New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We played the number one defense without or starting RB, staring LT and starting LG. That’s what happened. Our defense on the other hand……can’t tackle to save their life.

by far and away 3 best teams in NFC are 49ers philly dallas - we cant hang with those teams, just wont be happening this year.....

gotta beat the teams that are in our range of talent - gotta beat seahawks -

defense looks way worse this year.....last year it wasnt great, teams moved the ball well on us, but we got key stops in red zone...

Thing is we hung with them until the 4th quarter. By no means did it look pretty, but it was within 1 score until midway in the 4th. The tackling on defense though and the our inability to make a stop on 3rd down.

💔-L this one.

NY football is in shambles.

Buffalo doesn’t get any credit either for barely escaping the wrath of Tyrod Taylor.

losers dont get calls, its been that way since cavemen days

would have been a nice win

from couch to playing LT - unreal how this team banked on having AT fully healthy - how is a guard the back up LT.....I could understand if it was a starting LG that slides to LT

does anyone realize that the guy who played the most snaps through first 6 games at LT was a guy who couldnt win one of 2 starting guard spots. a guy who missed all of last year. a guy who was a guard in college...pathetic

listen to smart guy(Austin Gayle) talk about DJ pressures (bill simmons podcast Friday 10/13/23) 104.30 mark

Daniel Jones has been pressured 2nd highest rate of any QB over last 10 years

I think
Back up LG that couldn’t crack the starting line up kind of plays into this.

I think its def also coaching issue..... neal this off season did study work with Willie Anderson. some guys are just in the wrong spot.....our coaching? yes something is def wrong, but AT was a top tackle last season ...when AT comes back, the move should be pugh or someone else at RT and Neal in to guard so we can see if thats an option.

back to coaching - pats - one of the most underrated not talked about ENOUGH was their legendary Oline coach Scarnechia - he took bums avg players and made them good/great for their system. and no bill did not find him, he was already there many years before bill.

Oline wasnt good last year either but wasnt this bad and at least we had a great player on the Line to game plan with

Do I think Brock Prudy is better than DJ? NO!

But my fears may be right about DJ, for me he has the same arm talent as joe burrow.....but its not just arm talent alone - its confidence, its smarts of reading defense and understanding how to attack the defense and protect possession by seeing the D and understanding damn likely i'm going to get sacked here...let me look here real quick then go to my 2nd read if hes not open then I just throw It away.

Last edited:
I have nothing bad to say about AT. But out of all the linemen they’ve drafted for the past decade, he’s the only one that has actually panned out. We’re not getting any solid contributions from the middle round linemen we’ve drafted during that time either. I believe and have been saying Neal should have been moved to guard. He’s way too big of a guy and the leagues smaller Edge rushers are feasting off of him.

When I’ve watched DJ this season, he has reminded me of David Carr during the Texan high sack/hit/pressure seasons that took away any potential of Carr being a good starting QB. He’s gun-shy in the pocket, and it’s hard to show any confidence/smarts in the pocket when your QB clock is literally all over the place. Hard to show confidence or smarts in the pocket when your pressured immediately.

I’ve been fine with moving off of DJ for a generational QB like Caleb Williams or someone in the draft, but is that going to solve the terrible Oline play we’ve seen? The Oline has been bad for a decade and the majority of picks haven’t panned out. Not to mention, the lack of starters or contributions from the mid round linemen we’ve picked. That has to be fixed/improved this offseason whether we move off of DJ or not, otherwise we’ll be repeating the same predicament we’re currently experiencing.

That’s actually been my main defense with DJ. The organization hasn’t done a whole lot of favors to help him. Bad oline, hurt Saquon and no other weapons one year. Improved oline play, no weapons another year, and no weapons but absolute terrible/abysmal oline play this year. We are nots situation where many (maybe any) would thrive.

I had work so I couldn't watch the game but watching the recap on YouTube and then reading Giants Reddit. This sounds like an atrocious and embarrassing game

Shout-out to Saquon and Kayvon

Kayvon showed out yesterday. Defense held us down the whole game but the offense did us no favors.

I'm so tired of seeing bad offensive line play. almost a decade of this and little to zero improvement. Yes Tyrod helped improve the offense some but he is ultimately a better/more accurate passer when on the run/scrambling outside the pocket. You keep your 3rd string QB who's had plenty of reps within this system, yet you refuse to offer any plays more than 8 yards down field is absolutely terrible. 7 passing attempts with two completions. Had Saquon rush over 30 times. Why have him on the roster if you have no faith in him. No QB with our line play would see any kind of success as of now. Generational or not.

Khafka's play calling this year though has absolutely mind boggling. 3 straight passes in the flat to Saquon inside your own 20? He's left a lot to be desired this year.

Khafka's play calling this year though has absolutely mind boggling. 3 straight passes in the flat to Saquon inside your own 20? He's left a lot to be desired this year.

YES - I wonder what his partnership with dabes is like.....i'm was very surprised first time head coach gave this offense to a first time coordinator last year....wonder if he regrets it...

tank for Harrison....yea I would love to get the caleb at 1 but we have no shot at him.....getting the 4-6 pick should get us Harrison

turns out we should have gotten hopkins instead of waller :frown: drafted a TE in 2nd round or 3rd round....would have def been better off

crazy season....went from playoff win to top 3 pick.....dont recall a season like this ever....

I was worried about this guy being injury prone.....neck injuries is always always a big issue....now knee....

could see us losing every game here on out.....a week ago I was looking at the season damn, we could have been 4-4 and now we might win 2 games all season

Back
Top Bottom