u coppin?

• yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
People asking bout prices
mean.gif
how hard is it to check sold listings on ebay?
Cause Ebay isn't accurate. On top of that there too lazy, so they come here for easy answers

how is ebay not accurate? looking at completed, sold listings gives a great indication of the average selling price at this point.
I agree with the lazy part tho.

It's accurate for eBay, but when it comes to CL and local shoe forums in different areas prices tend to vary. I usually subtract fees and use that as a ballpark.

how is ebay not accurate? looking at completed, sold listings gives a great indication of the average selling price at this point.
I agree with the lazy part tho.

It's accurate for eBay, but when it comes to CL and local shoe forums in different areas prices tend to vary. I usually subtract fees and use that as a ballpark.

eBay is a much, much larger market than CL and local shoe forums. Therefore, it gives a much larger sample size of what people are willing to pay for the shoes. Of course there are outliers but when someone wants to get a roundabout selling price, eBay is pretty much the best place to look.

Fees dont really factor in much especially when you see listings that are auction style. Buyers arent saying, let me bid an additional 8% ebay fees + 3% paypal fees + shipping. They are saying, "im willing to pay this amount and i dont really care about what the seller has to eat"

Thanks for the compliment. I'm truly a kid at heart.

...And at mind, body, and soul.

eBay is a much, much larger market than CL and local shoe forums. Therefore, it gives a much larger sample size of what people are willing to pay for the shoes. Of course there are outliers but when someone wants to get a roundabout selling price, eBay is pretty much the best place to look.

Fees dont really factor in much especially when you see listings that are auction style. Buyers arent saying, let me bid an additional 8% ebay fees + 3% paypal fees + shipping. They are saying, "im willing to pay this amount and i dont really care about what the seller has to eat"

The reason why people don't think ebay is accurate is because they are too obtuse to search "completed sold listings"

But, I do agree that if you are going to make a cash offer to somebody, it's worth knocking of 10 - 15% of the winning ebay price, since that's what the seller is actually putting in his/her pocket.

Same reason why consignment shops like FC aren't necessarily a good guide for private transactions, but if you knock 20-25% off the final price, you're probably in the ballpark on a good number of items.

Last edited:
^^^ i agree on the cash offer part. but not everyone does cash offers and thats why i also mentioned the auction style listings being a good indicator vs buy it now. completed auction style listings are indiscriminate of the fees. they are pretty much what the shoes are going for.

not to mention if you accept a cash offer once the item is already listed, you still get stuck paying the ebay seller fee anyway, so you really aren't circumventing anything.

People negotiate prices then finalize the deal outside of eBay.

seller can just cancel the deal with buyers agreement...

i wouldnt think this is a good idea. when you add tracking to the paypal transaction after an ebay transaction, it adds the tracking to th ebay order. canceling the transaction will still leave evidence that merchandise has been exchanged and could lead to sanctions.

doing a paypal transaction excludes ebay from the deal, it still allows the seller to update the shipping information, and it confirms that merchandise has been exchanged without the possibility of a sanction.

Right, but you still have to pay the fees.  I got hit like that 3 times this year already doing the same thing.  Once the item is listed, you are only able to cancel the listing once in a 12 month span.
That is only if there are bidders I believe.

If there aren't any bids then you should be able to cancel any thing you have listed on ebay without cancel fees

That is only if there are bidders I believe.
If there aren't any bids then you should be able to cancel any thing you have listed on ebay without cancel fees

Correct which also mean you can cancel buy it now auctions at any time without fee.

ebay auctions are so hit and miss these days, I would say half the time auctions end and the invoice is sent out the buyers be flaking, and its not like ebay be doing anything to stop this, as a seller you are left holding the can for a week until you can cancel the transaction - until ebay start bringing in rules where buyers pay within 24 hrs Ima stick using the "immediate payment required" option on buy now.

There are people out there (salty heads who missed out on retail) creating ebay accounts to purposely do this :smh: u can clearly tell your not getting paid when your winning bidder joined ebay less than 1 month and has a 0 rating...

Back
Top Bottom