New Penny Hardaway Phoenix Suns Foamposite 1 for 2013

u coppin?

• yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sole savers work pretty good, not too noticeable either. I picked up a few samples at Sneaker Con last year. I wouldn't purchase them tho ..

On another note, did anyone get their shipping confirmation/ tracking number from NDC yet?? :nerd:

What yellows soles more than anything, is the paper.

I've always felt like this was a myth but I'm starting to believe. I had a pair gym greens that had only been worn 4-5 times, I pulled it out of the box recently to clean them and as soon as water touched the sole it seemed like the sole yellowed with a matter of hours.
Only thing I can attribute it to is the paper but I've got icy red metallics and eggplants that had the paper in them.
View media item 299548

Thought I was the only person to do this....
I'm crazy OCD with my ****, I don't a bunch of weird **** to keep my kicks fresh. I clean the soles/shoe with every wear, sometimes I take one shoe off while driving so it doesn't crease the right shoe from hitting the gas pedal. lol a bunch of crazy ****...I have a decent size collection too, so that whole "well you must not have a lot of shoes if you worry about them so much" doesn't really apply to me. 

Quote:
and a waste of money! just wear your kicks! yellowing is unavoidable
Yellowing is unavoidable over time, but if you watched the videos these clearly slow the process down...Nothing looks worse on a shoe than a yellow sole, after they yellow I don't even wanna wear them as much, if at all. I like enjoying and wearing my shoes, even years later. 
People that worry about their shoes yellowing, obviously are buying shoes for the wrong reasons.

If you are truly buying your shoes because you like them and bought them to wear, yellowing wouldn't matter.
I'm worried about my soles yellowing because I want my shoes to look fresh, when you pay $250 for a shoe, It sucks wearing them a few times and then pulling them out of the box and finding the "ice soles" look like piss. I love kicks and I wear all of them, yellowing should matter to everyone. I would assume yellowing bothers any collector/shoe enthusiast, whatever you wanna call yourself. Nobody buys shoes for the wrong reason, everyone is different and buys shoes for whatever reason they want. if you wanna buy a shoe to piss in it, May be ****** up but it's not the "wrong reason" lol. Your gonna tell me your not worried about your soles yellowing over time, and if you could slow down the process you wouldn't at least attempt to do so?
you do know u have to replace it after 1 to 2 uses right?

its a money making scheme to unaware buyers
Idk about 1 or two uses, I saw another video where dude said he wore them for a month and they were still in pretty good condition. You could tell they were defiantly worn too because they had wear to them, when he pulled them off the soles looked icy as DS.

Foams are a DOPE shoe, and the quality is usually on point regardless of the small ******** issues. They are build like TANKS and don't get ****** up easily at all, which I love. the upper is mad easy to clean, the soles are tuff and nails and don't wear out easily. They're comfortable, stylish and you can even hoop in them then wear them again and you wouldn't even be able to tell you ever played in them. ALL THAT being said, they're worth the $244 price tag after tax. BUT the ONLY damn thing that kills ALL that **** is the yellowing soles, same thing with every translucent soled shoe...I'm gonna buy a few pairs and try em out, I'll post before and after pics maybe start another thread on how to keep your **** clean, lol. 

I've noticed people who protect their kicks like its their children have bigger issues yellowing than people who just wear them

to me they just shoes cant take them with u when u gone so u may as well crease them or SOMEONE else will :smokin

To add to what Joey said, I only care about yellowing because I want the shoes to look the way they were at purchase for as long as possible especially since I'm only able to wear them a couple times a year.

Nothing worse than pulling out shoes you've only worn a handful of times to see that they are now piss yellow.

