NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So I'm looking at the Thunder's 5-3 record without Durant this season, the wins were against: Memphis, Dallas, Washington, Philly, Sacramento
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The same teams they lost to with Durant.
laugh.gif
Hmm...maybe they should look to move Durant since they went 5-3 without him.

i wouldnt call brewer a bust, but hes just a bench/role player at most.
and bhz, remembe that philly vs magic game 7 where dwight got suspended?
since orlando won without dwight, does that mean they're better off without him? oh please.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So I'm looking at the Thunder's 5-3 record without Durant this season, the wins were against: Memphis, Dallas, Washington, Philly, Sacramento
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The same teams they lost to with Durant.
laugh.gif
Hmm...maybe they should look to move Durant since they went 5-3 without him.

Here you go. People taking things out of context. Yes, they should trade him.
eyes.gif

Just remember what I said about the Thunder and when the season ends, I don't want to hear any excuses about why they weren't as good as advertised.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

its the damn thunder man what do you expect!

I expect a 30-win season. Some people got them being the 8th seed in the playoffs.
laugh.gif
I see them improving, but not as much as some people have them on their list.

JPZ i dont hate the Twolves

its really between the kings and wolves who will have the worst record

Look at that Wolves roster last year and tell me they won't be better with Sessions, a healthy Al Jeff and Jonny Flynn.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Look at that Wolves roster last year and tell me they won't be better with Sessions, a healthy Al Jeff and Jonny Flynn.
They still SUCK. Period.

And they would have sucked with Rubio, without him, and they would have sucked even if they drafted another player from the long list of spares in this draftclass after the upper-tier was gone...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

So, RealGM is reporting that Sessions is close to signing an offer sheet with the Timberwolves.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Where do I sign up? I'd say that's pretty damn close to being on par with OKC, Sessions is damn good. Given time, that's a studly team.
Not even....

And I'm certain any sane coach wouldn't start Flynn or Sessions in the backcourt together when neither of them can shoot and are undersized. Flynn would likely come off the bench.
Sessions ~ Westbrook right now IMO.
Love ~ Green
Jefferson ~ Durant
Brewer and Flynn ~ Harden

they're not as good, but stacking them up against eachother based on potential, it's not terribly far fetched.
im sorry but
indifferent.gif

InsideHoops Khloe Kardashian, former girlfriend of Rashad McCants, is now with Lamar Odom.10 minutes ago from web

Candyman and Chyna
sick.gif
......No wonder Miami was an option he was thinkingabout
sick.gif

edit-Not really offseason news but I had to say something
sick.gif

Bobcats looking to shop a Center for a Forward.

Dallas/Golden State involved.

We know damn well if we're talking about Dallas, it ain't for Diop, so it must be Nazr.

I pray that Cubes does it just to free up some damn roster space.

Three way to get Nazr/Jackson, possibly?

[h2]Source: Wade MoreLikely To Leave Than LeBron[/h2]
Wade_Dwyane_mia_090210.jpg

Sep 05, 2009 8:15 PM EST

mia_40.gif
An NBA front office source believes that Dwyane Wade is more likely to change addresses than LeBron James.

Both players are expected to hit the free agent market next summer.

"Maybe Dwyane [Wade] leaves, but I don't think anybody believes LeBron leaves Cleveland," the source told CBS Sports. "They'respending $100 million trying to win a title for the guy."

The same source believes that Amar'e Stoudemire will be more coveted on the market than Chris Bosh.

"If you're starting a team tomorrow, I'm not sure how many people pick Bosh over Amar'e. Other than that, there's nobody who's hisequal on the free-agent market and I think he knows that."

Via CBS Sports

Miami Heat, ClevelandCavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Knicks Will Again CallWolves About Rubio[/h2]
Sep 05, 2009 1:45 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
In a scenario similar to the one that played out immediately after the draft in June, Donnie Walsh is again interested in whether Ricky Rubiocould be made available by trade.

After Rubio's decision to remain overseas for at least two more years, David Kahn signed Ramon Sessions to an offer sheet on Friday.

"Rubio committed to Spain. Right away David signs Sessions. That might mean Rubio is in play. I'll find that out," Walsh said.

Walsh said Sessions' agent, Chubby Wells, demanded a contract amount that would have jeopardized the Knicks' 2010 plans.

"I thought it really was going to happen," Wells said about his client signing with the Knicks. "I really thought we had a deal. Then Donniefinds out the cap will be smaller than anticipated and he pumped the brakes on it and slowed down."

Via New York Post

New York Knicks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]May: It'sRidiculous That Felton Doesn't Have A Deal[/h2]
Sep 05, 2009 8:21 PM EST

cha_40.gif
Sean May can't believe that the Bobcats haven't given former teammate Raymond Felton a new contract yet.

"I don't know what the numbers are - why they're so far apart - but personally I think it's kind of ridiculous that going a month intotraining camp he doesn't have a deal done," May told the Charlotte Observer.

In addition to playing together with the Bobcats, Felton and May won a national title with North Carolina.

"You go down the list: He plays every day. He practices every day and a lot of NBA stars take days off. He doesn't get hurt, he's the bestteammate," May added.

"The guy gets it done, and the team has gotten progressively better. You have to reward him for that."

Felton isn't nearly as outspoken about the ordeal.

"It hasn't happened yet, but it's going to happen - that's all I can say," Felton said. "I think we're going to worksomething out."

If the point guard doesn't sign a long-term deal, he'll likely play next season on a one-year qualifying offer of $5.5 million, then become anunrestricted free agent in 2010.

Via Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Bobcats

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Swift Will Work Out ForBlazers[/h2]
Sep 05, 2009 8:04 PM EST

por_40.gif
Stromile Swift will work out for the Trail Blazers this month.

Veteran forward Juwan Howard will join Swift at the audition.

Both are expected to battle against Portland's current players over the next three weeks.

Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard told the Oregonian that he expects to sign one, or two, players before training camp starts at the end of themonth.

Via Oregonian

Portland Trail Blazers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]LeBron ReiteratesUncertainty About 2010[/h2]
Sep 05, 2009 7:59 PM EST

cle_40.gif
LeBron James said Saturday that he is still uncertain about what 2010 will hold for him.

James is in England as part of a promotional tour.

"I haven't decided," James said.

The Cavaliers acquired Hall of Fame center Shaquille O'Neal in June, a move that excited LeBron.

"I think it's going to be great," he said of the playing alongside O'Neal. "It's an opportunity to play with a Hall of Famer. Hedemands respect."

Via ESPN

Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Walsh: Cap Projection Tied MyHands[/h2]
Sep 05, 2009 1:22 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
When the league projected that the salary cap would decline substantially next summer, Donnie Walsh's flexibility this summerdisappeared.

"That changed everything," Walsh said. "It made it very difficult to project a scenario where you could fit in signing long-term contractsthis year and yet have enough room to do what you want next year. Up to then, I wasn't set against it all the way."

The Knicks are likely to have made few roster changes once the off-season comes to an end. But Walsh's overriding priority was to preserve theteam's cap room for the summer of 2010.

"I think," he said, "that I will feel like I didn't screw it up for next year."

Via New York Times

New York Knicks

[h2]Iverson Needs More Time ToDecide[/h2]
Sep 05, 2009 10:37 AM EST

mem_40.gif
Allen Iverson still hasn't made a decision on whether to accept a one-year offer from the Grizzlies.

Memphis expects Iverson to give them an answer by the end of the weekend, but there were reports that he would accept or decline by Friday.

The Grizzlies offered Iverson a deal worth at least $3.5 million, but the contract could be worth as much as $4.4 million if the team renounces their rightsto Juan Carlos Navarro.

Via Memphis Commercial Appeal

So will Iverson like coming off the bench?

Unless he starts alongside Mayo.

Who's their PF?
nerd.gif

Oh right,
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom