NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Even though Drew Gooden is a headcase and inconsistent, he'd be a nice addition to the Nuggets.

I can't be the only disappointed in his career thus far
smh.gif
...I thought hewas going to be a 20-10 guy after watching him at KU.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Even though Drew Gooden is a headcase and inconsistent, he'd be a nice addition to the Nuggets.

smh.gif
...I thought he was going to be a 20-10 guy after watching him at KU.

It all started when Memphis tried to play him at SF next to Pau Gasol and Lorenzen Wright.
smh.gif
That was a wasted pick. If they wanted a SF, they should've just drafted Caron like I wantedthem to.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

smh.gif
It all started when Memphis tried to play him at SF next to Pau Gasol and Lorenzen Wright.
smh.gif
That was a wasted pick. If they wanted a SF, they should've just drafted Caron like I wanted them to.
It started off well, he went 8-8 his first game
laugh.gif

Jerry West lost his that golden touch in terms of drafting talent when he got to Memphis.

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]Knicks Could Sign-And-Trade Lee For Boozer?[/h2]
Jul 25, 2009 10:02 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
The latest rumor involving the Knicks has the team signing-and-trading David Lee to the Jazz for Carlos Boozer.

Lee acknowledged earlier this week that he is getting frustrated with his situation as a free agent.

The move might be a questionable one for the Jazz, especially since they recently matched Portland's offer sheet for Paul Millsap, who is similar to Lee in a number of ways.

Both Boozer and Lee have been linked to a number of teams this offseason.

Via Deseret News
Knicks are so stupid.
smh.gif

Utah fans would love this move though for multiple reasons.....

smh.gif
I don't know, but Drew is still giving you 12 and 8 in less than 30 mpg which is not THAT bad. He's a poor man's version of David Leeand I'm not sure why he hasn't been able to latch onto a team for a longer stretch.

^i dont get it shuges. how would utah be happy?
knicks fan all believe that dlee is not worth 10mil a year.
utah wants to shred salary, hence the reason in trading boozer, yet take back dlee?
what happens to milsap?

Originally Posted by BangDak

utah wants to shred salary, hence the reason in trading boozer, yet take back dlee?
what happens to milsap?

ill tell you this. before there were thoughts of lebron coming to the knicks, knicks fans thought david lee was worth 50 million a year
laugh.gif
can i get a witness?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what happens to milsap?

ill tell you this. before there were thoughts of lebron coming to the knicks, knicks fans thought david lee was worth 50 million a year
laugh.gif
can i get a witness?
roll.gif

no effing way. find one REAL knick fan that says/said that.
half of us even wanted to trade him+curry/jefferies because we didnt want to deal with his contract extension, and let him walk for nothing, as well as get ridof one of our two bad contracts.
smh.gif
smh.gif

what happens to milsap?
I don't like Lee in Utah much either. He's a Sloan type of guy and would do well in the system, but they don't need him with Millsaplocked up. If they can find a veteran back up to play 12-15 minute behind Millsap (or just play AK-47 at PF where he belongs), that be ideal.

What Utah really needs to focus on is finding a swingman that create on the perimeter. Brewer is young, athletic and can defend, but he isn't a reliablescorer. Korver and Miles can shoot the ball well, but don't offer much else. AK-47 is better suited at PF than SF and Harpring is on his last legs. RipHamilton could do well in Utah's system (though he's a bit limited himself).

True. I can co-sign NY fans being split on Lee.
laugh.gif

I was one of the very few in the season thread (during the season) arguing that he should stay.

Dak I say that Utah will be happy b/c most Utah fans just wanted Boozer gone. Plus Lee is white.
laugh.gif

But you're right, bringing Lee in to play when they just re-upped Paul makes no sense.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

True. I can co-sign NY fans being split on Lee.
laugh.gif

I was one of the very few in the season thread (during the season) arguing that he should stay.

Dak I say that Utah will be happy b/c most Utah fans just wanted Boozer gone. Plus Lee is white.
laugh.gif

But you're right, bringing Lee in to play when they just re-upped Paul makes no sense.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Also keep in mind, the Jazz own the Knicks' 2010 pick. They don't want to improve the Knicks' chance of winning anything, even if it takes awayfrom their own potential success this season.

just so everyone knows, the job that the media, and sources have done with regards to the knicks are just terrible this summer.

horrible reporting.

and nobody ever thought lee was worth 50 million. get outa here with that.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

just so everyone knows, the job that the media, and sources have done with regards to the knicks are just terrible this summer.

horrible reporting.

and nobody ever thought lee was worth 50 million. get outa here with that.

roll.gif

why because they not reporting fantasy moves like deals for the knicks like most years?

no.

one day they're not interested in sessions, the next day they are.

one nate will accept the qo, next day he's going to greece.

eddy curry going to houston for tmac

grant hill be a knick

etc

it's been a joke, and there is not one reputable reporter that follows the knicks to begin with

no.

grant hill be a knick

etc

it's been a joke, and there is not one reputable reporter that follows the knicks to begin with

You're right about that.

Originally Posted by raptors29

no.

grant hill be a knick

etc

You're right about that.
Yep.

But that's more an indictment on how terrible the Knicks have been run in recent years than anything else.

The Knicks have been looked at as a joke in recent years. So guys like Vescey and Isola prefer to make fun of them instead of reporting legit news in hopes offurther embarrassing the organization into doing GOOD things as opposed to making more blunders.

[h1]Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 1 minute ago

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heat's contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to the Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

"It's close, but it's not done," said one source.

Lakers officials and Odom's representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the team's owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakers' previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida.

Odom, 30, played for the Heat during the 2003-04 season - the only season in his 10-year career that he didn't spend in Los Angeles - and has maintained a good relationship with Dwyane Wade(notes).

Odom's departure would be a huge loss for the Lakers and an unexpected gift for the Western Conference's other top contenders. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.2 rebounds last season, and played well during the Lakers' run to the championship despite being bothered by back spasms. The Lakers replaced Trevor Ariza(notes) with Ron Artest(notes) this summer, but Odom's length and versatility made him a difficult matchup off the bench for opposing teams.

I don't know how reliable this dude is though.

Back
Top Bottom