***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

About the blast does anybody have both the black blue and white black pairs? Are both just as comfortable? I notice one retails for 5 bucks more at the regular retail price. Wondering if one is made better with dofferent materisls

I never cared for the blast back in the day but im in love with the design now. Something about the blast part on the ankle part and the outsole does it for me.

I might just end up buying both

I didn't notice any difference. Both same size. But frankly, anything feels better than wearing my military boots.

So over the past 6 months or so I've been trying to diversify my collection and have been getting into reeboks. Recently picked these up off eBay.
410720524.jpg

410720522.jpg

Won the auction for these and paid $42 shipped

Actually the lateral/medial sides of the left/right pairs are supposed to be same - it's an asymmetrical look, but it looks as though you have similar shoes when you look at the wearer from a side angle.

With this one, the medial sides on both left/right are the same, so regardless of how you look at the shoe it looks as though you have two different pairs on.
Which is exactly the problem with that ASG pair, I dont want to look like a big goof wearing two different shoes, like those idiots with two different Jordans on feet.

NK, the Black and Royal is a bit more expensive because came out later and has not been heavily discounted yet, but soon.
i don't really follow everything that was said but how do you feel like your wearing 2 diff shoes with the ASG but not with the black/white

so black left white right is ok but white outside black inside is a no go? yall trippin

Which part you are not getting, do you have the Blast? If a person looks at you from the right, you are wearing predominately Black shoe, if they look you from the left side, its the opposite, predominately White. 

With the ASG, no matter which side, you look like you are wearing 2 different shoes, only if you walk like Charlie Chaplin or a penguin, you will look like you are wearing same pair.

Last edited:

Which part you are not getting, do you have the Blast? If a person looks at you from the right, you are wearing predominately Black shoe, if they look you from the left side, its the opposite, predominately White.

With the ASG, no matter which side, you look like you are wearing 2 different shoes, only if you walk like Charlie Chaplin or a penguin, you will look like you are wearing same pair.
you know i have the blast, we discussed comfort and everything, my point is and this is IMHO there not really different in regards to looking like you have the same shoe on or diff shoes on, the insides black the outsides white split down the middle so if your standing like above, idk why you would, it looks like you have the same shoe, from the outside it looks like you have on a white blue shoe on.....what's the problem? i just don't see the nitpick yall are making, here's a nitpick i like black and red more than white blue, i wish they'd reversed the inside-outside colors
tongue.gif
 as is the ASG IS THE ONLY CW = TO THE CRAZY UNIQUNESS OF THE OG/RETRO BLACK/WHITE

Redrum, look carefully at the OG Black/White pair you posted. The left sides of both left and right pairs is the same colour, with the ASG pair it's only the medial (inner sides) that is the same colour.

At the end of the day you're technically right that both the OG & ASG pairs are mismatched, but we're just pointing out that the asymmetry of the OG colourway points to a 'cleaner' look that can be worn without looking foolish.

Redrum, look carefully at the OG Black/White pair you posted. The left sides of both left and right pairs is the same colour, with the ASG pair it's only the medial (inner sides) that is the same colour.

At the end of the day you're technically right that both the OG & ASG pairs are mismatched, but we're just pointing out that the asymmetry of the OG colourway points to a 'cleaner' look that can be worn without looking foolish.
ok I see your point I guess I just don't agree with the nitpick, I def don't see it as anymore foolish than the og, imo the blues and the Halloweens(which I kinda like) are foolish bcuz they don't do the diff half colors on the shoe again IMHO, but its great to have these awesome debates thanks Vood99 and @trentbg  for the great convo and if you want foolish diff shoes try t-mac 3 ASG or Kobe 7 yellow purp one shoe one color, the other a complete diff color

Too much f#$KS are given about what others think about you. Say you're old but want to wear shoes from your youth. A walking contradiction. Wear what you want to wear and stop being so self conscious. As far as public opinion(especially from the younger generation) goes....we are all clowns for rocking Reeboks! LOL I'm gone. Peace

Love you guys but Too much f#$KS are given about what others think about you. Say you're old but want to wear shoes from your youth. A walking contradiction. Wear what you want to wear and stop being so self conscious. As far as public opinion(especially from the younger generation) goes....we are all clowns for rocking Reeboks! LOL I'm gone. Peace

Last edited:

Love you guys but Too much f#$KS are given about what others think about you. Say you're old but want to wear shoes from your youth. A walking contradiction. Wear what you want to wear and stop being so self conscious. As far as public opinion(especially from the younger generation) goes....we are all clowns for rocking Reeboks! LOL I'm gone. Peace
why did you quote yourself?

As an old dog (38y/o), the model itself is from my younger days, not the color. I identify with both o.g. colors. Not necessarily the ASG's. The og black and whites are more subtle. ASG's , not so much. Same with a lot of Reebok new retro colors. Do I like some of them? Sure. Would I wear them ? No. Love the Questions. Would I wear the joints with the pump? No. Plain and simple, some new colors are made with the intention of shock and awe. To me these have the borderline feel of the recent "WTF" Kobe, LeBron and KD models. I'm not too concerned with what the young cats think, I got 2 knuckleheads of my own who give me the business anyway. Frankly in this day and age, wearing Reebok is going against the grain already. The asg models go beyond that. Will it work for some? Sure. But not everyone. An NYC based color? Mets, Giants, Yankees, etc.....count me in. Even something te pay homage to MSG or the Rucker. No beefin' here, just difference of opinions.

Last edited:

As an old dog (38y/o), the model itself is from my younger days, not the color. I identify with both o.g. colors. Not necessarily the ASG's. The og black and whites are more subtle. ASG's , not so much. Same with a lot of Reebok new retro colors. Do I like some of them? Sure. Would I wear them ? No. Love the Questions. Would I wear the joints with the pump? No. Plain and simple, some new colors are made with the intention of shock and awe. To me these have the borderline feel of the recent "WTF" Kobe, LeBron and KD models. I'm not too concerned with what the young cats think, I got 2 knuckleheads of my own who give me the business anyway. Frankly in this day and age, wearing Reebok is going against the grain already. The asg models go beyond that. Will it work for some? Sure. But not everyone. An NYC based color? Mets, Giants, Yankees, etc.....count me in. Even something te pay homage to MSG or the Rucker. No beefin' here, just difference of opinions.
nike's group so far IMHO are the worse ASG in 4yrs atleast these will match both ASG jerseys, though not quite as elegant as the kami1 ASG IMHO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom