NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

lamar leaving the lakers is just ******ed.

players being stupid with the moniez.

LO just wanted to be locked in for more years... after he signes this current offer who know what he will have left if its only a 3 year deal.. he might aswell and try to get 5 years... do you know how many players go broke after being in the league???

[h2]NoConfirmation On One-Year Deal Between Nate, Knicks[/h2]
Jul 26, 2009 10:02 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Yahoo! Sports reported early Sunday that the Knicks and restricted free-agent guard Nate Robinson were close to a one-year deal worth $5million.

However, Alan Hahn of Newsday has been unable to confirm the report.

Hahn wrote late Sunday that neither Robinson, nor his representation, has discussed any numbers on a possible deal.

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Duffy: Rubio IsOverrated[/h2]
Jul 26, 2009 10:05 PM EST

min_40.gif
Bill Duffy, agent for players like Steve Nash, believed Ricky Rubio was one of the more overrated players of the 2009 NBA Draft.

"To be honest with you, the other kid, Brandon Jennings, who played in Italy, ranked higher," said Duffy, referring to his client, a point guardwho was picked 10th by Milwaukee. "I had three other first-round point guards, but I didn't have [Rubio] ranked that high. I think he is pretty good,but I think he might be a little hyped up.

"He is a flashy guy and he is young, but I think it is a lot of hype. I mean, he will be a good player, but they are trying to compare him with my guySteve Nash or John Stockton -- I don't see that."

Via Star Tribune

Minnesota Timberwolves

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Magic No Longer FavoritesFor Watson[/h2]
Jul 26, 2009 8:54 PM EST

orl_40.gif
Less than a week after C.J. Watson expressed interest in joining the Magic, it seems that the team is no longer the front-runner to acquire thepoint guard.

In a text message to RealGM's Alex Kennedy, Watson indicated that there is no longer a favorite for his services and that he could end up anywhere.

"Whichever team best fits me and will give me a chance to play is where me and my agents have to decide," added Watson.

The Magic, who just signed forward Matt Barnes, do not have the money to extend a significant offer sheet to Watson. Golden State would match any offer withinOrlando's spending limit, according to sources.

While sign-and-trade talks are ongoing, if a deal cannot be worked out then Watson must turn to his attention to other teams.

Philadelphia and New York are among several teams that have shown interest and returning to Golden State remains an option.

Via Alex Kennedy/RealGM

sigh. this is going to be one long offseason.
no nate, no lee, no sessions, no miller, we get cj instead?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

smh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

Allen was right. The Knicks information this off-season is sorry as hell.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by BangDak

smh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

Allen was right. The Knicks information this off-season is sorry as hell.
b51idt.gif

Gooden Agrees To Deal With Dallas
More Mavericks News

* Source: Gooden Agrees To Sign With Mavs
* Judge OKs Pregnancy Test In Nowitzki Case
* Details Of Cuban-Nellie Feud Released
* Cuban Isn't Worried About Losing Dirk
* Dallas Mavericks Archive

Mavericks Links

* Dallas Home Page
* Dallas Roster
* Dallas Message Board
* Find Mavericks Tickets
* Feedback or Suggestions

Jul 27, 2009 12:55 AM EST

Drew Gooden announced that he has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Mavericks on his Twitter feed just aftermidnight Saturday, writing, "Dallas here I come!!!"

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted in response: "Welcome Drew."

ESPN.com, quoting unidentified sources, reported that Gooden will receive a one-year contract worth a guaranteed $4.5 millionwith incentives that can exceed $5 million. The Mavericks have money to spend because of the midlevel exception void left by Brandon Bass'departure.

[table][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
LAK.gif
[/td] [td] Lamar Odom-F-Lakers[/td] [td]Jul. 26 - 10:11 pm et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Janis Carr of the O.C. Register reports that "those who know say Odom will remain in Los Angeles and will make it official soon."

Heat beat writer Ira Winderman wrote on Sunday, "Is Lamar headed back to South Florida? Probably not." This contradicts a recent report by Yahoo! Sports, and only time will tell whether he is using the Heat as leverage or legitimately considering a reunion with Dwyane Wade.
Source: Orange County Register [/td] [/tr][/table]

i wish dude would hurry up and make up his mind

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

* Stops believing whatever he reads about Odom leaning one way or another, and just waits for a press conference *

Seriously, I've heard so many confirmations and stories of people going different places and not turning up true, not just Odom, but Gortat and numerousother too.

* Stops believing whatever he reads about Odom leaning one way or another, and just waits for a press conference *

nvm.......I cant read right
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Seriously, I've heard so many confirmations and stories of people going different places and not turning up true, not just Odom, but Gortat and numerous other too.

i wish Gortat would have gone to the Mavs it would have made the Mavs legit imo..just having eric dampier on the roster as the starting center is $+%%+@@ themup

Back
Top Bottom