NC NTERS CHECK IN

Originally Posted by deefontaine

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Whats good NC? Just moved here from San Diego California. Just wondering whats good in the area. Im in waynesville/ashville area. Let me know. Thanks fam.

Yo im in the asheville area!!!

What up homie. Glad to know im not the only one lol. Thanks for the info. I saw some dude rockin' mushroom AF1s at some mall off of tunnel road today.Wasnt you was it? lol
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DEpast

Originally Posted by NCSUWolfPack92

From Lexington here.
Anyone work at Hanes Mall Footaction/Footlocker/FNL/Champs that could help with discounts in the future?

Friends and Family 30% off is this weekend homie.

oh yeah i know, just talking about future releases and such

Originally Posted by deefontaine

Whats good NC? Just moved here from San Diego California. Just wondering whats good in the area. Im in waynesville/ashville area. Let me know. Thanks fam.

Yo im in the asheville area!!!

What up homie. Glad to know im not the only one lol. Thanks for the info. I saw some dude rockin' mushroom AF1s at some mall off of tunnel road today. Wasnt you was it? lol
nerd.gif

Lol of course not! But no prob on the info..wish there was more of us in asheville though..a meet-up would be dope

Twice...first one was disorganized like hell(back in 04 or 05) and the 2nd one was like a sneaker summit a yr or 2 ago in raleigh...that one went decent fromwhat I heard

if one is put together and I actually do show face, i hope it for to involve us gettin up to do more than just to hit up malls & sneakerstores....that's for sure

Btw heard Wales performing at Duke University on the 28th

hey what's up NC NTers!

I'm tried of Great Clips.
smh.gif

Any good barber shops that you guys recommend in the Durham/Raleigh area?

I'm Asian btw.
nerd.gif

been there several times.. There are good places to eat, but not much in the way of anything besides relaxing

Sup fellas,

Haven't been on Niketalk in a while.
Things have gotten slightly hectic for me, as I've began to do grown-up things such as having a mortgage and a car payment lol.

In any case, I wanted to throw up some ideas about the 2nd Annual.
All summer, I've tried my darn hardest to obtain sponsorship for the event. Last year, I paid the upfront costs and re-couped most of it from admission. Imade no profit whatsoever. Since I want this next go around to be bigger and better, I want to have it in charlotte which will cost me a few more $$.

With this being said and because of the economic recession, it seems like pple do not have the $$ to sponsor.
I have come up with 2 ways to raise money, and I am hoping the NC community will support me on this.
Again, the key is with everyone's word of mouth and assistance, we can raise enough money to host a big event.
Most vendors are coming back from last year. Kooley High and Kaze have both asked several times to perform for free.

1. I want to set up a donation fund website. Pretty much, you donate in the increment of $5, $10, $15, or $20.
Not only do you support the event to happen, but here is what you get out of it
-We are thinking of having a 5 feet by 5 feet poster with everyone's names who have donated, contributed, or helped make the event possible at the Sneakersummit location. We will leave markers nearby so you can sign on it, draw on it, and take pictures with it. I think it's a great idea to raise money, andto also make sure those who donate get recognized.

2. The 2nd way we are wanting to raise money is to do a pre-sneaker summit kickoff. We want to host a clubbing event to raise money for the event.
Basically, it will be a club with performances by local artists and talented DJs. We will charge admission, and any money made will go towards the event'sstartup fund.
The jist will be that if you come in the club with some fresh kicks, you will receive a discount on your admission entry. This will also help gather thesneakerheads and also allow everyone to network and meet new people before the Big event in charlotte.
I have a location in mind, and if it works, it will be near Raleigh at a club.

This is what is currently on the blueprint right now. I know it is way overdue that we get another one poppin, but the economic recession has hit hard to manyof the vendors.
Eitherway, it is up to us as sneakerheads and people with sneaker culture influences to set a standard for how this culture is perceived.

Everyone's participation is imperative, and I hope everyone will be able to help donate or show support in some way or another.

If you have any suggestions or ideas to raise money....have hookups, etc etc etc ...do email me at [email protected]

Lets make this happen guys.

Thanks everyone.

Im still mad that the Jimmy Jazz in Gboro & Winston doesn't have their Nike Urban account anymore cause of DTLR

Wale & J. Cole @ Duke Univ performing 2day....don't know what time

I still need to find a place to get my hair cut. Anybody know a good place in the Triangle? At all? I'm Asian-American. Parents from Pakistan.

How bout this, where do you guys go to get your hair cut? Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom