**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

People are quoting and responding to every post?? Lol this thread is as lame as the beef....grown men gossiping worse than little girls about Justin bieber

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

So you don't like Drake and find his music to be generic, but you still "bump" his songs?  Someone null and void this post
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.  How can you even justify Common going after Drake when people like Kanye and Lil Wayne have put out songs, even an album, dedicated to girl(s) that include singing?  Drake isn't the first rapper to do this and he's not the last, it's obvious Common's beef with Drake doesn't just stem from his dislike of the direction in which hip-hop is heading.  If he's so worried then he should talk to leaders like Jay-Z and Nas for getting on tracks with artists that are supposedly ruining hip-hop.  Of course he wouldn't do that though because he's just trying to get money like every other artist, if he wasn't then he would sit back like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, ArtOfficial, Shin Sight Trio, Masta Ace,  Phonte, etc. and make good music.  There's no need for him to go after Drake, people will support whatever artists they see fit regardless of what Drake does.
Nope, don't like Drake. He irks me. His music is generic to me, but there are a few songs I do like. How does that make discredit my post?
laugh.gif
It doesn't mean that if you do not like an artist, or think their music is boring in general, that you won't like some of their songs. Hell, I don't like Justin Bieber's music, but I will have some of his few selection of songs I like on my iPod. 
Why can't Common have an opinion and sing about it? Who said he specifically went just after Drake? He made general statements in a song and it could have included a bunch of artists since he uses the plural form. He is clearly making a statement on what he finds to be the degradation of hip hop through the oversaturation of sugar-coated pop/R&B aspect to its music 

This is not the first time Common makes a statement about the deterioration of hip hop.  I Used to Love H.E.R. is about the degradation of hip hop due to the mainstream overtake by West gangsta rap. Common is not the first one to do it and not the last to speak about the statement or direction of hip hop in songs, even aiming or targeting others. Infact, it is natural to do that in hip hop culture. One of its elements which is freestyle battling, is to roast others or take hits at others. Infamous rap battles have even ended or solidified careers. It's part of the art at the core of hip hop and part of the game. Don't know why Drake is all butthurt. If you are ready to boast and say I am the greatest, you put yourself in the ring and need to be ready to take hits. You need to be ready to fight back and prove that you are made for it. 

Because you're supporting the artist that is supposedly "ruining" hip-hop.  By listening to his music, you're supporting his image and his music, and indirectly influencing hip-hop whether it be for good or for bad.  Come on, Common knew exactly who he was talking about.  He didn't make Sweet right after Kanye dropped 808s, he didn't make it right after Lil Wayne dropped one of his many auto-tune enhanced songs, he made it after Drake dropped Take Care and solidified himself as one of the hottest in the game (not one of best).  Of course, everyone and their mom is gonna think it's about Drake because who's the first rapper that comes to mind when you listen to Sweet?  Having said that, I do agree that if he calls himself the best then he's gonna have to defend his statement with a battle or two, which is why I'd like to see him respond, but people are already saying it's over before it started so what's the point?  Drake could release an Ether-esque track toward Common and no one is gonna give him credit for it, but Common has a line about Drake being Canada Dry and all of a sudden he went in and he won.  Give me a break, Tupac is rolling over in his grave right now
30t6p3b.gif

And for the record, I do think Common is a legend and I do listen to Common, but amount of bias toward him in this thread is disgusting
sick.gif
.  Some dude even posted about Drake stans when 90% of the posts before his were favoring Common.  Let the battle happen if it's gonna happen, no need to say "Rapper X is better than Rapper Y, so Rapper X automatically wins!
pimp.gif
"
30t6p3b.gif

TRIFE I agree what he said was below the belt... I just think about some of his past raps it's not surprising he said what he said...

I think it's funny he pulled the whole "null & void" thing to your post. Just because you may think a rapper is mediocre/subpar, doesn't mean every one of their songs are bad.
I'm not a fan of Waka Flocka, Meek Mill, Chingy or Plies, doesn't mean I hate every one of their songs. Pretty spot on stuff though.

"back when if a niiiia reached it was for the weapon, nowadays niiiis reach just to sell their record"
"short wanna tell me secrets bout a rap n, i tell that biiih its more attractive when you hold it down"

exposure of common's motives
got the jay-z/carmen bryan jones card in the back pocket.

did common really say anything more hard hitting?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I think it's funny he pulled the whole "null & void" thing to your post. Just because you may think a rapper is mediocre/subpar, doesn't mean every one of their songs are bad.
I'm not a fan of Waka Flocka, Meek Mill, Chingy or Plies, doesn't mean I hate every one of their songs. Pretty spot on stuff though.
Agreed...you'd never catch me at some grimey **+ club w. drop ceilings to see a Waka show and I'll NEVER buy one of his CDs....but I'll be damned if Grove Street Party ain't track #4 on my gym mix.

*Speaking of Drakes fugazi "tough" act, wasn't he talking about putting hands on that tattoo artist who inked "DRAKE" on that chick's head? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Agreed...you'd never catch me at some grimey **+ club w. drop ceilings to see a Waka show and I'll NEVER buy one of his CDs....but I'll be damned if Grove Street Party ain't track #4 on my gym mix.

*Speaking of Drakes fugazi "tough" act, wasn't he talking about putting hands on that tattoo artist who inked "DRAKE" on that chick's head? 
laugh.gif

Yeah and he sent his bodyguard into dude's shop to "warn" him while he waited outside in the car.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/bl...ng-with-drake-after-he-called-him-soft-claims
http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/bl...ng-with-drake-after-he-called-him-soft-claims

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

laugh.gif

Yeah and he sent his bodyguard into dude's shop to "warn" him while he waited outside in the car.

looks like somebody is trying to live a *+$%@!'s life...without being about it.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

When talking about Common you have to acknowledge his Afrocentric perspective... Anything that strays from blackness is not hip-hop to him... IMO this "beef" could get pretty inflammatory very fast...
nerd.gif

Lupe being a legend over Com is hard for me to hear
frown.gif
Honestly the fact that Common even took the race route with part of his diss kinda pisses me off. There's no need to go at dude being mixe. As a Common fan from the Can I Borrow a Dollar days, duke lost a lot of respect from me for even approaching that topic.
But Common has always been against interracial relationships... I'm really not surprised he has problem with a bi-racial kid carrying the hip-hop flag...
ESPECIALLY a biracial kid who probably wasn't even introduced to hip-hop until his teens. Dude was raised by his jewish mother in like a predominately white part of Canada.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Honestly the fact that Common even took the race route with part of his diss kinda pisses me off. There's no need to go at dude being mixe. As a Common fan from the Can I Borrow a Dollar days, duke lost a lot of respect from me for even approaching that topic.
But Common has always been against interracial relationships... I'm really not surprised he has problem with a bi-racial kid carrying the hip-hop flag...
ESPECIALLY a biracial kid who probably wasn't even introduced to hip-hop until his teens. Dude was raised by his jewish mother in like a predominately white part of Canada.
I had forgot about his views on that, cause I'm remembering a couple songs from 'Be' where he mentions stuff about interracial relationships.
Then that made me remember his role on that 'Single Ladies' show.

Spoiler [+]
single-ladies-april-the-mayor-300x187.jpg

How does that make him not able to carry the hip-hop flag though?  So in order to be hip-hop you have to be fully black, raised from birth on hip-hop, not live around white folks and not be from Canada?  See how ridiculous that sounds?  Shouldn't even be an issue IMO.  

How does that make him not able to carry the hip-hop flag though?  So in order to be hip-hop you have to be fully black, raised from birth on hip-hop, not live around white folks and not be from Canada?  See how ridiculous that sounds?  Shouldn't even be an issue IMO.  
Well, I know Common's views on interracial dating, but did that bolded part come from Common himself, or is that some NT hearsay like all this being over Serena....?

So Common is a bigot who hates Drake for not being "black enough" to smash his girl and be a dominant--especially more dominant than himself--figure in hip hop?

So Drake sending people in to do dirty work for him isn't tough? All the real Mob dons do everything themselves?

Oh.

Why would you listen to an artist if you think their fake/phony and their music is generic?  By listening to their music, you're indirectly promoting that artist's image and his music thus encouraging that artist to make more music, which you claim not to like, and telling other artists to adapt to what the "mainstream" wants and change their style in order to ultimately make money.  And to bring this back full circle, Common's problem should be with people like YOU not with Drake.  Drake can't help it that people like his music and give him a bigger platform than artists who aren't supposedly "ruining" hip-hop.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Common's sweet was no different than jay-z's death of autotune...a PSA to everybody out there doing that ^%&*boi foolery. Drake caught feelings and took offense.
THIS.
Common is real butt hurt over Serena though lets be real.  Out of all people he goes after Drake?  The most harmless rapper in the game.  That's not a good. 

Its clear his motives are just to sell records by getting at the guy who smashed his girl and is more popular than him.

You really believe his motives are something deeper than that?  My dude is signed to Kanye West who made 808s and Heartbreaks.  Don't get it twisted, this isn't about singing and rapping.

When u say imma mess you up you mean it yourself not a goon but yourself. How is that hard to comprehend . It's funny as heck dude is clap backing himself

Well, I know Common's views on interracial dating, but did that bolded part come from Common himself, or is that some NT hearsay like all this being over Serena....?
You so black and white, tryna to live a $%+$$’s life
I’m taking too long with this amateur guy
You ain’t wet nobody $%+$$, you Canada dry

-Stay Schemin (ft. French Montana, Common & that %!@ $+% $%+$$)

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

When u say imma mess you up you mean it yourself not a goon but yourself. How is that hard to comprehend . It's funny as heck dude is clap backing himself
so there is no correlation at all between this video which takes place in drake's condo and was originally uploaded by drake and common dissing him..hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom