New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Kenyon Martin talking to Lakers and Nets.. For league minimum from both. Which he said he wouldn't sign for but seems he has no choice if he is going to play for a contender.. Which means Knicks are in the running as well.

:pimp:

Joel was basically blacklisted by FSN :lol:... he did get massively annoying in the last year though. He did do the I-dont-know-about-that "woa..." like every other possession.

For the vet. min., K-Mart would be great. W/ the Clipps last season, I thought he brought good energy & camaraderie (intangibles), and a few rebounds & putbacks (tangible stats).

Would welcome him if we grabbed him.

If.

imagine a locker room with

World Peace
K-Mart
Bynum

Shenanigans all day, lol

might as well sign Barnes and trade Blake for Nate to round it off

Also wanted to point out that someone (honestly don't remember who) said last week that they thought it was a very strong possibility that D12 would be dealt by the end of the week.

Well, last week has ended, and who is currently employing Dwight?

Same team that was employing him when someone said that they thought there was a very strong possibility that blah, blah, blah.

Which is why I take the "I believe what I see" approach to sports rosters. :lol:

this whole d12 talks has stopped

hope something happens after the olympics ( which means hope Lakers get him)

Cross Jodie Meeks off your list

"We're happy to talk, but we're not talking minimum for a guy like Jodie," Bauman told The Times in a phone interview on Monday. "He'll get more than the minimum wherever he signs."

Also cross off Barbosa... And possibly Kenyon Martin.. For same reason

Good. None of those guys are worthy. No rush right now. We have until February

:lol:

No we don't...

We have no picks.. And no trade-able assets (And before you say we traded Luke & Kapono for Sessions, it only happened because we gave a first rounder, same with Jordan Hill)... We have until September... To add a 6th-7th or 8th spot in the roster (I'm stating two guys, but someone to fill one of those 3 spots)..... And hope to god Dwight gets traded here, and brings in JRich as well.

If we go into the season with this team.. We will not win a title, QUOTE THOSE WORDS.. Unless Dwight & JRich are walking through the door (IFwe don't bring in 2 high quality bench players before the 1st game.) WE WILL NOT WIN A TITLE..

Last edited:
Well we're finally getting around to the time where teams can trade rookies. Hopefully things start coming together soon. We know Houston has rookies they can move in a 3 team deal. 

geez the more i watch kobe play without the ball, hes game gets uglier and uglier.

i think he only joined the olympic team to be around other olympians. dude has been beyond useless with the USA team. :lol:

geez the more i watch kobe play without the ball, hes game gets uglier and uglier.
i think he only joined the olympic team to be around other olympians. dude has been beyond useless with the USA team. :lol:

This is what I'm afraid for next season. Kobe having to operate without the ball

:smh: This season is gonna suck for us I think kobe retires after this season and drew walks cuz we are not winning the chip or getting dwight

Can we wait until the season to start to deem Kobe "useless". I mean look at the players he's surrounded with on team USA, what does he have to prove on that team?

Can we wait until the season to start to deem Kobe "useless". I mean look at the players he's surrounded with on team USA, what does he have to prove on that team?

:lol: Exactly! Dudes thinking he suppose to be #1 option.

Dude is a 17 year veteran. He don't gotta do ****... plus we all know why he's there. Olympic Village :smokin

Boss... Bynum is not leaving if we don't get Dwight.. Even though there hasn't been any discussions between Mitch and Drew, his agent already said that Drew wants to play in LA, and he would even sign an extension (reason he would here, is because if he does for 3 years at a max, he comes out of the contract with the ability to sign an even bigger 5 year contract because he'd be 10 year veteran... AND Kobe isn't going to retire after this season barring any unforeseen injuries.

What pisses me off about ths the most.. Is the FO is squabbling over a $3mil mini-Mid Level Exception because it carries an extra $3mil tax.

I got a commen sense idea.. Sign Barbosa to a 2 year deal at the mini-MidLevel.. Then immediately trade Goudelock or anyone not important to us.

Trade Blake for a Second Rounder who isn't NBA ready.. (We'd then be almost $1mil less in salaries. $2mil less luxury tax)

or trade Goudelock who isn't improving for nothing ($762 x 2 = $1.524mil less of lux tax.. Which means Barbosa was basically signed for $2.24mil in theory, even though he actually signed for $3mil).. Total plus lux tax is $4.48mil..

or trade Eyenga who won't get significant minutes in the next 2 years anyway ($1.174 x 2 = $2.348) Which would mean Barbosa theoretically signed for $1.826, and the luxury tax brings the total to $3.652 in total.

Or trade them both and it would be like you signed him for the minimum of $1.1 mil

Barbosa at $3mil is a HUGE STEAL.

And continue to look at Kenyon Martin

Since Blake is not likely to be traded, FOR NOW run the rotation like this
Nash (28)/ Blake (12)/ Morris ( 8 )
Kobe (33)/ Barbosa (15)
Metta (26) / Jamison (9) / Ebanks (11)
Pau (34) / Jamison (14)
Bynum (34) / Hill (14)

or you could even give Blake a couple more or a couple less. Eliminate Morris from the rotation and give Barbosa 5-10more minutes playing PG

Last edited:
Boss... Bynum is not leaving if we don't get Dwight.. Even though there hasn't been any discussions between Mitch and Drew, his agent already said that Drew wants to play in LA, and he would even sign an extension (reason he would here, is because if he does for 3 years at a max, he comes out of the contract with the ability to sign an even bigger 5 year contract because he'd be 10 year veteran... AND Kobe isn't going to retire after this season barring any unforeseen injuries.
What pisses me off about ths the most.. Is the FO is squabbling over a $3mil mini-Mid Level Exception because it carries an extra $3mil tax.
I got a commen sense idea.. Sign Barbosa to a 2 year deal at the mini-MidLevel.. Then immediately trade Goudelock or anyone not important to us.
Trade Blake for a Second Rounder who isn't NBA ready.. (We'd then be almost $1mil less in salaries. $2mil less luxury tax)
or trade Goudelock who isn't improving for nothing ($762 x 2 = $1.524mil less of lux tax.. Which means Barbosa was basically signed for $2.24mil in theory, even though he actually signed for $3mil).. Total plus lux tax is $4.48mil..
or trade Eyenga who won't get significant minutes in the next 2 years anyway ($1.174 x 2 = $2.348) Which would mean Barbosa theoretically signed for $1.826, and the luxury tax brings the total to $3.652 in total.
Or trade them both and it would be like you signed him for the minimum of $1.1 mil
Barbosa at $3mil is a HUGE STEAL.
And continue to look at Kenyon Martin
Since Blake is not likely to be traded, FOR NOW run the rotation like this
Nash (28)/ Blake (12)/ Morris ( 8 )
Kobe (33)/ Barbosa (15)
Metta (26) / Jamison (9) / Ebanks (11)
Pau (34) / Jamison (14)
Bynum (34) / Hill (14)
or you could even give Blake a couple more or a couple less. Eliminate Morris from the rotation and give Barbosa 5-10more minutes playing PG

the sounds like the best option right now

It's so frustrating seeing roster scenarios on here. :lol:

It's frustrating seeing Essential's scenarios because they usually make so much sense that I want to point to his post and look at the Lakers and go "So uh, what's the hold up?" >:

It's frustrating seeing [almost] everyone else's because there's usually some huge impossibility, like trying to dump Walton for Wade, or our 30mil player + a bunch of scrubs for a perennial All Star, or something ridiculous. :lol:

Last edited:
It's so frustrating seeing roster scenarios on here. :lol:
It's frustrating seeing Essential's scenarios because they usually make so much sense that I want to point to his post and look at the Lakers and go "So uh, what's the hold up?"
It's frustrating seeing [almost] everyone else's because there's usually done huge impossibility, like trying to dump Walton for Wade, or our 30mil player + a bunch of scrubs for a perennial All Star, or something ridiculous.

Think about how you feel.. Then add in my feelings because I always think of it.. :frown:

It really is pissing me off that they won't sign someone because they are worried about an extra $3mil.. First of all it's the Lakers, not the Bobcats and we make almost $200mil alone on TV anyways a year :lol:

When common sense says start trading our young guys to lessen the tax burden. Hell Eyenga who may get 200 minutes total in the next 2 years would cut luxury tax on Barbosa 40% if you trade Eyenga for nothing. He's a young guy making $1.174, he's a project but for nothing a team will take him.

Edit: Another thing about Barbosa... He's going into his 10th year.. So if we signed him for minimum it would be $1.352mil.. With luxury tax it is $2.704mil. That's 45% of the cost if we signed Barbosa to miniMLE. And let's say we trade Eyenga for nothing.. No player, no picks. Just dump him for a $1mil TPE and let it expire. $1.174 x 2 = $2.348mil

6 - 2.704 = $3.296........... $3.296 - $2.348 = $948K. So by signing Barbosa to a mini-MLE. And trading Eyenga for a TPE, it is like we signed Barbosa for $474K above the Veteran minimum based on the extra cap hit..

And by using the miniMLE we are not out of the Dwight running. We still have an expiring McBob and a few young guys like Goudelock who are 1 year deals, so we could take on JRich.. Common sense says trade Eyenga now, and sign up Barbosa for mini-MLE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom