***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

solebox uses fedex for intl. fedex uses their own "fedex trade network" and those guys are worse than the postal service because they charge a "brokerage fee" in addition to the applicable customs duty. same with UPS. fedex trade network sends you a bill in the mail that comes after you get your delivery. UPS actually wants you to pay the money when they drop off your package. so actually i like fedex's handling better than UPS. for most sneakers i believe the duty is 20% of the value of the item, unless it's under $200, and marked as a gift, but i dont think they are. if you guys look at your fedex tracking, there is a link to the clearance sheet/customs form solebox filled out. and he wrote the retail value of the item on it.

Originally Posted by shoethentic

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by higuy

just outta curiosity, you guys that got the solebox omnis, did fed ex hit you with customs brokerage fees?

Nope, although maybe I'll get it later?  I know one time I rec'd a fed ex package overseas they charged me like 5 bucks but nothing so far

I was afraid of that.  I have been charged $55.00 for a $250.00 item in the past from FEDEX.  It took them about 3 weeks to send me a bill in the mail.  I asked solebox if they shipped using FEDEX and they told me they used UPS.  I get home and there is a notice on my door from Fedex.  Hopefully they did not declare a high value on the shipment and were gracious with the category they placed the shipment in. 

We will see....
If i get a bill for 55.00 for these i'll be PISSED 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by higuy

just outta curiosity, you guys that got the solebox omnis, did fed ex hit you with customs brokerage fees?

Nope, although maybe I'll get it later?  I know one time I rec'd a fed ex package overseas they charged me like 5 bucks but nothing so far

I was afraid of that.  I have been charged $55.00 for a $250.00 item in the past from FEDEX.  It took them about 3 weeks to send me a bill in the mail.  I asked solebox if they shipped using FEDEX and they told me they used UPS.  I get home and there is a notice on my door from Fedex.  Hopefully they did not declare a high value on the shipment and were gracious with the category they placed the shipment in. 

We will see....
laugh.gif

ES22s are so COPPED. I cant wait !  $140 seems kinda high though, considering the Answer IVs are only $115.

Hopefully Reebok has the Preacher Ice somewhere on there list of soon to be re-released shoes.

ES22s are so COPPED. I cant wait !  $140 seems kinda high though, considering the Answer IVs are only $115.

Hopefully Reebok has the Preacher Ice somewhere on there list of soon to be re-released shoes.

We will see....
laugh.gif

You are not the only one. But I have ordered multiple items from EndUK and SNS, and have never been hit with any custom fees. 

We will see....
laugh.gif

You are not the only one. But I have ordered multiple items from EndUK and SNS, and have never been hit with any custom fees. 

Back
Top Bottom