New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

The cops identity has been revealed, the pics are out...saw it on the news last night prior to bed.

Sue him, definitely....don't disagree at all.
Has he made a statement to the public or to the family that he ruined yet?

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

first time seeing this and sorry I didnt have time to go threw the thread but I have 2 questions

1. where exactly was the kid shot at? was his death instant??

2. whats the update on the cop's situation??????????????????????????/

Originally Posted by early90s

The cops identity has been revealed, the pics are out...saw it on the news last night prior to bed.

i doubt he's had time to make a statement. I read some article saying that he is being moved in secret every couple of hours. It is definitelynot safe for him anywhere near Oakland now that they've released his picture

Originally Posted by ericberry14

i doubt he's had time to make a statement. I read some article saying that he is being moved in secret every couple of hours. It is definitely not safe for him anywhere near Oakland now that they've released his picture
Haven't read that he's being moved so often, but it wouldn't shock me, either. No, he hasn't been out publicly yet. He resignedfrom BART to avoid IA and who knows how long he'll drag the rest of the process out. Obviously these actions don't bode well, which I certainlyrealize.

i doubt he's had time to make a statement. I read some article saying that he is being moved in secret every couple of hours. It is definitely not safe for him anywhere near Oakland now that they've released his picture
Haven't read that he's being moved so often, but it wouldn't shock me, either. No, he hasn't been out publicly yet. He resigned from BART to avoid IA and who knows how long he'll drag the rest of the process out. Obviously these actions don't bode well, which I certainly realize.
i just think the fact that he has yet to make a statement about the whole incident is a very telling sign. why wouldnt he want his side of thestory to be told in this matter.

Fruitvale - BART station (train, transit...regional line)

Oakland, CA

The man was from Hayward, CA.

Not sure the residence of the cop.

Bay Area, CA for reference.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

it looked like an accident by the way he looked shocked and put his hand on his head as if he said "what did i just do!?"

also people saying he thought it was his taser

accidents do happen...would the right way be charging him with murder?

you're right it did look like an accident, you could tell by his reaction after it happened. I don't think he ever intended to shoot him. But thatdoesn't change the fact that he killed him. There was NO reason for him to take his gun out. NONE whatsoever. The guy was already handcuffed and was thethe ground and was NO threat. If anything you taze him but not pull out your gun! This is murder.

kinda scary that cops can kill ppl for no reason and get away with it

they better make an example of this dude and give him the lethal injection so cops can finally calm the @$%# down with their power trips
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

it looked like an accident by the way he looked shocked and put his hand on his head as if he said "what did i just do!?"

you're right it did look like an accident, you could tell by his reaction after it happened. I don't think he ever intended to shoot him. But that doesn't change the fact that he killed him. There was NO reason for him to take his gun out. NONE whatsoever. The guy was already handcuffed and was the the ground and was NO threat. If anything you taze him but not pull out your gun! This is murder.
he wasnt handcuffed at the time he shot him. they handcuffed him after they shot him & then took the cuffs off before the media got thereapparently

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

You guys might think I'm crazy, but I don't give a !*%+. I just blazed some and I'm sayin' that a good way to see if he's guilty is to find out who he voted for in the presidential election. That would be a tell-tale sign (atleast for me) in the case had he voted McCain.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

you're right it did look like an accident, you could tell by his reaction after it happened. I don't think he ever intended to shoot him. But that doesn't change the fact that he killed him. There was NO reason for him to take his gun out. NONE whatsoever. The guy was already handcuffed and was the the ground and was NO threat. If anything you taze him but not pull out your gun! This is murder.
he wasnt handcuffed at the time he shot him. they handcuffed him after they shot him & then took the cuffs off before the media got there apparently

ok well whether he was cuffed or not he was already on the ground with a cop's knee on his neck. Whether or not he meant to pull out his tazer he stillmurdered the guy. I do agree it was an accident because you can tell by his expressions right after shooting but like I said that doesn't change the factthat what happened is murder no matter how you look at it.

I don't see what is so shocking about this.

Lets just say an 8 figure settlement will soon be approaching.

Crank Lucas:
first time seeing this and sorry I didnt have time to go threw the thread but I have 2 questions

2. whats the update on the cop's situation??????????????????????????
#1. He was shot in the back, the bullet penetrated his lung, eventually killing him; no, not instantly.

#2. Cop's in hiding. We're all waiting for the excuse BART is going to give to cover up the cop's murder.

#2. Cop's in hiding. We're all waiting for the excuse BART is going to give to cover up the cop's murder.
Yup, and I'm not surprised it's taking so long for them to get their story right....because at the end of the day, there's no excusefor this.

And after watching the video again and again, here's what may have happened: I've read a few articles on that and more than one has said that OscarGrant may have not even been involved in the fight on the BART train. One of those articles said that he may have been actually trying to break the fight up.So I'm guessing that the BART police took him off the train too and were trying to arrest him, and he wasn't havin' that because he wasn't eveninvolved in the fight (if that part is true). That's when he got up from the floor, and they started beating him or whatever (BTW, what exactly ishappening, can anybody clearly see? Are they pushing him into that concrete wall? One cop looked like he took some type of swing?). One minute later dude isshot. 7 hours later his life is over.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

These excuses lazyJ is giving are moot...criminals with badges are trained to "uphold" the law in many situations...primarily, one having to do withcrowds...all this b.s. about worrying about the crowds is non sense... theres only a microscopic % of people who would rush a cop... they're trained forriots, etc. The man was face down with a knee on his neck..cold blooded murder...and to add fuel to the fire...the officer had to unholster and pull off safetybefore he let off a shot...the video clearly shows he pulled it out and bam

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Crank Lucas:

2. whats the update on the cop's situation??????????????????????????
#1. He was shot in the back, the bullet penetrated his lung, eventually killing him; no, not instantly.

they've already made their excuse known, he "thought" that he had pulled his tazer. Im sure they're also going to talk about howhe was under incredible stress due to his girlfriend's pregnancy & that contributed to this. at the end of the day, he will get off with a slap on thewrist.

Anybody actually feel sorry for the cop a little bit? I'm just saying that because I believe the whole taser mistake.

I mean, how CAN you live knowing that you killed a man? I'd probably commit suicide.

I also heard in the news he's been receiving death threats all over, plus his family as well is in danger.

I feel bad for both sides. This sucks man really...

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Anybody actually feel sorry for the cop a little bit? I'm just saying that because I believe the whole taser mistake.

I mean, how CAN you live knowing that you killed a man? I'd probably commit suicide.

I also heard in the news he's been receiving death threats all over, plus his family as well is in danger.

I feel bad for both sides. This sucks man really...
In a word, NO.

Its a real shame this happened. It makes me sick to watch this video when I first saw it on Channel 2 KTVU I was amazed how you can tell the cop had no ideawhat he just did and then to hear the BART POLICE OFFICER WAS ONLY WITH THEM FOR 2 YEARS pathetic for a rookie cop to take out a gun for no reason even if hethought it was a taser gun he didn't have to use any force at all the guy was already laying down

Back
Top Bottom