**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

ESPECIALLY a biracial kid who probably wasn't even introduced to hip-hop until his teens. Dude was raised by his jewish mother in like a predominately white part of Canada.
How does that make him not able to carry the hip-hop flag though?  So in order to be hip-hop you have to be fully black, raised from birth on hip-hop, not live around white folks and not be from Canada?  See how ridiculous that sounds?  Shouldn't even be an issue IMO.  
Well, I know Common's views on interracial dating, but did that bolded part come from Common himself, or is that some NT hearsay like all this being over Serena....?

laugh.gif
  Didn't mean to make it sound like those words came right from Common's mouth...who knows why he would even mention race.  But that's kinda my point....you don't mention stuff like that unless you take issue with it, right?
For me there isn't anything wrong with being pro-your race.  I just take issue with having to point out another dude's racial makeup in a diss record, as if that somehow discredits him in any way.  You don't go at people over the color of their parent's skin.  Wonder what Com's boy Barack would have to say about that.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this thread was all good until the hip hop elitists put their vinyl down and logged on

dudes typin out high school level essays over two poohbear face *%%+@% beefin
sick.gif

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Common's sweet was no different than jay-z's death of autotune...a PSA to everybody out there doing that ^%&*boi foolery. Drake caught feelings and took offense.
THIS.
Common is real butt hurt over Serena though lets be real.  Out of all people he goes after Drake?  The most harmless rapper in the game.  That's not a good. 

Its clear his motives are just to sell records by getting at the guy who smashed his girl and is more popular than him.

You really believe his motives are something deeper than that?  My dude is signed to Kanye West who made 808s and Heartbreaks.  Don't get it twisted, this isn't about singing and rapping.
You're missing the point, Common did not GO AFTER drake, he went after a particular type of rapper/artist IN GENERAL. Then, when asked, basically said that if drake feels he is in the category of said type of artist, then sure, it's at him.

Common just fired the shots, drake STEPPED IN FRONT of barrel.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

I think it's funny he pulled the whole "null & void" thing to your post. Just because you may think a rapper is mediocre/subpar, doesn't mean every one of their songs are bad.
I'm not a fan of Waka Flocka, Meek Mill, Chingy or Plies, doesn't mean I hate every one of their songs. Pretty spot on stuff though.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Agreed...you'd never catch me at some grimey **+ club w. drop ceilings to see a Waka show and I'll NEVER buy one of his CDs....but I'll be damned if Grove Street Party ain't track #4 on my gym mix.

Why would you listen to an artist if you think their fake/phony and their music is generic?  By listening to their music, you're indirectly promoting that artist's image and his music thus encouraging that artist to make more music, which you claim not to like, and telling other artists to adapt to what the "mainstream" wants and change their style in order to ultimately make money.  And to bring this back full circle, Common's problem should be with people like YOU not with Drake.  Drake can't help it that people like his music and give him a bigger platform than artists who aren't supposedly "ruining" hip-hop.
No.
Those artists I mentioned I'm not a fan of for various reasons, but they have each had various songs that caught my attention. That's pretty cut and dry too, so I'm sure where 

the whole "[bringing it] full circle" thing comes from. I can also say the opposite of artists I am a fan of, with Common's 'UMC' and 'Electric Circus' albums being perfect examples

of stuff I'd never listen to again. 

I love how cats can never admit when Drake drops a DOPE verse, just cuz he make RnB music and has 6 trillion fans and %*$* and spills his heart over lullaby songs doesn't mean the dude cant rap.......and im a fan of both......

Originally Posted by alkaTREz

Yo......that video of Serena dancing was repulsive.
I'm sayin'.  Drake had her lookin' like a coked out stripper dancin' for dollars and quarter waters.

As you may recall, we recently posted a video of Drake threatening the tattoo artist who did the famous Drake forehead tattoo on a fan which led to the tattoo artist responding to Drake’s threats.

Well, according to a Twitter user, who was retweeted by the actual tattoo artist who did the forehead tattoo, Drake rolled up to Will Rise Tattoo Shop in LA where Kevin Campbell (the tattoo artist) works at a few nights ago looking for trouble.

Drake reportedly sat in his vehicle while sending his bodyguards into the shop to confront Kevin Campbell. Kevin Campbell confirmed this on twitter responding to another user “guess you could call it sorted out. When Drake was in LA last, he parked out front the shop and sent in his huge security dude.

I think it's funny he pulled the whole "null & void" thing to your post. Just because you may think a rapper is mediocre/subpar, doesn't mean every one of their songs are bad.
I'm not a fan of Waka Flocka, Meek Mill, Chingy or Plies, doesn't mean I hate every one of their songs. Pretty spot on stuff though.

Agreed...you'd never catch me at some grimey **+ club w. drop ceilings to see a Waka show and I'll NEVER buy one of his CDs....but I'll be damned if Grove Street Party ain't track #4 on my gym mix.

Why would you listen to an artist if you think their fake/phony and their music is generic?  By listening to their music, you're indirectly promoting that artist's image and his music thus encouraging that artist to make more music, which you claim not to like, and telling other artists to adapt to what the "mainstream" wants and change their style in order to ultimately make money.  And to bring this back full circle, Common's problem should be with people like YOU not with Drake.  Drake can't help it that people like his music and give him a bigger platform than artists who aren't supposedly "ruining" hip-hop.
No.
Those artists I mentioned I'm not a fan of for various reasons, but they have each had various songs that caught my attention. That's pretty cut and dry too, so I'm sure where 

the whole "[bringing it] full circle" thing comes from. I can also say the opposite of artists I am a fan of, with Common's 'UMC' and 'Electric Circus' albums being perfect examples

of stuff I'd never listen to again. 

Huh?  I said what indirectly happens from you listening to an artist that you claim not to like, but continue to listen to.  Sure, from your point of view it's cut and dry, but it obviously goes deeper than that, like I pointed out earlier.  Regardless, my comment was directed toward Hazel Eye Honey because she criticized Drake about his music and image then on the same note said she does listen to some of his songs.  Well, I'm sure Drake doesn't care what she thinks of him, but if she's gonna listen to his music then %+%+ he wins in the end, so anything she says after that is irrelevant.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Is everyone trolling in this thread? 
I'm mad I keep coming in here too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just realized this too
laugh.gif
.  I don't know why I'm even replying
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Common pretty much said everything i feel bout this corn ball drake.....

Yall lyin to your self if you dont think the dude went in on jimmy.

Im waiting for cash money 2012 piss poor come back....

I just want a all out beef to break out so people can remember what real hip hop is . This new generation has lost sight of what good music is.

I know the young money stans will say Common old and washed up . But at the end of the day common done more for the game since the golden era than any of them clowns
from cash money ever done.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

What is this "real hip-hop" people keep referring to?
I'm saying.  People forgot Hip Hop started with a DJ and an MC starting a party like "JUMP UP EVERY BODY, EVERY BODY CLAP YOUR HANDS".

Hip Hop was made for parties not people snapping their fingers at poetry slams.

Originally Posted by 0cks

But Common has always been against interracial relationships... I'm really not surprised he has problem with a bi-racial kid carrying the hip-hop flag...
ESPECIALLY a biracial kid who probably wasn't even introduced to hip-hop until his teens. Dude was raised by his jewish mother in like a predominately white part of Canada.
How does that make him not able to carry the hip-hop flag though?  So in order to be hip-hop you have to be fully black, raised from birth on hip-hop, not live around white folks and not be from Canada? See how ridiculous that sounds? Shouldn't even be an issue IMO.
comes across as fraudulent....not saying thats truly accurate, but yea..when you doing.....

this talk tough....

more then 48 hours passed since common said "son of a #$$#+, imagine what your father is" and spanked you with no reply, no one is gonna confuse you

for a hiphop ambassador...

98% of all mainstream rappers live a lie...they are storytellers.  Doesn't mean I can't enjoy what they put out.  I know Rick Ross is a fraud, but I like his music. 

How would Common's problem be with me when I 100% support EVERYTHING he puts out? 

I just laugh at the clown-like tendencies of Drake as I would with ANYONE who has a fugazi tough-guy act and then tries to carry that +$!+ into the real world (strong-arming the tattoo artist).  The line about catching bodies is flat out hilarious considering the source.  It would be like Waka cutting a track on the importance of education.  C'mon now...+$!+ is comedy. 

It's really sad how much image plays a role in Hip Hop.

I can't think of a single other type of music where it's so important and the fans actually dictate what they like sonically based on an artist's persona.

It's like "damn he can rap and the beat is nice but I can't listen to him because he looks corny".

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

It's really sad how much image plays a role in Hip Hop.

I can't think of a single other type of music where it's so important and the fans actually dictate what they like sonically based on an artist's persona.

It's like "damn he can rap and the beat is nice but I can't listen to him because he looks corny".

Agreed, Drake has been putting out undeniable heat yet people front like they don't like it. His flow has been jacked by damn near half the game, and dude has been dominating over the last few years. Ross has good tracks for years and people avoided his music because he was found to be a probation officer. I remember the people said the SAME thing about Ross when he got exposed are the same people in this thread now love Ross's music. End of the day, wayne kissed a dude and most of the forum thought he was the man for tthree years after that. Everything will blow over and drake wont lose any following at all over this. He'll probably do even better this year.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

As you may recall, we recently posted a video of Drake threatening the tattoo artist who did the famous Drake forehead tattoo on a fan which led to the tattoo artist responding to Drake’s threats.

Well, according to a Twitter user, who was retweeted by the actual tattoo artist who did the forehead tattoo, Drake rolled up to Will Rise Tattoo Shop in LA where Kevin Campbell (the tattoo artist) works at a few nights ago looking for trouble.

Drake reportedly sat in his vehicle while sending his bodyguards into the shop to confront Kevin Campbell. Kevin Campbell confirmed this on twitter responding to another user “guess you could call it sorted out. When Drake was in LA last, he parked out front the shop and sent in his huge security dude.â€

danm there is still no response??? where you at Drake???

"don't be duckin like you never wanted nothin"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

But Common has always been against interracial relationships... I'm really not surprised he has problem with a bi-racial kid carrying the hip-hop flag...
How does that make him not able to carry the hip-hop flag though?  So in order to be hip-hop you have to be fully black, raised from birth on hip-hop, not live around white folks and not be from Canada?  See how ridiculous that sounds?  Shouldn't even be an issue IMO.  
that actually doesnt sound that ridiculous.  throw in that they have to had sold or smoked crack,  have multiple kids with different women, been arrested,  and i think we have some pretty good standards as to who is hiphop or not

Back
Top Bottom