NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.

With millions and millions of rape kits left untested - I think there's plenty of blame to go around way before this decision was made.

Police / Prosecutorial misconduct / malpractice and sexual assault injustice go hand in hand.

What happens when a sexual assault victim is betrayed by the legal system?

It should never have been this hard to put rapist behind bars.
That first sentence doesn’t take away from my statement in the least bit. BOTH can be true.

Also a larger societal issue about believing women, rooted in sexism, and a class issue where the rich and powerful men are able to behave with impunity.

I don't believe that's dudes genuine thought process for a second.

IMO that's just a bull**** excuse

IMO it's either you're one of many dudes on this site that has serious issues with women or one of those dopes who believes famous black people cant be awful humans.

Those choices expose your limitations - not ours.

People who are capable of deeper thinking / moving past emotion realize more possibilities exist and aren't afraid to explore them.

Our emotions serve a purpose - but there has to be logic and reason too if we are to be honest.

All this "either / or" business feels good emotionally but in reality its BS.

"Either you see things my way or your wrong."

The truth / facts aren't discovered that way.

Its called a false dichotomy for a reason.

Folks operating in binary code, nothing but 0s and 1s - proudly ignoring all the other numbers.

I don't believe that's dudes genuine thought process for a second.

IMO that's just a bull**** excuse

IMO it's either you're one of many dudes on this site that has serious issues with women or one of those dopes who believes famous black people cant be awful humans.

No doubt there are a whole lot of folks out there like this...dudes who never had any commentary on the justice system until yesterday

But I've seen P Present talk about these kinds of things long before that so I am willing to take him at his word

Not that I totally agree, but I believe he's being honest

He wasn’t railroaded.He got the same deal as Epstein. But as far as rich/wealthy men go…he Def was “railroaded” in that circle, because he had to sit down for a second. And that’s where the unfairness comes from. Bill had to sit. Them others dudes really didn’t .

Did you read what P Present posted? He was let out, because he should have never been charged for this crime in the first place. That's why the PA Supreme Court overturned it.

Last edited:
download.jpg
I mean...yes?

"siding with a rapist" is extreme. "Siding with a rapist being free" is an accurate description of the argument, not an "extreme" whatsoever.

Yes. I can see how this can be discouraging. I witness George Zimmerman walk and taunt me and you for years, but a I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge the change I've witness since that verdict. Sexual misconduct is being taken more seriously & more ppl are being held accountable for their actions..
It’s great that you brought up Zimmerman as a parallel because it points out something that I’m seeing a lot and I take issue. You’re centering yourself in terms of what you deem as sexual misconduct being taken more seriously and people behind held accountable for their actions. Shouldn’t we be focused on how victims of sexual assault feel (Presuming of course that you’re not a victim yourself)? Similarly, you don’t give a **** about how white people feel about the changes post Trayvon Martin’s murder. I definitely don’t. They’re not the affected group here.

That first sentence doesn’t take away from my statement in the least bit. BOTH can be true.

Also a larger societal issue about believing women, rooted in sexism, and a class issue where the rich and powerful men are able to behave with impunity.

Damn all that.

There is a system in place that was built on failure and continues to fail.

Waiting for "society" is some BS cop out.

Why when the failures are exposed do we turn to "society" instead of fixing the system?

I get that. That part is true. He never should’ve gotten the DEAL in the first place tho.

What are you talking about? He should have never been charged in the first place. Which is the problem.

I don't care about the deal. He shouldn't have spent one day in jail for that particular crime, and the DA knew.

Damn all that.

There is a system in place that was built on failure and continues to fail.

Waiting for "society" is some BS cop out.

Why when the failures are exposed do we turn to "society" instead of fixing the system?
Not sure what you’re even getting at. Society drives the changes that we see with “the system”. Society is full of rampant sexism, racism and classism, so the system reflects that. Where’s the cop out there?

I think it is getting lost that Cosby's first deal was kinda a sweetheart deal.

It is clear what the second DA was wrong, but so was what the first DA did

This situation could also be seen as a connected wealthy man was given a guarantee he wouldn't face the legal consequences for his actions by a well-connected DA, let his guard down, and even though the second DA wanted to do right by the victims, he couldn't, he legally had to adhere to the previous sweetheart deal.

Not sure what you’re even getting at. Society drives the changes that we see with “the system”. Society is full of rampant sexism, racism and classism, so the system reflects that. Where’s the cop out there?

The cop out is ignoring the failures of the Judicial System and diluting the argument down to nothingness.

The Judicial System serves as a check / balance to those who seek to violate the rights of others.

If we are supposed to check and balance ourselves (as a society) then what does that look like, who grants that authority, do we need a Judicial System, and why does it have so much power over our lives?

"Society drives the changes that we see with “the system”"

Please give me an example because as a Black Man in the United States of America...as it relates to the Judicial System' s alleged "changes":

static-assets-upload358929280479084146.jpg

Last edited:
The cop out is ignoring the failures of the Judicial System.

The Judicial Systems serves as a check / balance to those who seek to violate the rights of others.

If we are supposed to check and balance ourselves then why do we need a Judicial System and why does it have so much power over our lives?
Are you sure it's everyone else that's arguing from extremes and creating false dichotomies?

The initial prosecutor felt the case was weak and that is why the deal was made. It wasn’t a sweetheart deal. It was an attempt to try and get some form of justice for the alleged victims.

People should read the Supreme Court’s decision and then re-evaluate their opinions.

The initial prosecutor felt the case was weak and that is why the deal was made. It wasn’t a sweetheart deal. It was an attempt to try and get some form of justice for the alleged victims.

People should read the Supreme Court’s decision and then re-evaluate their opinions.
I have

And for the sake of this thread

I'm not taking the bait today Delk

What are you talking about? He should have never been charged in the first place. Which is the problem.

I don't care about the deal. He shouldn't have spent one day in jail for that particular crime, and the DA knew.

He got the deal because he was able to buy his way out of it. He admitted in the deposition what he did. Castor said he couldn’t bring charges. So they struck a deal. The prosecutor promised not to charge him. By doing that - Castor set the stage to ultimately protect Cosby from seeing any real jail time. And this would be reversed on appeal if so. Bill and them knew. That if anybody decided to bring charges, he’d be a free man in due time, implicitly because of this. It was essentially BAKED in. And Castor did some slick ****. Like this:

0C21C314-700C-4432-86F8-E2FBEEEB11BA.png

1EFC0685-73E1-4BE8-8693-5AB775AC20B2.png

A baked in, “get out of jail free card” with some trickery. And $$$$$$ is the reason why.

Last edited:

that's a matter of opinion. granting criminal immunity for a bull **** civil lawsuit is a sweetheart deal when you're talking about drugging and raping dozens of women.

that's a matter of opinion. granting criminal immunity for a bull **** civil lawsuit is a sweetheart deal when you're talking about drugging and raping dozens of women.

Did you read the excerpt from the Supreme Court’s decision?

The prosecutor felt he lacked the evidence to convince a jury that Cosby was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Back
Top Bottom