New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joey! man does not rest!

Loved Simmons coming out of college - too talented to be a bust - right spot right coach kid could be a star for us. hopefully we strike gold here

IMG_8671.jpeg

Yeah except the Osi and Mario. Those were gifts and were purchased from Steiner Sports soooo who knows if that’s legit.

I’m trying to figure out whose I get next. Either Banks or Carson. Def want to get Strahan.

I’m trying to figure out whose I get next. Either Banks or Carson. Def want to get Strahan.

Was gonna have Shanahan sign my authentic Giants helmet at an event my wife worked at but then Covid hit and it was cancelled.

Trying to get LT to sign it since my father in law knows his brother and a close friend.

1-0 would be so huge.....if we jump out to 1-0 I doubt we dip below 500 all season

hopefully waller plays and plays well. if he is really hurt maybe best to sit him

Hard to get any rhythm or anything going when the offensive line outside of Thomas looks like Swiss cheese.

Hard to get any rhythm or anything going when the offensive line outside of Thomas looks like Swiss cheese.

even AT - first drive false start put us to go for FG then FG blocked for 6 -

down 16-0 just gave them all the fuel they needed to be super aggressive - their talent is much better than ours and now you give them a 16-0 lead no way hold them off

Not only must we beat he cards we better look damn good doing so....

even AT - first drive false start put us to go for FG then FG blocked for 6 -

down 16-0 just gave them all the fuel they needed to be super aggressive - their talent is much better than ours and now you give them a 16-0 lead no way hold them off

Not only must we beat he cards we better look damn good doing so....
Saw that Jones was sacked 7 times and had 12 QB hits outside of those sacks. Meaning he was hit/sacked on 19 of 35 passing plays, so 54% of the time. That also doesn't include normal pressures or plays where he had to scramble or run.

That o-line play was eerily reminiscent of early Texan David Carr days. For the life of me, I can't understand how the offensive line hasn't really made significant improvements outside of Thomas. I know the center is a rookie and expect some growing pains early, but Neal was the top ranked tackle in that draft and has made zero progress and looks completely lost out there. He looks beat the second he gets off the ball.

Saw that Jones was sacked 7 times and had 12 QB hits outside of those sacks. Meaning he was hit/sacked on 19 of 35 passing plays, so 54% of the time. That also doesn't include normal pressures or plays where he had to scramble or run.

That o-line play was eerily reminiscent of early Texan David Carr days. For the life of me, I can't understand how the offensive line hasn't really made significant improvements outside of Thomas. I know the center is a rookie and expect some growing pains early, but Neal was the top ranked tackle in that draft and has made zero progress and looks completely lost out there. He looks beat the second he gets off the ball.

AT has bum hammy :frown:

I saw somewhere DJ was pressured 75% of the time

yea I just hope it was perfect storm of crap events - their D made great plays, breaks went their way and boom up 16-0 - d with great front 7 up 16?? they are going to feast - if we would have scored drive 1 7 points and got a pick 6 - completely different game for us - O & D

Neal is key - can't play like that every week. its early hopefully we can get a few wins next few weeks

gotta win 2 of 3 next games

Last edited:
insane that we almost lost this game - and it might have cost us barkley for a few weeks because of it
short week is not a good look vs a strong 9ers team - might as well just rest AT and if waller is hurt give him a break also

Hyatt's 2nd catch is what above avg WRs do., they go get the ball - slayton does not have that ability - he does not make that catch. by or after the seahawks game I bet he is completely off the field

You hate to be ok with a player getting hurt, but Bredesen getting a concussion might have been a big help on that oline. He’s been absolutely horrific at guard. When he came out the oline somewhat came alive and did a better job than the first half.

I think Neal may be better suited for Guard than he is Tackle. He’s a big dude and it just seems the smaller edge rushers are just too quick. He started out as a guard/or at least spent significant time at that position at Alabama, so he can play it. That may need to be a look at some point this season if he can’t turn it around.

I’m not sure Slayton comes off the field. He’s somewhat turned himself in a reliable option for DJ. It may unfortunately be Shepard. Especially when Wandale comes back too.

yea Neal just might not have it - but something was off that first half maybe they were still knocked out by the cowboys

60-0 to open season is insane!!

Been checked out of all things footieball but the weather has turned.

Hopefully so has the outlook on the szn after that 60-0 deficit to get things going.

Rest Saquan, rest. They really should be looking for a complimentary back or 2.

We should have never been down... The comeback was great... Losing Barkley sucked. Hopefully it's a speedy recovery

Evan Neal = Ereck Flowers with “good” work ethic. The crazy thing is, Evan Neal is STILL going to be a liability, regardless of how much work he puts in…I just don’t believe in him, hes wayy too stiff|l
I was spot on about Jaylin Hyatt…but more importantly, I was spot on about Evan Neal (even, though this wasn’t that difficult to predict). Evan Neal (6’7, 340lbs) is essentially the right tackle version of Ereck Flowers (6’6, 330lbs). A hyped big for nothing lineman that just can’t get right. Trade him for whatever you can get and move on. Tired of seeing this big, fat idiot get beat every damn down. It’s ridiculous how that fat **** needs a TE to help him out on blocks. We’re never going to consistently get the ball down the field if the entire right side of our line keep letting everybody through like this. :smh:|l

Back
Top Bottom