NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

The Knicks information always suck. Like I've said several times in previous years, they're the team that's always rumored to get 90 percent of theplayers in the league and always end up with somebody like Larry Hughes. Its going to be even worse next year.

Plus he broke the Yao out for the year before anybody else.

Since Buss won't re-offer the 9-10M a year, that must mean 6-7-8M a year offer the Lakers are dangling, and Odom feels the bridge is burned, no stateincome tax, got his ring, might as well move to South Beach, and start in the process.

Originally Posted by raptors29

[h1]Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 1 minute ago

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heat's contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to the Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

"It's close, but it's not done," said one source.

Lakers officials and Odom's representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the team's owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakers' previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida.

Odom, 30, played for the Heat during the 2003-04 season - the only season in his 10-year career that he didn't spend in Los Angeles - and has maintained a good relationship with Dwyane Wade(notes).

Odom's departure would be a huge loss for the Lakers and an unexpected gift for the Western Conference's other top contenders. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.2 rebounds last season, and played well during the Lakers' run to the championship despite being bothered by back spasms. The Lakers replaced Trevor Ariza(notes) with Ron Artest(notes) this summer, but Odom's length and versatility made him a difficult matchup off the bench for opposing teams.
He's a very reliable source. He breaks a lot of news for Yahoo but ESPN never gives credit to him when he's the first to report it.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

no.

one day they're not interested in sessions, the next day they are.

one nate will accept the qo, next day he's going to greece.

eddy curry going to houston for tmac

grant hill be a knick

etc

it's been a joke, and there is not one reputable reporter that follows the knicks to begin with
well no one really cares about the knicks so.....

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heat's contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to the Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

Lakers officials and Odom's representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the team's owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakers' previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida.

Odom, 30, played for the Heat during the 2003-04 season - the only season in his 10-year career that he didn't spend in Los Angeles - and has maintained a good relationship with Dwyane Wade(notes).

Odom's departure would be a huge loss for the Lakers and an unexpected gift for the Western Conference's other top contenders. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.2 rebounds last season, and played well during the Lakers' run to the championship despite being bothered by back spasms. The Lakers replaced Trevor Ariza(notes) with Ron Artest(notes) this summer, but Odom's length and versatility made him a difficult matchup off the bench for opposing teams.
pimp.gif
Come onLO! JUST DO IT.

IMO, that dude Alan Hahn be spreading most of the nonsense when it comes to the Knicks, hence all the confusion and misdirection

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

pimp.gif
Come on LO! JUST DO IT.

yeeeeeeessssssss!!!! i can rock my miami lo jersey agian!!! im sorry, im a la fan, but lo is my favorite player and i loved him on miami!

Has anyone heard anything new on Lamar?
Just playing......
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
COME HOME LAMAR!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

so which one is right they both came out at the same time?
[h1]Heat Make No Progress With Odom[/h1]http://www.realgm.com/src...e_no_progress_with_odom/

[h1]Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat[/h1]http://sports.yahoo.com/n...;prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Put it this way, Realgm reported Odom accpeted a 4 yr $40 million deal with the Lakers earlier this week
laugh.gif
roll.gif
you right............
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
bye lamar

[h1]Heat Make No Progress With Odom[/h1]http://www.realgm.com/src...e_no_progress_with_odom/

[h1]Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat[/h1]http://sports.yahoo.com/n...;prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Also, the source they used was from yesterday AND that source rearly get good info. All that paper wrote was there's no progress. All that tells me is LOhas signed because there is NOTHING to negotiate. It's a 3yr/34mil contract w/3rd yr player opt.

The only two teams left with a signifcant amount of capspace is Memphis and OKC. I know Memphis is at around 48mil after signing all their rookies andrescinded Hak's offer leaving them with like 9 mil to spend.

I wonder if any one of those teams will make a big move before the off-season ends to add some more depth to the roster. I'm hoping for Memphis to make amove for Flip Murray.

I dont think the "Odom leaning towards Miami" article by Adrian Whatshisname holds much weight...it seems purely speculative.

Gooden to DAL is e very decent pickup. Drew can come off the bench any night and give 12-8, it's just that he's not a full starter. I watched him foryears in Cleveland, and the games he got his head on straight and knew his role he played great, it's just that there's no consistency there as astarter. Regardless, one year and 4/4.5m isn't bad at all, and we know DAL was in the market after losing out on Gortat.

The only thing that doesn't make sense for the Lee/Boozer trade are the salaries both are picking up, but at the same time if they truly want them gonethey're going to have to take something back in return. And yes the Knicks want to shed salary, but the superstars aren't going to NY if the teamaround them is trash. They simply won't. I can't say David Lee is worth $10m per, but at the same time he's a great role player and he's beenthe only shining beacon on that team for a few years now.

NaS: love the new avy

Originally Posted by heat23

Also, the source they used was from yesterday AND that source rearly get good info. All that paper wrote was there's no progress. All that tells me is LO has signed because there is NOTHING to negotiate. It's a 3yr/34mil contract w/3rd yr player opt.
damn i hope your right... now we can focus on a vet PG... felton??? i would rather have AI but i dont see it happening... maybe wade will resignafter LO does... damn can we get butler back... i think those 3 guys would be amazing playing together again...

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by Al3xis

no.

one day they're not interested in sessions, the next day they are.

one nate will accept the qo, next day he's going to greece.

eddy curry going to houston for tmac

grant hill be a knick

etc

it's been a joke, and there is not one reputable reporter that follows the knicks to begin with
well no one really cares about the knicks so.....
Who cares about Mateen Cleaves though?

The Knicks information always suck. Like I've said several times in previous years, they're the team that's always rumored to get 90 percent of the players in the league and always end up with somebody like Larry Hughes. Its going to be even worse next year.
Reach.

Back
Top Bottom