NBA's Overt Technical Fouls. Will it hurt the Game?

Jason Williams got two techs in about 15 seconds at the end of the Wiz/Magic game.
laugh.gif
 Only thing is he touched the ref too, so it was justified.

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Jason Williams got two techs in about 15 seconds at the end of the Wiz/Magic game.
laugh.gif

Absolutely! But actually if you watch the clip, you'll see he got the second T before he actually touched the ref. That was just dumb on his part for real
30t6p3b.gif
. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fined for that too

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

laugh.gif

Absolutely! But actually if you watch the clip, you'll see he got the second T before he actually touched the ref. That was just dumb on his part for real
30t6p3b.gif
. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets fined for that too

This rule is absolute bs. Takes so much away from the game of basketball, and the fact they are not calling it consistently is making the NBA a joke. In the J.Oneal vid, he LOOKED at the ref to see what the call was. How is that justify a tech? Cmon, idk why anyone would agree with this ridiculous change. I mean some technicals can be justified, but LOOKING? Give me a break, the NBA is ruled by a moron named the Fuhrer David Stern

This rule is absolute bs. Takes so much away from the game of basketball, and the fact they are not calling it consistently is making the NBA a joke. In the J.Oneal vid, he LOOKED at the ref to see what the call was. How is that justify a tech? Cmon, idk why anyone would agree with this ridiculous change. I mean some technicals can be justified, but LOOKING? Give me a break, the NBA is ruled by a moron named the Fuhrer David Stern

I believe this will take a lot away from the game. It's almost as if emotion has been banned...

I believe this will take a lot away from the game. It's almost as if emotion has been banned...

I promise you, someone will exploded as a result of this rule. I predict a ball being kicked into the crowd, a few obscenities yelled, and a few middle fingers waived. Kyle Turley style.

I promise you, someone will exploded as a result of this rule. I predict a ball being kicked into the crowd, a few obscenities yelled, and a few middle fingers waived. Kyle Turley style.

I'll admit it...as a fan of the NBA I am sick of seeing so much whining and complaining after every single call. I think that it has gotten a bit excessive and it's time to clean it up and just play ball.

Although it does suck now, I think that it's kinda necessary. In the long run it will help the overall enjoyment and quality of the game...I'm in favor of it.

I'll admit it...as a fan of the NBA I am sick of seeing so much whining and complaining after every single call. I think that it has gotten a bit excessive and it's time to clean it up and just play ball.

Although it does suck now, I think that it's kinda necessary. In the long run it will help the overall enjoyment and quality of the game...I'm in favor of it.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

agree/disagree. so your saying most of T's are justified this year already. it's taking away from the game. 

Originally Posted by grittyman20

agree/disagree. so your saying most of T's are justified this year already. it's taking away from the game. 

HAM CITY:
this dude ska is always in support of the man.
laugh.gif

I mean, not really. I passionately hate cops, hate our injustice system, and hate the mockery called 'US Government.'

But I support having rules to maintain order.

HAM CITY:
this dude ska is always in support of the man.
laugh.gif

I mean, not really. I passionately hate cops, hate our injustice system, and hate the mockery called 'US Government.'

But I support having rules to maintain order.

Refs should only call techs for excessive whining. I saw Al Jefferson throw his hands in the air and i think he said, "thank god i finally got a call" and the referre was telling him not to do that when he was at the free throw line. I mean it almost seems like the higher-ups are trying to control the league.

Refs should only be throwing out techs when someone like kobe cries out for the 5th time about not getting a foul call, or lebron with his cry face. Don't just throw one out right away though, that's wack.

we got to do something about it though, this is ridiculous. I was mad last night when watching the jazz-suns games, and i was gonna come make a thread about it. It really is ridiculous.

Refs should only call techs for excessive whining. I saw Al Jefferson throw his hands in the air and i think he said, "thank god i finally got a call" and the referre was telling him not to do that when he was at the free throw line. I mean it almost seems like the higher-ups are trying to control the league.

Refs should only be throwing out techs when someone like kobe cries out for the 5th time about not getting a foul call, or lebron with his cry face. Don't just throw one out right away though, that's wack.

we got to do something about it though, this is ridiculous. I was mad last night when watching the jazz-suns games, and i was gonna come make a thread about it. It really is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom