NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So, RealGM is reporting that Sessions is close to signing an offer sheet with the Timberwolves.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Flynn
Sesssions
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Where do I sign up? I'd say that's pretty damn close to being on par with OKC, Sessions is damn good. Given time, that's a studly team.
Not even....

And I'm certain any sane coach wouldn't start Flynn or Sessions in the backcourt together when neither of them can shoot and are undersized. Flynn would likely come off the bench.
Sessions ~ Westbrook right now IMO.
Love ~ Green
Jefferson ~ Durant
Brewer and Flynn ~ Harden

they're not as good, but stacking them up against eachother based on potential, it's not terribly far fetched.

yo is BHZ posting under JA name?

the only thing right on that list is love/green both will be that great 3rd player on teams

RW is already better then sessions

KD is a god damn superstar and Jefferson is not

and Brewer is a god damn bust

Brewer definitely isn't a bust. Just because he doesn't avg 15 ppg doesn't mean he's terrible. He's still a very good defender, and hisoffensive skillset will continue to improve.

Love is going to be a stud for a long time. I wouldn't underrated what he's capable of. I'll settle against kd/jefferson but he's still thefoundation of that team as is kd.

Westbrook is going to be a stud for years too but he's a bit too inconsistent with the rock. Give me Sessions over Westbrook when you have the frontcourtthat minny has.

But... Does the potential stack up? I'd say so. They're both teams full of prospects who will all be all very good.

Depending on how well Harden makes the jump, I'd say min and okc end with similar records next year

no, really stop.
talent wise, they're def on the same level, with okc a bit up on top, but no way they're goign to have the same record.
love+al jeff dont even play well together. some people were even calling love a bust. love only broke out last year when jefferson was injured. if they canprove me wrong, then ill rethink your statement.

Give them time to gel. Al Jeff was injured all of last season so I give them benefit of the doubt. By the as weekend we will see
wink.gif

When will people realize that OKC isn't going to be that good next year? The damn team was better WITHOUT Durant last season when he suppposedly broke out.This isn't about the OKC being better than the Grizz. The Twolves frontcourt would eat OKC alive. The Twolves would be in good shape if their main guysstay healthy. They probably would've ended up winning 3-4 more games if Jefferson didn't go down last season. You can't excuse not having goodfrontcourt players in the Western Conference. Durant can only do so much for that team. Green is going to do what he usually does and nothing more.

The team went 5-3 in the games Durant didn't play in. Even on ESPN, they had the Thunder making a 9-game improvement solely on drafting James Harden whohas yet to play an NBA game. The thunder did nothing to address their total lack of size down low and will countinually get beat up in the froncourt. Somethingeven their athletisim won't be able to compensate for most nights.

OKC has great young talent with no significant frontcourt help. Until they get frontcourt help and unless Durant show he can lead the team on his own by makingthem win a significant amount of games, they will be a bottom feeder in the West. So, its not OKC doesn't have talent. They still have needs to fill toeven be considered close to a playoff team. If they can get close to the playoffs without those needs, I'll be very impressed and surprised.

bhzmafia14 wrote:
When will people realize that OKC isn't going to be that good next year? The damn team was better WITHOUT Durant last season when he suppposedly broke out. This isn't about the OKC being better than the Grizz. The Twolves frontcourt would eat OKC alive. The Twolves would be in good shape if their main guys stay healthy. They probably would've ended up winning 3-4 more games if Jefferson didn't go down last season. You can't excuse not having good frontcourt players in the Western Conference. Durant can only do so much for that team. Green is going to do what he usually does and nothing more.

The team went 5-3 in the games Durant didn't play in. Even on ESPN, they had the Thunder making a 9-game improvement solely on drafting James Harden who has yet to play an NBA game. The thunder did nothing to address their total lack of size down low and will countinually get beat up in the froncourt. Something even their athletisim won't be able to compensate for most nights.

OKC has great young talent with no significant frontcourt help. Until they get frontcourt help and unless Durant show he can lead the team on his own by making them win a significant amount of games, they will be a bottom feeder in the West. So, its not OKC doesn't have talent. They still have needs to fill to even be considered close to a playoff team. If they can get close to the playoffs without those needs, I'll be very impressed and surprised.

OKC > Memphis, Minnesota, and Sacramento

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

The damn team was better WITHOUT Durant last season
Cue:

RKelly gif lookin at the camera
Kobe gif satyin w t f?
Gif of CP sayin w t f?
Gif of anybody sayin w t f
Ari Gold sayin g t f o
A whole bunch of gifs of someone slappin the @#$% out this man.......wait, I can do that.

What,

The

Hell,

Are

You,

On?

Good bye

bhz, whats with your hate on OKC.
yes, they need front court help, we all know that. you say minnys front court can easily demolish OKC's frontcourt, and i can say the same for OKC'sbackcourt.
durant is still young, you have to give him some time to develop into that leader. no one is a leader straight into the nba.
btw, you never responded to my pm
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I think it's clear that Bigmike just hates Minnesota
roll.gif
roll.gif

Maybe dudes girl left him for some guy in MN?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

And really....no one can call Brewer a bust yet. He played in only 15 games last year and then suffered the injury...give him one more full season to show whathe has before you call him a bust. He's always got his defense to fall back on anyway...

Do people still think Kahn is an idiot?

bhz has something against Durant in general...he's mad because Kevin is better than his entire state.

Look at what he said last summer about Kevin and Thaddeus Young

SMH @ Thad (the Memphis product) isn't getting any love on NBA.com, ESPN.com, etc. He didn't even make the All-Rookie 1st team, averaged double figures in a playoff series against the Pistons, has great upside, and he leads the SL in scoring with 24.5ppg. People just don't know that he might end up having the better career than anybody from the 07' draft. Durant will more than likely have the better career point wise, but Thad will be the better overall player.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

bhz has something against Durant in general...he's mad because Kevin is better than his entire state.

Look at what he said last summer about Kevin and Thaddeus Young

SMH @ Thad (the Memphis product) isn't getting any love on NBA.com, ESPN.com, etc. He didn't even make the All-Rookie 1st team, averaged double figures in a playoff series against the Pistons, has great upside, and he leads the SL in scoring with 24.5ppg. People just don't know that he might end up having the better career than anybody from the 07' draft. Durant will more than likely have the better career point wise, but Thad will be the better overall player.

Just look at the record of the team without Durant. People are so quick to put the blame on a player due to the affect he has on a team, but its obvious theydidn't miss him that much going 5-3 without him in the lineup.

I don't have nothing against Durant and give him credit, but he hasn't done anything yet for him to be called some great player. Until the team wins,he will only be as gooda s his team. And what's wrong with I said up top? Maybe Thad won't be the better OVERALL player, moreso a very underratedplayer who probably won't get much recognition due to him being 3rd behind Iggy and Brand.

I can't wait to see what people going to say when OKC is going to have one of the worse records in the West and they damn sure aren't going to bebetter than Memphis.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I think it's clear that Bigmike just hates Minnesota
roll.gif
roll.gif

Maybe dudes girl left him for some guy in MN?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

And really....no one can call Brewer a bust yet. He played in only 15 games last year and then suffered the injury...give him one more full season to show what he has before you call him a bust. He's always got his defense to fall back on anyway...

Do people still think Kahn is an idiot?
I just don't get some of the moves he's made. Trading Telfair and Smith for Q, only to trade Q for Mark Blount
sick.gif
? Signing Sessions with Flynn on board
eyes.gif
? And I'm not even going to start on the Rubio situation
laugh.gif

So I'm looking at the Thunder's 5-3 record without Durant this season, the wins were against: Memphis, Dallas, Washington, Philly, Sacramento
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Well, Bigmike is right....they will be the worst team in the league next year.

They will be very hard pressed to get 20 wins...

....and yes, Brewer is a bust...he sucks. He wont get much better because the things he needs to improve on arent done in a gym...the dude has the body type ofa walking stick. You do know the Wolves have been trying to trade him for 2 years and nobody would even touch him or look his way, right?

And yes, Kahn is an idiot. They still dont have a shooting guard or a small forward (other than Gomes). All these moves this guy is making and he isnt puttinganything back in the pot.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So I'm looking at the Thunder's 5-3 record without Durant this season, the wins were against: Memphis, Dallas, Washington, Philly, Sacramento
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The same teams they lost to with Durant.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bballah3
Thankfully your brother is the one that made it because he's the Love that doesn't have any blind hatred
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Back
Top Bottom