NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Also..

Sessions, Iverson, Felton, all very good guards who have yet to find a team.

Felton and Sessions are both restricted, but it doesn't seem like their respective teams can come to an agreement on contracts.

Felton and Sessions are good to very good guards who are screwed by the economy, cause if the cap went up like it usually does they would have signed on 7/14

[h1]Memphis Offers Deal To Mike Taylorhttp://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61429/20090903/memphis_offers_deal_to_mike_taylor/[/h1]

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61429/20090903/memphis_offers_deal_to_mike_taylor/
Sep 03, 2009 7:56 PM EST

Taylor_Mike_lac.jpg
The Memphis Grizzlies have offered point guard Mike Taylor a contract following his workout with the team on Thursday, sources tell RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Memphis also worked out Juan Dixon, Jason Hart, and Bo McCaleb. They planned to bring in Brevin Knight, Luther Head, and Tyronn Lue for workouts before extending the offer to Taylor.

As a rookie last season, Taylor averaged 5.7 points and 2.1 assists with the Los Angeles Clippers.

Hopefully he signs. I like him better than Marcus Williams. Also, the Grizz are giving AI two weeks to accept the offer.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

[h1]Memphis Offers Deal To Mike Taylorhttp://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61429/20090903/memphis_offers_deal_to_mike_taylor/[/h1]

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61429/20090903/memphis_offers_deal_to_mike_taylor/
Sep 03, 2009 7:56 PM EST

Taylor_Mike_lac.jpg
The Memphis Grizzlies have offered point guard Mike Taylor a contract following his workout with the team on Thursday, sources tell RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Memphis also worked out Juan Dixon, Jason Hart, and Bo McCaleb. They planned to bring in Brevin Knight, Luther Head, and Tyronn Lue for workouts before extending the offer to Taylor.

As a rookie last season, Taylor averaged 5.7 points and 2.1 assists with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Is there a concrete offer on the table?

^this man's pregame dunks are off the hizzy...... The guy dunked all over Brian Skinner during warm ups......... off a lob fromhimself....................... and went between the legs.

Been hearing the Heat rumor for a little bit now, Im curious to see who the Heat would throw our way. I wouldn't mind giving up Skip in a trade... I'dlike to keep Dooling here though.

Curious to see how the Sessions situation works out as well.

Don't know how to post the articles like you guys but it's on Real GM, Clips offer Carlos Arroyo a contract.

I was sad to see Mike Taylor go at first but he is clearly not ready to run a team. He struggled in summer league big time so if he couldn't do wellagainst that kind of competition, that ultimately cost him a roster spot. His pre-game dunks will be missed though.

So, RealGM is reporting that Sessions is close to signing an offer sheet with the Timberwolves.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Where do I sign up? I'd say that's pretty damn close to being on par with OKC, Sessions is damn good. Given time, that's a studly team.

He sure does, and if he can get Sessions on the cheap, the way people view him would change 180 degrees.

He'll still own the rights to Rubio in two years, and one of the best prospect PG's in the League, if not THE best.

I'm not at all a fan of Kwame's, and love criticizing his game as much as the next man, but hopefully he's able to pull through this and keeps hishead up...

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Posted: Sept. 2, 2009[/h4] [h1]Pistons C Kwame Brown's mother dies[/h1]
FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

Kwame Brown's mother has died. Joyce Brown, 61, was pronounced dead Monday at Southeast Georgia Health System's Brunswick hospital, the Florida Times-Union reported.

"The preliminary investigation indicates she died of natural causes," Glynn County (Ga.) coroner Jimmy Durden said. "There is no indication of foul play."

Brown, an eight-year NBA veteran center, joined the Pistons before last season. He is the seventh of eight children.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation officials said family members found Brown unresponsive and called 911. The newspaper reported that she suffered from high blood pressure, lost a kidney to disease and was on disability with a bad back.

An autopsy was to be performed Tuesday. She had no visible injuries, and there was no indication of forced entry or other problems at her home, said Mike McDaniel, special agent in charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation office in Kingsland.

Damn how do you just die out of the blue at 61..
tired.gif

Feel for the dude, losing loved ones that close is not a thing you want to go through, but it's just apart of life, but to happen so sudden andunexpectedly, it sucks.

