bullcrap, everyone is forgetting that Jameer will be back next year and he can handle all the late game ball handling, pickand roll type stuff and then still have Vince off to side who can create his own shot if everything else breaks down.

Bottom line is at the end of a game if you have D12 settin picks, with Jameer comin around them and Lewis and Peitrus spotting up with Vince waiting in case heneeds to break someone down, go ahead and tell me the offensive weakness and who you're gonna double off of? I'll wait.

Done yet?

That team is LOADED. They can play big, they can play small, they have depth to absord injuries during the regular season, they can put a 3 point team on thefloor, they can do it all.

And if Howard improves his offensive game by even a smidge, FOR-GET it.

Only team out East that can handle the Magic are the Celts. No @#$%^& way you're matchin up with the Magic if you a Cavs fan.

Jameer > Mo
Vince > West
Peitrus < Bron
Lewis > AV
D12 > Shaq

That's 4 outta 5 positions that work in favor of the Magic. And the Cavs bench is not even close to the Magic's either. And I doubt we want to bringup what Van Gundy did to Brown as well in the playoffs, add to that that Brown just lost his top assistant.

If you're a Cavs fan, you should have your panic buttton with you at all times. Because if we match you up with Boston, you don't win that one either.

You better pray for a trade deadline miracle to happen. Otherwise, you're out in the 2nd or 3rd round again. imo

Originally Posted by CP1708

The hell with all that Hedo - Vince bullcrap, everyone is forgetting that Jameer will be back next year and he can handle all the late game ball handling, pick and roll type stuff and then still have Vince off to side who can create his own shot if everything else breaks down.

Bottom line is at the end of a game if you have D12 settin picks, with Jameer comin around them and Lewis and Peitrus spotting up with Vince waiting in case he needs to break someone down, go ahead and tell me the offensive weakness and who you're gonna double off of? I'll wait.

Done yet?

That team is LOADED. They can play big, they can play small, they have depth to absord injuries during the regular season, they can put a 3 point team on the floor, they can do it all.

Only team out East that can handle the Magic are the Celts. No @#$%^& way you're matchin up with the Magic if you a Cavs fan.

Jameer > Mo
Vince > West
Peitrus < Bron
Lewis > AV
D12 > Shaq

That's 4 outta 5 positions that work in favor of the Magic. And the Cavs bench is not even close to the Magic's either. And I doubt we want to bring up what Van Gundy did to Brown as well in the playoffs, add to that that Brown just lost his top assistant.

If you're a Cavs fan, you should have your panic buttton with you at all times. Because if we match you up with Boston, you don't win that one either.

You better pray for a trade deadline miracle to happen. Otherwise, you're out in the 2nd or 3rd round again. imo

roll.gif

plus i think that VC is gonna have a better time playing in ORL knowing that he has no pressure on him to be the man...

Oh and I forgot one thing, if you had in mind using D12's horrible free throw shooting as an advantage for you, may I introduce you to Shaquille Oneal?

Now Orlando's one weakness, is also you're weakness. Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Dude is good but sheesh.

But with him not being there to go 5-14 for until the last minute maybe they won't need it.

Dude is good but sheesh.

Dude is good but sheesh.

3X for emphasis....

CP1708 wrote:

The hell with all that Hedo - Vince bullcrap, everyone is forgetting that Jameer will be back next year and he can handle all the late game ball handling, pick and roll type stuff and then still have Vince off to side who can create his own shot if everything else breaks down.

Bottom line is at the end of a game if you have D12 settin picks, with Jameer comin around them and Lewis and Peitrus spotting up with Vince waiting in case he needs to break someone down, go ahead and tell me the offensive weakness and who you're gonna double off of? I'll wait.

Done yet?

That team is LOADED. They can play big, they can play small, they have depth to absord injuries during the regular season, they can put a 3 point team on the floor, they can do it all.

Jameer > Mo
Vince > West
Peitrus < Bron
Lewis > AV
D12 > Shaq

That's 4 outta 5 positions that work in favor of the Magic. And the Cavs bench is not even close to the Magic's either. And I doubt we want to bring up what Van Gundy did to Brown as well in the playoffs, add to that that Brown just lost his top assistant.

Oh and I forgot one thing, if you had in mind using D12's horrible free throw shooting as an advantage for you, may I introduce you to Shaquille Oneal?

Now Orlando's one weakness, is also you're weakness. Good luck with that.

Yep.............CP def had his Wheaties today
laugh.gif

Where's OC ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

plus i think that VC is gonna have a better time playing in ORL knowing that he has no pressure on him to be the man...

Another point.

People acting like he's going to be the primary option in Orlando. He doesn't even HAVE to be the 2nd option. You still have Shard and Nelson that cancarry that load. The Magic probably has the most balanced team in the league as of now and deepest. They can put any lineup out on the court to match ANY teamin the league.

I'm just ready to see Boston-Orlando in the East Finals.

Back
Top Bottom