NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Yeah you're probably right Mez, about the Wilpons intervening, it makes sense after Kevin said that Jerry essentially said earlier that Maine wasn't going back to the rotation. It's really bad baseball, though, to thrust this guy into the rotation when he has no velocity to go along with his lack of off-speed and breaking pitches. Especially when the other 5 guys in the rotation are doing a fantastic job. I personally never want to see John Maine and Oliver Perez pitch another game for the Mets. They're attitudes and inabilities to be successful is enough for me. You would think one of them would figure something out to be successful. Shniese added the cutter, Big Pelf the splitter, and John Maine...still throwing that batting practice fastball that would get rocked in the Little League World Series.

I don't really understand why Maine is going back into the rotation... maybe he should get another shot if Takahashi or Dickey started struggling but as of right now its fine the way it is.

indifferent.gif
@ that low pitch below the knees being a called strike 3, what a joke.

Tatis has been worthless. Maine might have reinjured himself again. Time to cut these two and get legitimate replacements.

I'm very satisfied with both moves. Parnell gives them a fresh hard throwing arm out of the pen and Mejia can work on his secondary stuff, and if he need be, could be recalled up in late August with hopefully more refined stuff.

Mejia says he wants to be the next Pedro Martinez. I love this kid's balls (Pause), he's going to be a stud once he harnesses his secondary stuff and dominates that change up that K-Rod taught him.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Mejia says he wants to be the next Pedro Martinez. I love this kid's balls (Pause), he's going to be a stud once he harnesses his secondary stuff and dominates that change up that K-Rod taught him.
I agree.  Definitely the right move, I wish it had been done sooner but whatever. 

Single A-ball starting Thursday, getting Beltran going after the break and if we can add a front line starter.....it can put us over the top for this division and we can go far. Another lefty in the pen would be nice as well, we shall see.

[h2]Carlos Beltran to Start Rehab Games on Thursday[/h2]
June 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm · 129 comments

by Matthew Cerrone

ok, this is awesome… but, i don’t want to get too excited… for starters, so much can and will happen before he gets to a point where he can be promoted… step one is clearance, step two is starting slow in games… in a week or so, when he starts to amp it up, then it will be time to start talking seriously about what happens to playing time for Angel Pagan and Jeff Francoeur, and whether someone is expendable in a trade… i can’t help and think the timing of this all has to do with information regarding the trade deadline…

Original Post at 4:00 PM,
by TED BERG

Omar Minaya spoke to reporters today to discuss Carlos Beltran’s situation.

Beltran will begin a rehab assignment Thursday in Port St. Lucie. According to Minaya, Beltran ran the bases well in extended Spring Training, and after conferring with the staff, the team determined the next step for Beltran is live game action.

Beltran is still running with a slight limp, though Minaya said it’s due to the brace he wears on his knee to run and that there’s no noticeable limp when Beltran walks without the brace.

images
The Mets still see Beltran as a center fielder, and Beltran wants to play center field. Minaya praised the job Angel Pagan has done in Beltran’s stead and said that divvying up playing time between the outfielders will be up to Jerry Manuel.

Once Beltran starts playing in rehab games, he has a 20-day window in which to return to the Major League club.

That means Beltran will rejoin the Mets immediately following the All-Star Break, assuming he starts playing rehab games Thursday.

If the 20-day rehab window expires and he is not yet ready to join the Mets, Beltran will need to approve further time in the Minors.

Minaya also said John Maine is seeking a second opinion on his shoulder today.

[h2]Johan, Pelf and K-Rod Want a Front-Line Pitcher[/h2]
June 22, 2010 at 9:37 am · 81 comments

by Matthew Cerrone

According to Peter Botte of the Daily News, Mike Pelfrey, Johan Santana and Francisco Rodriguez all want to see the Mets acquire a front-line starting pitcher before the July 31 Trade Deadline.

“We’ve been playing great, but to go out and add a guy like (Roy Oswalt or Cliff Lee), it might put us over the top,

Just got back at the end of the 5th inning...11 runs? Damn, could've used a few of those on Saturday and Sunday. I guess Niese didn't have a great start either but (knock on wood) it's one of those days we could afford it.

Neise did have to sit out for an hr plus, then sit out during that long inning.

Good win tonight.

Yeah, I didn't find that out til afterward, I thought the start was delayed. That's understandable then, but either way it was good to see the offense get back on track and then some.

I love the way Pagan and Reyes are playing. It's going to be really interesting to see how Beltran responds, and if he does and hits well, that would really open things up to add that big pitcher. I wonder if Seattle would take Beltran and a couple of lesser (still good) prospects for Lee.

RA Dickey pitched great! I love his breaking balls. Sick! Jose Reyes is on fire. He’s now batting .435 since June 8 by the way…

Great game...too bad I passed out from innings 3-8. Didn't even know my friends wandered around the park for three innings while leaving me alone like a homeless man.
Anyway, I know some of you might be interested in this t-shirt:

ddj39h.jpg

I have two size L and one XXL. A local artist designed them and I bought 10 of them for my friends...3 of them backed out. The shirts are great quality as is the printing. I believe the printing was done out in some well-known L.I. printing spot, where Supreme, Mishka, ONLY, and other notable designers get their stuff done.

I'm only looking to recoup what I paid for them - $25 a piece. Asking price is $25 plus shipping. I posted these in B/S but I think it'd be better off here. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom