NBA's Overt Technical Fouls. Will it hurt the Game?

imagine reading up on NBA players getting on off-court fights/altercations with randoms due to all that bottled up aggression 
tired.gif
laugh.gif
that DWill tech was ridiculous..
30t6p3b.gif

hopefully they tone this down during the course of the season. 

imagine reading up on NBA players getting on off-court fights/altercations with randoms due to all that bottled up aggression 
tired.gif
laugh.gif
that DWill tech was ridiculous..
30t6p3b.gif

hopefully they tone this down during the course of the season. 

agree/disagree. so your saying most of T's are justified this year already. it's taking away from the game. 
No, the only thing I'm saying is that the idea behind the crackdown on complaining is justified. Of course every single T this year probably wasn't "deserved" but it is what it is, zero tolerance. I don't think that's hard to figure out, but it's better to take a stiffer stance in the beginning and soften up later. 

agree/disagree. so your saying most of T's are justified this year already. it's taking away from the game. 
No, the only thing I'm saying is that the idea behind the crackdown on complaining is justified. Of course every single T this year probably wasn't "deserved" but it is what it is, zero tolerance. I don't think that's hard to figure out, but it's better to take a stiffer stance in the beginning and soften up later. 

jason williams got suspended 1 game for contact with the officals.....i understand that but now he gets suspended ,has to pay for the 2 tech & loses a game check along with whatever fine van gundy may give out

jason williams got suspended 1 game for contact with the officals.....i understand that but now he gets suspended ,has to pay for the 2 tech & loses a game check along with whatever fine van gundy may give out

This is the kinda crap you get when the head guy (Stern, yall call em) is Councilof ForeignRelations...dude has ulterior motives and works for other interests.
30t6p3b.gif

#Knowaboutit!

This is the kinda crap you get when the head guy (Stern, yall call em) is Councilof ForeignRelations...dude has ulterior motives and works for other interests.
30t6p3b.gif

#Knowaboutit!

So under these new rules, would Joey Crawford be justified for ejecting a laughing player?

I think the main problem with Stern coming down on players is that there has been overwhelming evidence of the incompetence of NBA refs, yet NOTHING was done publicly to address the issue other than to give more power to the incompetent. It's a fine line that needs to dusted off and remarked. The line separates the integrity of the NBA product from the integrity of fair sport. Many times the referees are simply wrong and sometimes it appears that they even had agendas.

I think a blanket statement like "The NBA to investigate favoritism amongst referees while players are ordered to keep complaints off the court and out of the media" would do wonders for the NBA product. As is, the new rules still aren't addressing a major part of the problem.

So under these new rules, would Joey Crawford be justified for ejecting a laughing player?

I think the main problem with Stern coming down on players is that there has been overwhelming evidence of the incompetence of NBA refs, yet NOTHING was done publicly to address the issue other than to give more power to the incompetent. It's a fine line that needs to dusted off and remarked. The line separates the integrity of the NBA product from the integrity of fair sport. Many times the referees are simply wrong and sometimes it appears that they even had agendas.

I think a blanket statement like "The NBA to investigate favoritism amongst referees while players are ordered to keep complaints off the court and out of the media" would do wonders for the NBA product. As is, the new rules still aren't addressing a major part of the problem.

mogzz04 wrote:
LOL @ Barnes getting a tech today for trying to hand over the ball to Crawfor
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, when I saw that shatt the first thing I thought of was the WWF
30t6p3b.gif

The league is getting softer, cornier and less competitive each year 

mogzz04 wrote:
LOL @ Barnes getting a tech today for trying to hand over the ball to Crawfor
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, when I saw that shatt the first thing I thought of was the WWF