NBA's Top 25 under 25 discussion

so one game and u bring this back up thinking it will shut people up?

come on allen u better then that

Originally Posted by CP1708

Don't be mad at me that Joel Pryz is better then the almighty savior. Not my fault.

If they could just figure out a way to play the Warriors every game for Andris Beidris to be traded to every team ya'll play, GO would be a monster.
pimp.gif

I was tempted to when he went for 25 last night..so tonight made me do it.
laugh.gif

it's that outrageous.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Don't be mad at me that Joel Pryz is better then the almighty savior. Not my fault.

If they could just figure out a way for Andris Beidris to be traded to every team ya'll play, GO would be a monster.
pimp.gif

So CP, you've been hatin on Andris a lot lately bro
laugh.gif
. I mean, I know the Warriors in general dont play incredible defense, but why the hate on Beans?Over the past 14 games, the starting center opposing Andris is averaging 15.2 points and 8.2 rebounds a game. I mean...I guess those are good numbers. Iwouldnt say thats exceptional. Plus those averages include David Lee's 37 and 21 and Yao's 33 and 14 games which heavily inflate them. Take those twogames out, and Andris has been playing damn good defense recently.

Gotta come to my man Beans' defense here. Dont let the fact that his team is horrible overshadow how good he is.

Damn, dudes really gassing up Jeff Green. He's nice and all, and I think he should be on that list, definitely above sessions and hawes, but yall actinglike he the next big thing. One of the best defenders in the league?
laugh.gif
Better than Thornton? That Georgetown bias....

About the list, I think 7-9 are messed up, Melo should be higher, Spencer Hawes is not the 25th best player under 25

Nobody is saying he's the next big thing.

Al Thornton...

he's 25 years old in his 2nd year
laugh.gif

and I've yet to hear anyone say he can do anything but score.

If he can do something else, let me know.

I also was told I had a Georgetown bias when I said he'd go Top 5 two years ago...oh, well..

I like Al Thornton, but he is too erratic.

Jeff Green is real nice though...allen, how do you see him and Durant working in the long term since they both are natural SFs? Granted they are very versatileplayers that can shift between 2-3 positions, I'm not sure it works out in the long term
ohwell.gif

if this list was just based on basketball ability, it'd be different

obviously it's based on production this season

either way, no one can justify having al jeff ahead of melo

brandon roy too, and deron is debatable

that list is ehh outside of the top 10

Yea I thought he went pretty high at 5. I like the dude and all, he's a nice player, but I think people in this thread have been hyping him up too much.Should he be on the list? Yea. Can he be a legit #2 on a contending team? ehh i think its a stretch

I think this years draft dictates what happens with Jeff.

his time could be up there (if they were to get Griffin)

I don't think anyone hyped him...

if he should be on the list..then he's better than a few guys, right?

somehow Al Jeff has been forgiven for not playing any type of defense...

Whoever made these rankings probably values a big man that can score down low and rebound (Jefferson) over a perimeter player that can score and rebound(Melo)...And let's face it, neither Jefferson or Melo are good defensive players, so it's a wash
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Jeff is twice the basketball player Millsap is. Only thing he does better is rebound. That's it.

The Georgetown Bias never fails. Jeff averages like 15 points a game on 43% shooting, on a team where he is the second option. Yea, he is a good defender but Millsap is putting up 13 and 8, at a clip of over 50% from the field. Jeff will prob. be better down the line, but right now Millsap is better.
I can't believe how many people actually think Green deserves to be over Millsap. Last time I checked, Millsap doesn't need the ball to beaffective. The guy can get a double-double on any given night and doesn't even have plays called for him most of the time because he always finds a way toget to the ball and take advantage of his opportunities. Green should be on the list, just not taking Millsap spot.

Soooo....

How good of a player is David Lee?

Sometimes there is a reason certain players have to scrap for theirs..

It's hard comparing a versatile SF to an "old school" PF who knows his role and that is to stay in the paint.

If asked to pick one of the two, I'd easily take Millsap because PF's are harder to come by. And what Millsap has done in Boozer's absence has beenimpressive.

Soooo....

How good of a player is David Lee?

Sometimes there is a reason certain players have to scrap for theirs..
I don't get that logic. So what if he has to scrap to get numbers? Not everyone is blessed with world class athletic ability. As long as heproduces, and helps his team, does it matter if his game isn't as pretty as someone else? If anything, that makes David Lee's numbers that much moreimpressive.

I don't get that logic. So what if he has to scrap to get numbers? Not everyone is blessed with world class athletic ability. As long as he produces, and helps his team, does it matter if his game isn't as pretty as someone else? If anything, that makes David Lee's numbers that much more impressive.
That they're limited in their roles and don't have the ability to expand their game to a larger role.

I mean, nobody disputed the only thing Millsap does better is rebound, so I just don't get how Jeff isn't a better basketball player. I just don'tsee it.

A versatile player is gona fit on more teams, more systems, offers different things on the court. If you need to post, dribble drive, spot up, etc...he justbrings more to a team.

Paul Millsap has a role and fills it VERY well. But he's not a player that can be thrown in different situations and asked to do multiple things.

If they switched locations from OKC to Utah...would everyone still think the same? I dunno.

and
David Lee > Paul Millsap...right?

well, I think Jeff's better than Lee, too. So that cancels out my 'bias'

Well before we continue this discussion, we have to agree that no one is saying Millsap is a better all-around player than Green. At least I'm not. Greenbrings more to the table than Millsap. But I think players like Green come around more often which makes Millsap more valuable. There just aren't many bigbodies who produce at the pace Millsap does. And again, if given the choice of who I'd rather have on my team, I'd take Millsap in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom