New NBA rule change to ensure Lebron's Championship this year.

Why is everyone targeting Lebron when this rule is targeted to every player in the league? Not to the Cavs

hahah^ there will be a whole lot of grave digging for multiple teams

seriously though this isn't about lebron. This is about the league heading in the wrong direction. For the people saying "oh well they don't callit now". my fear is that with the new written rule, coupled with the replacement refs, players will get away with THREE steps. this is a long-term issue.The nba is telling us they care about teams scoring more than playing legit basketball

"Whether or not this will affect play on the court remains to be seen. Referees have long been instructed to allow two steps and in interviews with NBAplayers last season there was some confusion about the rule. But most said they thought they were allowed to take two steps."

Stop *****ing

Originally Posted by DubA169

hahah^ there will be a whole lot of grave digging for multiple teams

seriously though this isn't about lebron. This is about the league heading in the wrong direction. For the people saying "oh well they don't call it now". my fear is that with the new written rule, coupled with the replacement refs, players will get away with THREE steps. this is a long-term issue. The nba is telling us they care about teams scoring more than playing legit basketbalit isn't a
it shouldn't be a Lebron thing..i guess it's because everyone knows he's so close to getting a ring they're using this excusenow.. Ray Allen can tak two steps before a shot and hit like 16 more threes in a game
sick.gif

KingJames23 wrote:
"Whether or not this will affect play on the court remains to be seen. Referees have long been instructed to allow two steps and in interviews with NBA players last season there was some confusion about the rule. But most said they thought they were allowed to take two steps."

Stop *****ing

nice screenname

Originally Posted by DubA169

KingJames23 wrote:
"Whether or not this will affect play on the court remains to be seen. Referees have long been instructed to allow two steps and in interviews with NBA players last season there was some confusion about the rule. But most said they thought they were allowed to take two steps."

Stop *****ing

nice screenname

Thanks, I like it too.

its ridiculous how the article is written to make it seem ok too.

i mean, why dont they jus football out there on the court now.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Executive76 wrote:
So when Bron gets to travel people are mad...now everyone gets to travel and they're still mad?

lebron's always gotten at least 3 steps, he's seriously gonna be able to get 5 now.

I'd be fine w/ it if it meant that 2 steps would be strictly enforced. I doubt it tho. I feel like this is a precursor to legalizing Bron's crabdribble - which shouldn't be allowed.

I don't think there's a place in bball for 3 friggin steps.

Then again, I'm old school in the mindset that the carrying call should be called more often - when the players bring their hand under the ball, especiallyon a "crossover."

There's only a couple of guys who can really really crossover nowadays.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

i'm gonna go to the gym tomorrow and hear

"nah $#$% that $#&%& is legal now. baskets good"

Uh I didn't even think of that. Thank god that the leagues I play in use college rules. But if I have to hear people use this excuse in the gym or in thepark I'm seriously going to get into a fist fight with someone for the first time over basketball. It's bad enough when people use to do the and 1carriers from the kixtapes and arguing with them about it. But now this.

Regardless of the "rule change", the NBA is still more entertaining than college ball to me. I'd rather watch Lebron, Kobe, and Wade travel thanEd Davis and Patrick Patterson any day of the week.

how are they going to just implement a rule all of a sudden, its not like this is such a problem that it needed a rule...wow

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I'd be fine w/ it if it meant that 2 steps would be strictly enforced. I doubt it tho. I feel like this is a precursor to legalizing Bron's crab dribble - which shouldn't be allowed.

I don't think there's a place in bball for 3 friggin steps.

Then again, I'm old school in the mindset that the carrying call should be called more often - when the players bring their hand under the ball, especially on a "crossover."
That's the assumption I'm working under until I see otherwise. It'll be two steps, but none of this fake crab dribble business. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see LeBron take 3-5 steps in the lane or Carmelo pick up his pivot foot before dribbling.

Regarding carrying, I saw Daniel Gibson dribble left handed when they were playing the Wizards the other day and he consistently put his hand under the ball. It was horrible. He's a guy that sticks out to me as someone who regularly carries.

Someone on the previous page asked if this meant players could take two steps before dribbling. No, the rule change means they can take two steps after theypick up their dribble or when they receive a pass. It's basically what you've been watching all this time anyway and doesn't legalize a quarter ofLeBron's moves in the lane nor does it really benefit him. This rule shouldn't have an effect on whether or not the Cavs win the title.
eyes.gif

What the hell is everyone flipping out about? This changes absolutely nothing. 2 steps when you stop dribbling...that's been the unofficial rule for aslong as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom