NBA's Overt Technical Fouls. Will it hurt the Game?

in that clipper blazer game they were handing out techs like crazy. I don't have a problem with showing emotion, that seems kinda ridiculous. Considering how competitive these dudes are, how can you expect them not to react sometimes

I'd just like to go on record as having said that the application of this new attempt is a huge fail.

The attempt is to cut down ad eventually eliminate all the whining and carrying on about officiating, and I am COMPLETELY on board with that, as I've already stated.

However, I thought that the inconsistencies I saw in the preseason would be ironed out by the time the regular season rolled around. So far, I've seen the Heat/Celtics, Lakers/Rockets, Clippers/Blazers, Bulls/Thunder, and Cavs/Celtics. It's obvious the refs are trigger happy with non-elite players and gunshy with the elite.

That irks me.

I'd just like to go on record as having said that the application of this new attempt is a huge fail.

The attempt is to cut down ad eventually eliminate all the whining and carrying on about officiating, and I am COMPLETELY on board with that, as I've already stated.

However, I thought that the inconsistencies I saw in the preseason would be ironed out by the time the regular season rolled around. So far, I've seen the Heat/Celtics, Lakers/Rockets, Clippers/Blazers, Bulls/Thunder, and Cavs/Celtics. It's obvious the refs are trigger happy with non-elite players and gunshy with the elite.

That irks me.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

It will hurt the game. It takes away the emotion from the game.

basically ...

just curious but what are the fine amounts for techs, flagrants and ejections?

Don't know about the other two but the commentators mentioned that it's going to cost Eric Gordon $2k for that one tech foul. I don't care how much these athletes make, it's ridiculous 
indifferent.gif

Then again, I guess that's nothing compared to when people make unapproved comments to the media. Didn't the Cavs owner get fined like $100k for saying he though LeBron quit in the playoffs?

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

It will hurt the game. It takes away the emotion from the game.

basically ...

just curious but what are the fine amounts for techs, flagrants and ejections?

Don't know about the other two but the commentators mentioned that it's going to cost Eric Gordon $2k for that one tech foul. I don't care how much these athletes make, it's ridiculous 
indifferent.gif

Then again, I guess that's nothing compared to when people make unapproved comments to the media. Didn't the Cavs owner get fined like $100k for saying he though LeBron quit in the playoffs?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That irks me.

yeah i didnt see asingle laker get one .........just saying

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That irks me.

yeah i didnt see asingle laker get one .........just saying

I just hope it cuts down on Kobe and Lebron crying all the way down the court after they feel they've been fouled. It gets hard watching Kobe play with the way he throws his arms around running down the court screaming that he got fouled.

I just hope it cuts down on Kobe and Lebron crying all the way down the court after they feel they've been fouled. It gets hard watching Kobe play with the way he throws his arms around running down the court screaming that he got fouled.

BUMP.

-Will just got called for a technical after a dunk. 
indifferent.gif

EDIT - I was heated
laugh.gif

BUMP.

-Will just got called for a technical after a dunk. 
indifferent.gif

EDIT - I was heated
laugh.gif

it was a delay of game. straight up terrible call man. i think they wanted to tech him but he had one already

pathetic

it was a delay of game. straight up terrible call man. i think they wanted to tech him but he had one already

pathetic

i heard the refs scolding jefferson adn bell like a disgruntled math teacher enforcing a strict uniform policy
laugh.gif

Jefferson got a foul called in his favor and looked/ pointed up to the sky and it sounded like the ref said, 'Don't point up'
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

i heard the refs scolding jefferson adn bell like a disgruntled math teacher enforcing a strict uniform policy
laugh.gif

Jefferson got a foul called in his favor and looked/ pointed up to the sky and it sounded like the ref said, 'Don't point up'
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

pathetic

That was a delay of game though. Reggie Miller just don't know what's going on in the game when he was overreacting. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

pathetic

That was a delay of game though. Reggie Miller just don't know what's going on in the game when he was overreacting. 

Jason Williams got two techs in about 15 seconds at the end of the Wiz/Magic game.
laugh.gif
 Only thing is he touched the ref too, so it was justified.

Back
Top Bottom