I've noticed people who protect their kicks like its their children have bigger issues yellowing than people who just wear them
I don't see how that's possible. Doesn't really make sense. like I said I clean my shoes after every wear and a lot of them look NDS after multiple wears. I don't resell or trade em, I just do it because I love the way a fresh out the box shoe looks and feels on your foot and I want my **** to be clean. 
to me they just shoes cant take them with u when u gone so u may as well crease them or SOMEONE else will
smokin.gif
I got creasing kicked, my shoes never crease found the solution to that a long time ago... that was almost common sense and I wish I got to market first with the product, lol. then again creasing isn't the issue...that never really bothered me even before I figured out how to stop it. I've accepted that soles, over time oxidize and turn yellow. I'm not trying to stop it, it is was it is. I just wanna slow the process down as much as possible, I would think everyone else would wanna know how to as well. 

wow, I didn't know foams came with a GUM sole...dope AF, lol. 

Your telling me you don't wanna stop that if you can help it?

I'm saying they are gonna get that way eventually

Life is too short to worry about stuff like that, that's my take on it

See i have an OCD too wen it comes to my kicks... I do clean them after each use and i always try to avoid getting creases if i can.. Now when the time comes my shoes look like **** and or turns yellow...who cares! At that point i probably have 25+ other shoes that are still fresh so ill just start wearing those...

I don't worry about my shoes yellowing over time, I'm too old to care about 13 year old kids thinking my shoes are "super fresh".

Slowing down the age process is like these 50 year old broads getting BOTOX all over their faces, when you age, you age.

Exactly, you have guys using Sea Glow to take the yellowing away, but their soles are falling off from using it.

Having a wearable shoe that looks old > having a nice looking shoe that can only sit in your closet.

I don't worry about my shoes yellowing over time, I'm too old to care about 13 year old kids thinking my shoes are "super fresh".

Slowing down the age process is like these 50 year old broads getting BOTOX all over their faces, when you age, you age.

I don't care what other people think about my shoes, I thought made that clear. It's about how I feel and what I like... I'm 29 years old, I'm sure I'm older than a lot of people that post on here. Age and what other people think have little do to with this issue as a whole. My girl thinks I'm nuts with some of the shoes I buy, including these foams. I obv don't care I buy what I like and wear what I want.
lol I don't think preventing yellowing and Botox are done for the same reasons or have anything to do with one another but I applaud your attempt at a pretty funny metaphor. -I'm not trying to be a **** that actually was funny.

Exactly, you have guys using Sea Glow to take the yellowing away, but their soles are falling off from using it.

Having a wearable shoe that looks old > having a nice looking shoe that can only sit in your closet.

I wasn't aware that sea glow damaged soles, I've actually only heard good things. I've never seen any evidence of this or heard any complaints. I thought that this was only a "what if" like people nervous to sea glow their shoes because "what if It makes them weak or destroys them" anybody ever have that issue with sea glow? I've only heard good things...

My dude.

I'd prevent yellowing if all things were equal - meaning, it cost me no money, required no extra effort, no extra time, etc. So, if the solution was like - just remove the tissue paper. Fine. Anything where I have to do anything on a consistent basis is not worth it to me. What do I know though, I throw on Tiffanys with no socks to walk the dog and only bother to take a rag to them if I actually step in dog crap.

If I'm going to sell a shoe, I'll take some time to clean it up as a courtesy to the buyer - but I always represent its state accurately. And, sometimes I'll use the "sauce" to restore a sole on something vintage, but that's a sort of one-time concerted effort, not a daily nuisance to simply wearing kicks.

They're just shoes, people. Wear them freely; it's liberating.

I wasn't aware that sea glow damaged soles, I've actually only heard good things. I've never seen any evidence of this or heard any complaints. I thought that this was only a "what if" like people nervous to sea glow their shoes because "what if It makes them weak or destroys them" anybody ever have that issue with sea glow? I've only heard good things...

If used improperly, Sea Glow can definitely harm your shoes - sole separation, etc.

My dude.

I'd prevent yellowing if all things were equal - meaning, it cost me no money, required no extra effort, no extra time, etc. So, if the solution was like - just remove the tissue paper. Fine. Anything where I have to do anything on a consistent basis is not worth it to me. What do I know though, I throw on Tiffanys with no socks to walk the dog and only bother to take a rag to them if I actually step in dog crap.

If I'm going to sell a shoe, I'll take some time to clean it up as a courtesy to the buyer - but I always represent its state accurately. And, sometimes I'll use the "sauce" to restore a sole on something vintage, but that's a sort of one-time concerted effort, not a daily nuisance to simply wearing kicks.

They're just shoes, people. Wear them freely; it's liberating.
If used improperly, Sea Glow can definitely harm your shoes - sole separation, etc.
ok so i'm new to the sneaker game but;...does leaving the tissue paper inside the box cause them to yellow? I haven't worn my stealth foams and some other kicks that still have the wrapping paper...

ok so i'm new to the sneaker game but;...does leaving the tissue paper inside the box cause them to yellow? I haven't worn my stealth foams and some other kicks that still have the wrapping paper...

I believe it used to. Now they use better paper. Someone more OG than I can follow up as I don't believe it's really a problem anymore.

The paper DOES continue to yellow.

I forgot to take the paper out of my pine Foams and they yellowed, I only wore them 2 times.

Every shoe I get now, I toss the paper.

all this talk about soles just bc dude posted a vid and i spent a measly few dollars on sole savers, then ppl wanted to comment about how they've now somehow "seen it all" and all these other stupid comments. :lol: stop worrying about what other folks do with THEIR shoes THEY paid for with THEIR money :wink: and just worry about u and yours and there would be no issues, but folks can't seem to do that.

i appreciate that so many ppl felt the need to comment about how they FEEL like sole savers are overkill, etc, etc. in actuality, the back n forth about such an insignificant topic is what's overkill.

if u don't like sole savers then don't use them. it's pretty simple. i saw a vid on them and i happen to hate my foam soles yellowing considering the entire sole is icy, unlike most jays where only a portion of the sole is icy. so i too would like to slow the yellowing. kill me. is that taboo or something?? does that mean i have problems??

Last edited:
all this talk about soles just bc dude posted a vid and i spent a measly few dollars on sole savers, then ppl wanted to comment about how they've now somehow "seen it all" and all these other stupid comments. :lol: stop worrying about what other folks do with THEIR shoes THEY paid for with THEIR money :wink: and just worry about u and yours and there would be no issues, but folks can't seem to do that.

i appreciate that so many ppl felt the need to comment about how they FEEL like sole savers are overkill, etc, etc. in actuality, the back n forth about such an insignificant topic is what's overkill.

if u don't like sole savers then don't use them. it's pretty simple. i saw a vid on them and i happen to hate my foam soles yellowing considering the entire sole is icy, unlike most jays where only a portion of the sole is icy. so i too would like to slow the yellowing. kill me. is that taboo or something?? does that mean i have problems??

I think it's hilarious that you rip everyone for posting how they "feel" and say all that ******** about don't worry about other people, blah blah...then go ahead and post your opinion and how you feel. That was extremely hypocritical and honestly pretty absurd.

It's a Foam thread and if people wanna talk about foams and yellow soles or how to keep them clean I think they should be able to do it without negative comments on how YOU FEEL about what everyone else posts. Take some of your own advice if you "don't care what everyone else does" them why are you so worried about what we're posting.

This is the kinda ******** that makes me not wanna post on certain threads...

The paper DOES continue to yellow.

I forgot to take the paper out of my pine Foams and they yellowed, I only wore them 2 times.

Every shoe I get now, I toss the paper.

Just be careful with some boxes. For example, a lot of Jordan III boxes have red on the inside and if the shoe gets moved around inside it will cause the red paint to transfer onto the shoe. Happened to my WC 3's. I tried everything to get the stain off the white upper, but never could. Thanks for the info on the paper. I thought they used an acid free type paper now. I'll have to go through and take them all out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom