NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Didn't the Blazers just move from 24 to 20 or something close to that?

If Memphis was in the range of 3, 26 and 30
wink.gif
I'm sure they couldtake 26 and 30 and go up a couple spots if that's what they wanted. Or, they could just take 2 young guys and put them with the rest of the kids. No bigdeal.

Portland sure loved their late round pics, so much they used one with sergio to move up like 2 spots in the 2nd round rolf.

I could care-less if they trade up or not. They will get some good talent with those picks unless they trade them away.

It is interesting because we have 3 1st round picks in 2010 followed by massive caproom in 2011, yet the media remains on Sam Presti's nuts.
laugh.gif

Thabeet better pan out.

if the cavs don't make it to the finals lebron is out. He is pretty damn clear that he's gonna bounce. I don't know if he's going to the knicksbut he is leaving. OC you can lie to yourself all you want.

Seriously, DWill looks a whole lot slimmer. Either he's been wearing jerseys too big or he's been on some p90x. Where's the before and after?

Rubio staying in with DKV Joventut for another 2 years according to the team's twitter account

Minnesota stay taking Ls
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

shoulda traded him when they could have gotten chandler and the number 8
laugh.gif
@ them passing up having Flynn, Derozan, Chandler at the1,2, and 3.

I can care less about Rubio. I actually think the kid isn't cut out for the NBA quite yet. Johnny Flynn is the future and I wish my team drafted him,he'll have a nice career IMO.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^that would have been such a bad deal on the knicks part. i love chandler, nh.
I have mixed feelings about the deal because we need a serious point guard. But I'd much rather have sessions, chandler, and hill on the teamrather than just rubio so i guess it depends on if we get a good point guard this off season or during next season. But from the wolves perspective they shouldhave done it right away.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Rubio staying in with DKV Joventut for another 2 years according to the team's twitter account

Minnesota stay taking Ls
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't see what the problem is. We all knew this was a possibility and it just gives Flynn more room to grow without the worry of anotheryoung PG competing with him for PT.

Does this mean Rubio isn't going to play for us eventually? No. All it means is that we're going to have a 20-year old Rubio play for us and not a18-year Rubio. We own his rights so he has to play with us...there's now way around that. And anyway, find me a quote where he says he doesn't want toplay in Minnesota. The whole issue was his buyout....there's no way to get him the 6 million dollars he needs. He tried the endorsement route but that willnot be close to enough.

How do we stay taking Ls? Rubio's going to play for us still...just not until 2011. It's really not that big of a deal. The kid is 18, he still has alot to learn and some people were speculating that he wasn't ready for the NBA anyway. I'm not saying I agree with that, but if it IS true, then Rubio playing overseas for a couple more years is the best scenario possible for himself, the Timberwolves, andFlynn.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Minnesota stay taking Ls
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't see what the problem is. We all knew this was a possibility and it just gives Flynn more room to grow without the worry of another young PG competing with him for PT.

Does this mean Rubio isn't going to play for us eventually? No. All it means is that we're going to have a 20-year old Rubio play for us and not a 18-year Rubio. We own his rights so he has to play with us...there's now way around that. And anyway, find me a quote where he says he doesn't want to play in Minnesota. The whole issue was his buyout....there's no way to get him the 6 million dollars he needs. He tried the endorsement route but that will not be close to enough.

How do we stay taking Ls? Rubio's going to play for us still...just not until 2011. It's really not that big of a deal. The kid is 18, he still has a lot to learn and some people were speculating that he wasn't ready for the NBA anyway. I'm not saying I agree with that, but if it IS true, then Rubio playing overseas for a couple more years is the best scenario possible for himself, the Timberwolves, and Flynn.

This is NT, they don't look at things reasonably like that.
laugh.gif

I don't know why people automatically assume it was the city he was playing in. The Knicks could've got him and he still would've did the samething because it just wouldn't have been enough money for him unless he was picked in the top 3. Then, he would've possibly had a chance.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Minnesota stay taking Ls
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't see what the problem is. We all knew this was a possibility and it just gives Flynn more room to grow without the worry of another young PG competing with him for PT.

Does this mean Rubio isn't going to play for us eventually? No. All it means is that we're going to have a 20-year old Rubio play for us and not a 18-year Rubio. We own his rights so he has to play with us...there's now way around that. And anyway, find me a quote where he says he doesn't want to play in Minnesota. The whole issue was his buyout....there's no way to get him the 6 million dollars he needs. He tried the endorsement route but that will not be close to enough.

How do we stay taking Ls? Rubio's going to play for us still...just not until 2011. It's really not that big of a deal. The kid is 18, he still has a lot to learn and some people were speculating that he wasn't ready for the NBA anyway. I'm not saying I agree with that, but if it IS true, then Rubio playing overseas for a couple more years is the best scenario possible for himself, the Timberwolves, and Flynn.
you can spin it anyway you want homie.

You think when rubio comes in two years he's gonna wanna battle with an established point guard in flynn? If the wolves wanted to go the two pg route theycould have gotten curry instead of some kid who has mad baggage. The wolves should have used that number 6 pick more wisely, i don't see how you can thinkotherwise.

Back
Top Bottom