(I hadn't realized Kwame's been around for 8 years now, he's a vet).

ill be glad when this sessions crap ends. the entire summer its been hey he's gonna sign here today, no here, no no no actually here. just sign withsomeone already. geez.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^this man's pregame dunks are off the hizzy...... The guy dunked all over Brian Skinner during warm ups......... off a lob from himself....................... and went between the legs.

in cement shoes................... over a shark infested tank...................... on the moon.......

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So, RealGM is reporting that Sessions is close to signing an offer sheet with the Timberwolves.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Where do I sign up? I'd say that's pretty damn close to being on par with OKC, Sessions is damn good. Given time, that's a studly team.

News cam out of nowhere
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Not even....

And I'm certain any sane coach wouldn't start Flynn or Sessions in the backcourt together when neither of them can shoot and are undersized. Flynnwould likely come off the bench.

I'm trying not to hate the Timberwolves, but they took 2 of the PGs I wanted in the draft, and now they're going after Sessions??

Come on.... stop trying to piss off the Knicks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Not even....

And I'm certain any sane coach wouldn't start Flynn or Sessions in the backcourt together when neither of them can shoot and are undersized. Flynn would likely come off the bench.
Sessions ~ Westbrook right now IMO.
Love ~ Green
Jefferson ~ Durant
Brewer and Flynn ~ Harden

they're not as good, but stacking them up against eachother based on potential, it's not terribly far fetched.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Not even....

And I'm certain any sane coach wouldn't start Flynn or Sessions in the backcourt together when neither of them can shoot and are undersized. Flynn would likely come off the bench.
Love ~ Green
Jefferson ~ Durant

they're not as good, but stacking them up against eachother based on potential, it's not terribly far fetched.

frown.gif
JapanAir21 wrote:

Damn how do you just die out of the blue at 61..
tired.gif

Feel for the dude, losing loved ones that close is not a thing you want to go through, but it's just apart of life, but to happen so sudden and unexpectedly, it sucks.

(I hadn't realized Kwame's been around for 8 years now, he's a vet).
this past year my ex-girls mother passed away at the age of 62 out of the blue as well too and she was very healthy but it just happened out ofnowhere
frown.gif
she was like a mother to me too...sudden death is tough...iknow how kwame is feeling RIP keep your head up KB

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Not even....

Love ~ Green
Jefferson ~ Durant

133203964_ba9f86e180.jpg

[h2]Source: Sessions, Wolves agree[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

The waiting and wondering is finally over for restricted free agent Ramon Sessions, who agreed Friday to sign a four-year, $16 million offer sheet with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

A source told ESPN.com that the paperwork on the deal was being processed Friday morning. After Sessions signs, the Milwaukee Bucks will have seven days to match the offer, which they are not expected to do.

3231.jpg

Sessions

Sessions' name had been linked with the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers throughout the summer. But New York was unwilling to guarantee more than one year -- which would tie up the Knicks' coveted cap space for the summer of 2010 free agent market. And Los Angeles made a trade last month with Minnesota to acquire Sebastian Telfair as the backup to Baron Davis.

In Minneapolis, Sessions would compete for minutes with rookie Jonny Flynn of Syracuse, the sixth pick of the draft who was elevated to No. 1 on the Wolves' point guard depth chart after efforts to acquire Ricky Rubio's rights from the Spanish club DKV Joventut failed earlier this week.

That put the Timberwolves in the position of scrambling to find another playmaker, and the 23-year-old Sessions was the best option on the free agent market after he and his agent, James "Chubby" Wells, decided weeks ago to hold off on committing to the Knicks in the hope a new opportunity would arise.

Unclear, though, is how the addition of Sessions for at least the next three seasons would impact Rubio's status with Minnesota.

The Wolves have been adamant that they will wait two years for Rubio if necessary. But Rubio's decision to stay in his native country when perennial Spanish club power Barcelona offered to pay his entire $5 million buyout with DJK Joventut, coupled with Sessions' looming arrival, only figures to encourage teams interested in Rubio -- such as the Knicks -- to try to pry him away from Minnesota via trade.

Matching the offer to Sessions, whose deal includes a player option for the fourth season, would put the Bucks over the luxury tax threshold, making it extremely unlikely the two-year veteran will return to Milwaukee.

Sessions averaged 12.4 points and 5.7 assists last season for the Bucks.

Chris Sheridan is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. ESPN.com senior NBA writer Marc Stein contributed to this report.

By Chris Sheridan

Sources: Lee to receive 1-year deal
By Andrew Marchand
ESPN.com
Archive

The New York Knicks expect to sign restricted free agent David Lee to a one-year contract at some point after Labor Day, officials familiar with the talks said Friday.

2772.jpg

Lee

Knicks president Donnie Walsh said he doesn't think a Lee sign-and-trade is possible. Even though the Knicks like Lee, Walsh said he is not interested in signing the forward to a long-term contract at this point; he wants to maintain as much payroll flexibility for next summer, when LeBron James, Chris Bosh and other prominent players will be free agents.

"We can't get a deal" for Lee, Walsh said.

Contract discussions are expected to heat up next week, with a deal expected to fall into the $6 million-to-$8 million range. The only way the deal with Lee wouldn't get done is if another team offers the Knicks a sign-and-trade scenario for a player the Knicks like at least as much as Lee and still allows for future financial flexibility.

No sign-and-trades have materialized at this point, and Walsh doesn't expect any. There is also a good chance that guard Nate Robinson will return to the Knicks on a one-year deal as well, Walsh said.

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor for 1050 ESPN New York.

By Andrew Marchand

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h2]Source: Sessions, Wolves agree[/h2]
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

The waiting and wondering is finally over for restricted free agent Ramon Sessions, who agreed Friday to sign a four-year, $16 million offer sheet with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

A source told ESPN.com that the paperwork on the deal was being processed Friday morning. After Sessions signs, the Milwaukee Bucks will have seven days to match the offer, which they are not expected to do.

3231.jpg

Sessions

Sessions' name had been linked with the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers throughout the summer. But New York was unwilling to guarantee more than one year -- which would tie up the Knicks' coveted cap space for the summer of 2010 free agent market. And Los Angeles made a trade last month with Minnesota to acquire Sebastian Telfair as the backup to Baron Davis.

In Minneapolis, Sessions would compete for minutes with rookie Jonny Flynn of Syracuse, the sixth pick of the draft who was elevated to No. 1 on the Wolves' point guard depth chart after efforts to acquire Ricky Rubio's rights from the Spanish club DKV Joventut failed earlier this week.

That put the Timberwolves in the position of scrambling to find another playmaker, and the 23-year-old Sessions was the best option on the free agent market after he and his agent, James "Chubby" Wells, decided weeks ago to hold off on committing to the Knicks in the hope a new opportunity would arise.

Unclear, though, is how the addition of Sessions for at least the next three seasons would impact Rubio's status with Minnesota.

The Wolves have been adamant that they will wait two years for Rubio if necessary. But Rubio's decision to stay in his native country when perennial Spanish club power Barcelona offered to pay his entire $5 million buyout with DJK Joventut, coupled with Sessions' looming arrival, only figures to encourage teams interested in Rubio -- such as the Knicks -- to try to pry him away from Minnesota via trade.

Matching the offer to Sessions, whose deal includes a player option for the fourth season, would put the Bucks over the luxury tax threshold, making it extremely unlikely the two-year veteran will return to Milwaukee.

Sessions averaged 12.4 points and 5.7 assists last season for the Bucks.

Chris Sheridan is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. ESPN.com senior NBA writer Marc Stein contributed to this report.
By Chris Sheridan

Sources: Lee to receive 1-year deal
By Andrew Marchand
ESPN.com
Archive

The New York Knicks expect to sign restricted free agent David Lee to a one-year contract at some point after Labor Day, officials familiar with the talks said Friday.

2772.jpg

Lee

Knicks president Donnie Walsh said he doesn't think a Lee sign-and-trade is possible. Even though the Knicks like Lee, Walsh said he is not interested in signing the forward to a long-term contract at this point; he wants to maintain as much payroll flexibility for next summer, when LeBron James, Chris Bosh and other prominent players will be free agents.

"We can't get a deal" for Lee, Walsh said.

Contract discussions are expected to heat up next week, with a deal expected to fall into the $6 million-to-$8 million range. The only way the deal with Lee wouldn't get done is if another team offers the Knicks a sign-and-trade scenario for a player the Knicks like at least as much as Lee and still allows for future financial flexibility.

No sign-and-trades have materialized at this point, and Walsh doesn't expect any. There is also a good chance that guard Nate Robinson will return to the Knicks on a one-year deal as well, Walsh said.

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor for 1050 ESPN New York.

By Andrew Marchand

Looks like the Knicks will get Rubio after all
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom