NBA's Top 25 under 25 discussion

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

David lee too!!

laugh.gif

Green > James

id take millsap on my team anyday.

for all of green's skill, it has never equated to spectacular production.

the Top 5 is on point.

the top ten is close except for maybe melo over jefferson bur it's debateable. jefferson's offensive repertoire is still growing.

drose is going to be the best point in the nba sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by CP1708

Don't be mad at me that Joel Pryz is better then the almighty savior. Not my fault.

If they could just figure out a way for Andris Beidris to be traded to every team ya'll play, GO would be a monster.
pimp.gif

So CP, you've been hatin on Andris a lot lately bro
laugh.gif
. I mean, I know the Warriors in general dont play incredible defense, but why the hate on Beans? Over the past 14 games, the starting center opposing Andris is averaging 15.2 points and 8.2 rebounds a game. I mean...I guess those are good numbers. I wouldnt say thats exceptional. Plus those averages include David Lee's 37 and 21 and Yao's 33 and 14 games which heavily inflate them. Take those two games out, and Andris has been playing damn good defense recently.

Gotta come to my man Beans' defense here. Dont let the fact that his team is horrible overshadow how good he is.
not to mention, Beans is the ONLY one defending the paint for the Warriors. Turiaf and Wright hardly play even if they're healthy anyway(thanks to Don Nelson), and besides, Beans is our ONLY low post presence on defense and when some teams have muiltiple low post threats, Beans is pretty muchhelpless. See: last Friday's Rockets game where Landry, Scola, Yao had their way with us inside because Beans was the only one defending the rim for us, asTuriaf/Wright were out from the flu.
It's basically 4 perimeter players+Beans inside.
grin.gif

Melo behind Jefferson is crazy...that list is pretty good, but Melo under Jefferson is truly questionable.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

for all of green's skill, it has never equated to spectacular production.
He's not even half way through his second year...what spectacular production are you expecting? 16 & 5 ain't enough from a 2nd yearguy?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I can't believe how many people actually think Green deserves to be over Millsap. Last time I checked, Millsap doesn't need the ball to be affective. The guy can get a double-double on any given night and doesn't even have plays called for him most of the time because he always finds a way to get to the ball and take advantage of his opportunities. Green should be on the list, just not taking Millsap spot.
Its only G'Town dudes that are actually saying that
laugh.gif

I dont see how this is even a discussion honestly

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I see what you're saying...but, I always want the more complete basketball player.
laugh.gif
So you would want Lamar Odom on your squad over a dude like Melo who really does nothing but score??? Yea Right

Since your going on "more complete" thats what your saying isnt it?

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I still haven't heard one person name ONE thing Milsap does better than Jeff...
roll.gif

Rebound.....And on that note if I were a GM I would put him on my team before Jeff.....

At this point...

Jeff-More POTENTIAL
Paul-Better NBA Player

Ehh...Jeff has played the post position all of 2 weeks now...so I'll leave that up for judgement...but that's all it takes for you to consider a playerto be better than the other? If he does ONE thing better? That's all you can name? All of the skills displayed in basketball...that's the ONLY thingyou can come up with? I mean is there even one thing Milsap does that outshadows any one of Jeff's abilities? For example, with your Melo/Odomcomparison...Melo's elite scoring outranks Odom's versatility. Is this one of those situations? Cause even statistically I don't any GLARINGadvantage he has on Jeff.

As far as the "if I were a GM" arguments...I never understood that helps understand how player a is better than player b.

I don't get it.

I see me and Allen giving ya'll specific reasons why he's better than Milsap...but once again...I still have yet to see a thorough explanation as towhy Milsap is better than Jeff...there has to be a reason for that right?

Melo is getting shafted like no other. He used to be on par with LBJ and Wade, and now this? I feel sorry for him
tired.gif

As far as Millsap vs. Green... I didn't know there were so many Jeff fans out there. I haven't seen a OKC game this yr, so i can't judge anything,but is Green really that good of a defender? Like one of the league's best?

Originally Posted by jay y kay

Melo is getting shafted like no other. He used to be on par with LBJ and Wade, and now this? I feel sorry for him
tired.gif

As far as Millsap vs. Green... I didn't know there were so many Jeff fans out there. I haven't seen a OKC game this yr, so i can't judge anything, but is Green really that good of a defender? Like one of the league's best?
allen has posted Green's ability to defend good players before...I know he got a Word document with all of Green's game logs
laugh.gif

but this is really what doesn't surprise me. We've seen him for 5 years now, Jeff does a lot of things that go unnoticed.

Melo/Odom isn't right cause as said Melo's an elite scorer.

If you have two fairly equal players tho...I want the one who can do more things.

Like I said, you can post with Jeff, he can spot up for 3's this year, go off the dribble, and pass and defend.

What can you do with Millsap? The Jazz are not Iso'ing him or running the team through him in the post. you ever wonder why?

* and lemme clarify ON BALL defender. Yes, he's becoming one of the best.

Like I said, if YOU or Allen can HONESTLY tell me that RIGHT NOW without your G'Town Bias that you would rather have Jeff instead of Paul then yall are flat out lying
As I said....cause of production David Lee is better than Paul Millsap right??

I think Jeff is better than Lee, too.

That cancels out my bias
laugh.gif

Jeff just went for 25 and 33 on back to back nights, he is producing. It's not all potential.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Ehh...Jeff has played the post position all of 2 weeks now...so I'll leave that up for judgement...but that's all it takes for you to consider a player to be better than the other? If he does ONE thing better? That's all you can name? All of the skills displayed in basketball...that's the ONLY thing you can come up with? I mean is there even one thing Milsap does that outshadows any one of Jeff's abilities? For example, with your Melo/Odom comparison...Melo's elite scoring outranks Odom's versatility. Is this one of those situations? Cause even statistically I don't any GLARING advantage he has on Jeff.

As far as the "if I were a GM" arguments...I never understood that helps understand how player a is better than player b.

I don't get it.

I see me and Allen giving ya'll specific reasons why he's better than Milsap...but once again...I still have yet to see a thorough explanation as to why Milsap is better than Jeff...there has to be a reason for that right?

There is no thorough explanation needed...

I already agreed with you that if you go skill for skill,Paul cant go head up with Jeff... But that means absoloutely NOTHING and you know that.

If you would draft a bunch of young players with POTENTIAL instead of players who PRODUCE then youll end up like OKC as the worst team

Like I said, if YOU or Allen can HONESTLY tell me that RIGHT NOW without your G'Town Bias that you would rather have Jeff instead of Paul then yall areflat out lying

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Allen said something positive about Melo!!!! OMG. Are you finally coming around?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

Like I said, if YOU or Allen can HONESTLY tell me that RIGHT NOW without your G'Town Bias that you would rather have Jeff instead of Paul then yall are flat out lying
I have a bit of disdain for JTIII and G-Town and I would take JG over Millsap right now.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

You already know.

That 33pt outburst he put on was $@@*+@@ disgusting.

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

And I don't think Melo is getting shafted...He's still a top 10-15 player in the L.

but this is really what doesn't surprise me. We've seen him for 5 years now, Jeff does a lot of things that go unnoticed.

If you have two fairly equal players tho...I want the one who can do more things.

Like I said, you can post with Jeff, he can spot up for 3's this year, go off the dribble, and pass and defend.

What can you do with Millsap? The Jazz are not Iso'ing him or running the team through him in the post. you ever wonder why?

As I said....cause of production David Lee is better than Paul Millsap right??

I think Jeff is better than Lee, too.

That cancels out my bias
laugh.gif

Jeff just went for 25 and 33 on back to back nights, he is producing. It's not all potential.

laugh.gif
You call 2 good games in a row from the no 5 pick in the draft producing... Ok
laugh.gif

Those are numbers he should be putting up at LEAST 1 outta every 10 games and he hasnt even done that in his career yet.

I just dont see the what yall see in the dude to think hes gonna become the big star yall think hes gonna be

There goes the G'Town bias kicking in again
laugh.gif

Becoming one of the BEST??? Really???
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

And I don't think Melo is getting shafted...He's still a top 10-15 player in the L.

eek.gif

Dre im about to exit the sports forum
laugh.gif

Melo top 10 SCORER in the league....Definitely

Melo top 10-15 player in the league??? No sir stop the lies
smh.gif

Becoming one of the BEST??? Really???
smh.gif

yes...cause I mean, who else is playing D in the league
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

as far as producing 16 and 5...that's not too bad. Everything included statistically, It's better than what Al Thornton is doing

I don't see Jeff as a star, not at all. My point all along is he's better than a handful on this list.

16 and 5 is what i see jeff been for his career which ant bad at all thats a good 3rd wheel behind KD and westbrook
nerd.gif

When they increase the diameter of the basketball hoop to 10 feet Westbrook will be in business.

(he's been better than what i thought so far tho
nerd.gif
)

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Dre im about to exit the sports forum
laugh.gif

Melo top 10 SCORER in the league....Definitely

Melo top 10-15 player in the league??? No sir stop the lies
smh.gif
Please list 15 players in the L better than Melo, Starting.......

now.

Bron
Kobe
Joe Johnson
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Dwight Howard
Baron Davis
Yao
A sane Ron Artest
Paul Pierce
Chris Bosh