NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

FINALLY

It's a done deal, Lakers re *@+%*#$ loaded for the next few years,

I love it

Damn you though Lamar for putting LA through all of this, but the important thing is that it's all resolved

Los Angeles keeps every core contributor and upgraded from Ariza to Artest,

phil+zen.jpg

pimp.gif

Can't wait for the season to start

For some reason i dont like being favored. It just doesnt feel right being EXPECTED to win it all. Id rather be an underdog, at least somewhere down the road.
I'd prefer for everyone to expect the celtics or spurs win it all. I love the challenge and the nothing to lose mentality. Less pressure as well.

I hear you LiCenseD. Everyone was riding high on the Cavs 66 wins and sweeping the first two rounds, and I admittedly thought we would beat Orlando in 6 orless given how well we were playing, but I still didn't want to play LA in the Finals.

Hakim Warrick deciding between Cle, Phi, and the Bucks, via Stein.

Why not just roll with JJ Hickson if you're the Cavs

Originally Posted by franchise3

Hakim Warrick deciding between Cle, Phi, and the Bucks, via Stein.

Why not just roll with JJ Hickson if you're the Cavs
If it wasn't for Elton Brand, Philly would be a nice place for Hak.

^JJ Hickson is apparently having a lot of back problems, as well as problems off the court. I randomly read Austin Carr's blog on the site one day thissummer and he eluded to JJ not being dedicated to training and was just enjoying being in the NBA. Who the hell knows. I would imagine Hakim Warrick will takewherever offers the most, and it's believed we can only offer like $2m per. That said, I'd take him.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^^I'm not ready to say that Artest signing is better than the Sheed signing, because I think there's too much for Ron to prove both on and off the court. We'll obviously be able to make that assessment AFTER the season, maybe it's just me, I'm just not ready to think that yet.
co-sign. Acquiring Artest isn't as big a people are making it. Maybe a couple of years ago, but his game is on the decline imo. With thatsaid, Lakers are still favored in the west

Originally Posted by heat23

NT, A.I. or Tinsley for the Heat?
Tinsley, IMO.

What's general consensus on McCants? He seems to not have a good head on his shoulders, but he's a good athlete and is pretty much a pure two,ain't he?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Tinsley, IMO.

What's general consensus on McCants? He seems to not have a good head on his shoulders, but he's a good athlete and is pretty much a pure two, ain't he?

If he stops chasing these fugly girls (khloe k) and work on his game, you might have something there.

I like Tinsley but he didn't play last yr and will be rusty for a min imo

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Tinsley, IMO.

What's general consensus on McCants? He seems to not have a good head on his shoulders, but he's a good athlete and is pretty much a pure two, ain't he?
i think he can play multiple positions (only for short periods of time) but mostly is a wingmen. takes questionable shots, but a good spark offthe bench imo.
btw, just checked the front page, and i must say, nice job. props
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Artest signing >>>>> Sheed signing.

Sheed is as washed up as AI.
Nawwwww

AI is a cancer. Sheed can still ball and now he will actually try while hes in Boston.

Back
Top Bottom