NCAA Will Allow Trans Athletes: Lia Thomas Becomes 1st NCAA Transgender Champion

That's because it hasn't been allowed for the most part.

And their have been a couple of issues that have developed.

The reason why it's a non factor, is because men don't care about women sports. We aren't the ones who decide it's a non-factor. They're their sports.
No you’re turning this into a different argument. Show me the statistics for men joining women’s sports. Allowed or not I’ve only seen very small instances of this happening. What’s the projected amount of men joining women’s sports when it’s allowed? Is that amount enough to destroy women sports? Let’s take the “I think” out of this and make this mathematical.

Last edited:
Women have a hard enough time getting recognition and acceptance for their sports, so now biological men can move in to their sports and start taking over?

Non issue?
They would have to be on gender reassignment hormones to do so and at that point, at the very least very much less so men.

Yall out here looking worse than the people complaining about bathroom policies. Like a LeBron James level or any male athlete anywhere is really going to be itching to switch over to female sports under the guise it would be easier and he could become a star.

Ignoring that that isnt possible as thats not how it'd work, that scenario doesn't make sense on any level.

You'd rather be sub mediocre in males sports than the best in female sports. Look at 2 way contracts in the nba, guys making 500k to 1mil who cant crack the rotation and spend most of their time in G league. Candace Parker makes 115k a yr (signed a 5yr 575k contract)

Diana Tiarasi signed a supermax contract extension in the wnba at 225,000 a yr. An entire team is hard capped at 1.3 million. Sam Merrill, who was the last olayer drafted in the 2nd round this year, will make 900k this seasob and 1.5mil next season.

They would have to be on gender reassignment hormones to do so and at that point, at the very least very much less so men.

Yall out here looking worse than the people complaining about bathroom policies. Like a LeBron James level or any male athlete anywhere is really going to be itching to switch over to female sports under the guise it would be easier and he could become a star.

Ignoring that that isnt possible as thats not how it'd work, that scenario doesn't make sense on any level.

You'd rather be sub mediocre in males sports than the best in female sports. Look at 2 way contracts in the nba, guys making 500k to 1mil who cant crack the rotation and spend most of their time in G league. Candace Parker makes 115k a yr (signed a 5yr 575k contract)

Diana Tiarasi signed a supermax contract extension in the wnba at 225,000 a yr. An entire team is hard capped at 1.3 million. Sam Merrill, who was the last olayer drafted in the 2nd round this year, will make 900k this seasob and 1.5mil next season.

less so men?

It's not our role as men to tell women what they should or shouldn't care about. And all that mess you typed makes no sense.

Men on estrogen and testosterone suppression treatments. They arent goibg to just walk off the men's field and then go register for womens sports to game the system.

Even if it was that simple, nobody would

Is there any precedent? Or precedent of someone even attempting or desiring to do so (be a man and go play with the women?)

Was going to bring up the bathroom thing. Kept hearing that it would only lead to an epidemic of men walking into whatever bathroom they want......... what happened? Oh, nothing

" Transgender woman CeCe Telfer, who was born and raised as Craig Telfer and competed on the Franklin Pierce University men’s track and field team during her first three years of college, won the women’s 400-meter hurdles national title at the 2019 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Championships. Telfer dominated the competition, winning in 57.53 as second place was way back in 59.21.

Prior to joining the women’s team this season, Telfer was a mediocre DII athlete who never came close to making it to nationals in the men’s category. In 2016 and 2017, Telfer ranked 200th and 390th, respectively, among DII men in the 400 hurdles (Telfer didn’t run outdoor track in 2018 as either a man or woman)."

They keep making it about testosterone, but lower levels don't take away the larger lung compacity, bone strength or muscles of someone who is genetically male. The ACLU says they would have no problem with a completely transwomen's team. How is that fair to women?

Fam, what are you envisioning? Is there gonna be a team with a trans starting five on some Monstars steez? Seriously—where are all these examples of trans athletes dominating their respective sport? Hell, where are all the examples of trans athletes at the college level period??

Trans folks make up such a small number of the population, let alone college athletes. Pretty much a non-issue, IMO. Mogs just need to say they don’t rock with transgender people and be done with it.

Just because theres not alot of trans athletes at this current moment (which idk if thats even true, whats alot?) doesn't mean there couldn't be more in the future. Especially since theres no where for them to really compete currently. Perhaps if they open it up, more will participate.

So you don't see anything wrong with a MTF wrestling female born athletes? Is that fair to the women? What about tennis, weightlifting or any other 1 on 1 sport where physical dominance can give you an advantage?

Men on estrogen and testosterone suppression treatments. They arent goibg to just walk off the men's field and then go register for womens sports to game the system.

Even if it was that simple, nobody would

Seems like you are assuming top ranking men would join womens sports simply to game the system, of course that really doesnt make much sense. Gender dysphoria is real and I would assume that would take precedent over any athletic aspirations. Why is it so far fetched to think a lebron james type person could have gender dysphoria?

Last edited:
This ain't really open sport, this is called co-ed, and it exist widely, at amateur level, because that's where it fits as a niche as a form of competition. :lol:

The NBA and NFL are open leagues. There is no stipulation that says a woman can't be signed to a contract. I'm pretty sure the NBA has literally had woman drafted in the past.

Women have played D1 NCAAFB even though I do think the NCAA has some kind of rule about women playing in men comp, when women comp is available as an alternative.

It's all moot though.
I played w/ girls when I was one the rec, one of my coaches was a woman. I don't see a problem, a woman can definitely be better than I guy in basketball. Smaller dudes play smarter to get around bigger dudes all the time. NCAA needs to pay its players.

Certain sports like track & field should remain be gender exclusive though.

This ain't really open sport, this is called co-ed, and it exist widely, at amateur level, because that's where it fits as a niche as a form of competition. :lol:

The NBA and NFL are open leagues. There is no stipulation that says a woman can't be signed to a contract. I'm pretty sure the NBA has literally had woman drafted in the past.

Women have played D1 NCAAFB even though I do think the NCAA has some kind of rule about women playing in men comp, when women comp is available as an alternative.

It's all moot though.

I don't think he was presenting his example as "OPen Sport." Just a fun co-ed activity in the Summer.

It wouldn't be taken seriously though.

Sure, A woman can be better than A man.

But if we are talking about college level athletes, you will rarely see a woman that can compete vs. men.

Be realistic man.
I think they could if the continued to play w/ males throughout their adolescent. You adapt. I feel the way about baseball & soccer. It may be a little hard, but that's professional sports. Only the best make it. Maybe even the gay wrestling since its weight based grappling. I'm not advocating for intergender, mma, football, rugby, or stuff like that. I'm not against it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I think they could if the continued to play w/ males throughout their adolescent. You adapt.

I respect your idealism but again, once the biological differences kick in damn near ALL women will be unable to compete with high level male basketball players.

Again, please be realistic.

I respect your idealism but again, once the biological differences kick in damn near ALL women will be unable to compete with high level male basketball players.

Again, please be realistic.
I'm not advocsting they play the post (,i ain't editing that), but i think they can play guard.

I played w/ girls when I was one the rec, one of my coaches was a woman. I don't see a problem, a woman can definitely be better than I guy in basketball. Smaller dudes play smarter to get around bigger dudes all the time. NCAA needs to pay its players.

Certain sports like track & field should remain be gender exclusive though.

I think they could if the continued to play w/ males throughout their adolescent. You adapt. I feel the way about baseball & soccer. It may be a little hard, but that's professional sports. Only the best make it. Maybe even the gay wrestling since its weight based grappling. I'm not advocating for intergender, mma, football, rugby, or stuff like that. I'm not against it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not trying to come off self-assertive but I actually do have a lot of experience on this specific topic.

I played at the college level, I've played/trained in the offseason with both male and female professionals. It might be hard to understand the physical differences between elite male athletes and elite female athletes in a given sport unless you've actually seen it directly. Rec sports isn't the level I'm talking about.

I coach full time as a profession now. I've been working at my craft for a decade and in 2019 I got to make the jump to my first coaching position at the professional level with a minor league franchise but that's an aside, most of my experience is in youth development working with top young players.

I'm a HUGE advocate for mixed gender training and competition at younger ages. When I worked with payers in the 12-13 age range, I would somtimes integrate top girl players into my training sessions and even formal competition.

I think it was a phenomenal development tool, it benefited the girls more but it benefited the boys too. You can easily throw a talented girl or three into a pool of talented boys and see no drop off in quality at that age.

A lot of times you see what appears to be physical differences between young boy athletes and young girls athletes, but I really believe it's more learned/behavioral than it is physical, especially when the girl isn't used to playing with boys, but regardless the girl players could almost always make up for it in intelligence and skill.

Everything starts to change rapidly at the onset of puberty. By 14-15 a team of top boys really requires a team of top women like collegiate, preferably professional, for any kind of competitive head-to-head scrimmage.

At 16+ you're going to run into problems integrating just one or two elite equal age girl players into a team training environment with boys, to the point that it borders on malpractice if your job is to help the boy players advance from youth to college/pros.

I'm speaking from experience here, I've observed girls and boys compete directly together at every level. Nothing that I, or anyone else in the world has observed suggest that it's physically possible for elite female athletes to compete with elite male athletes at or anywhere near physical maturity. Sports like American football and basketball that require hyper specialized physical traits have the greatest disparity of all.

If the NCAA eliminated women's team sports and all the competitions were open to all genders, all you're doing is eliminating women from college athletics.

No you’re turning this into a different argument. Show me the statistics for men joining women’s sports. Allowed or not I’ve only seen very small instances of this happening. What’s the projected amount of men joining women’s sports when it’s allowed? Is that amount enough to destroy women sports? Let’s take the “I think” out of this and make this mathematical.
Still no answer to this question

By 14-15 a team of top boys really requires a team of top women like collegiate, preferably professional, for any kind of competitive head-to-head scrimmage.

FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage - CBSSports.com

**** that.

START PAYING THE ATHLETES YOU'RE MAKING MILLIONS OFF OF.

This just another group they can profit off of :smh:

They think they fooling somebody pretending their progressive.

Was going to bring up the bathroom thing. Kept hearing that it would only lead to an epidemic of men walking into whatever bathroom they want......... what happened? Oh, nothing
That bathroom thing tripped me out at first. Was at a restaurant pre covid and went to the bathroom, walked in and saw 2 or 3 women taking pics of each other. I stopped and was like oh **** my bad damn they just laughed and said it was one of those shared bathrooms. I was embarassed af for a second lol

Back
Top Bottom