new Sony PIIQ Headphones..UPDATE:mini review pg.3

man, ive been wanting these piiq headphones mainly because they are really good at their price points, but i just can't see myself wearing the neon ones around

man, ive been wanting these piiq headphones mainly because they are really good at their price points, but i just can't see myself wearing the neon ones around

Do any of these newfangled, nice headphones come in pink
laugh.gif
i need new ones

my ultimate ears super.fi 5 Bass headphones just got a short in them($200) im gonna try to get them replaced with my warrenty but im gonna look into these while i wait for those to get replaced.

i dont think anything will replace my ultimate ears tho. they would be perfect if they didnt short out.

my ultimate ears super.fi 5 Bass headphones just got a short in them($200) im gonna try to get them replaced with my warrenty but im gonna look into these while i wait for those to get replaced.

i dont think anything will replace my ultimate ears tho. they would be perfect if they didnt short out.

Props for the review. How do you think they'll fare on the wear and tear in the long run? They remind me of the Skullcandy Lowriders. For the price I loved them but they were flimsy as hell and the wire was down right garbage. Lasted me probably four months.

Gonna check out the specs though.

Props for the review. How do you think they'll fare on the wear and tear in the long run? They remind me of the Skullcandy Lowriders. For the price I loved them but they were flimsy as hell and the wire was down right garbage. Lasted me probably four months.

Gonna check out the specs though.

I think im gonna look into these. Have never needed over the ear type head phones only ear buds for working out. but now that im in college im walking every where and have been thinking i could really put them to use. I'm broke so those new intruging dre beats headphones are way outa my price range.

Thanks for the review ima check these out.

I think im gonna look into these. Have never needed over the ear type head phones only ear buds for working out. but now that im in college im walking every where and have been thinking i could really put them to use. I'm broke so those new intruging dre beats headphones are way outa my price range.

Thanks for the review ima check these out.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I wanted to get the black triquiis ($30) today..and they said they had them in stock on the website but they weren't on the floor. I asked a girl in the department and her airheaded +!$ couldn't even find them in the stock room although they were in inventory..
indifferent.gif
They only had the black/neon Giiqs ($50) on the floor that I originally posted. Copped em.

I'm listening to them right now and I really like them so far.
(I'm not very a headphones guru so be patient with my lil mini review..and if you have more questions just ask
smile.gif
)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Build: [/color]They're built VERY well..they feel solid (esp compared to the beats solo and studios I
tried..I cant believe how cheap those feel like how most people are
reporting..like they can easily crack). Anyways the flat cord is
pimp.gif
..very sleek.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Comfort: [/color]The cushion at the top feels like a pillow and the ear cushions feel great too..I can see myself wearing these for a few hours without them starting to hurt.

Sound: The sound is very good..it didn't have deep rumbling bass in the rap songs I listened to, but it was definitely nice.
(It's noted in the specs of the cheaper $30 Triiqs that those are the ones that have deep bass so I might pick those up too soon to see).
The sound is crisp and doesn't distort when you crank up the volume. I was mostly impressed by how they play R&B joints.
Also they cancel outside noise pretty well.

Price: $50 well spent..esp compared to the Beats Solos that I originally wanted ($180)..and also the (ugly) Skullcandy Skullcrushers I tried ($70)

Verdict: Go get them or the cheaper Triiqs if you're looking for a reasonably priced pair of comfortable headphones.

sony-piiq-giiq-review-08.jpg

Same model..not my pic.

Still....

I wanted to get the black triquiis ($30) today..and they said they had them in stock on the website but they weren't on the floor. I asked a girl in the department and her airheaded +!$ couldn't even find them in the stock room although they were in inventory..
indifferent.gif
They only had the black/neon Giiqs ($50) on the floor that I originally posted. Copped em.

I'm listening to them right now and I really like them so far.
(I'm not very a headphones guru so be patient with my lil mini review..and if you have more questions just ask
smile.gif
)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Build: [/color]They're built VERY well..they feel solid (esp compared to the beats solo and studios I
tried..I cant believe how cheap those feel like how most people are
reporting..like they can easily crack). Anyways the flat cord is
pimp.gif
..very sleek.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Comfort: [/color]The cushion at the top feels like a pillow and the ear cushions feel great too..I can see myself wearing these for a few hours without them starting to hurt.

Sound: The sound is very good..it didn't have deep rumbling bass in the rap songs I listened to, but it was definitely nice.
(It's noted in the specs of the cheaper $30 Triiqs that those are the ones that have deep bass so I might pick those up too soon to see).
The sound is crisp and doesn't distort when you crank up the volume. I was mostly impressed by how they play R&B joints.
Also they cancel outside noise pretty well.

Price: $50 well spent..esp compared to the Beats Solos that I originally wanted ($180)..and also the (ugly) Skullcandy Skullcrushers I tried ($70)

Verdict: Go get them or the cheaper Triiqs if you're looking for a reasonably priced pair of comfortable headphones.

sony-piiq-giiq-review-08.jpg

Same model..not my pic.

Still....

roll.gif
dude said the ipod headphones were good, his opinion can not be taken seriously. they look comfortable but i bet they sound like !@*#.

roll.gif
dude said the ipod headphones were good, his opinion can not be taken seriously. they look comfortable but i bet they sound like !@*#.

alchemist.. seriously
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bro hammerhead, this is a thread about the PIIQs..yes you're entitled to your opinion and you can say whatever whenever..but nobody cares about your opinion if

you have no interest in buying them and you've never owned them. I'm glad you love your $200+ headphones
ThumbsUp.gif
. Have fun with them.kbye

Jehlers02, no prob..that's my whole point of this post. Not a lot of people have seen/heard of these and they might be a nice reasonably priced alternative to Beats or other headphones.

Mccheesy thanks and I think they will last longer than skullcandy skullcrushers (I tried those out in Best Buy)..all of my Sony headphones have always lasted me a long time..so definitely check them out.. p.s. the flat wire is very sleek and has been holding up nicely.

alchemist.. seriously
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bro hammerhead, this is a thread about the PIIQs..yes you're entitled to your opinion and you can say whatever whenever..but nobody cares about your opinion if

you have no interest in buying them and you've never owned them. I'm glad you love your $200+ headphones
ThumbsUp.gif

Jehlers02, no prob..that's my whole point of this post. Not a lot of people have seen/heard of these and they might be a nice reasonably priced alternative to Beats or other headphones.

Mccheesy thanks and I think they will last longer than skullcandy skullcrushers (I tried those out in Best Buy)..all of my Sony headphones have always lasted me a long time..so definitely check them out.. p.s. the flat wire is very sleek and has been holding up nicely.

alchemist.. seriously
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

I've listen to the piiq from my co-workers at best buy. Its a gimmick product to intise average young consumers with fun and fruity colors and keep it midly inexpensive. Sound quailty is trash, even if your playing with a Hi-quality recorded song at 320kbs with a good mp3 player. Quality terrible, feels likeits going to break in my hands. Style is unsophisticated, you look like air traffic controler with joints on.

*disclamer*
I dont own these headphones never will want to waste my money, when there are better alternatives at the same price point. You cant tell me bye i leave when i wana leave.

Back
Top Bottom