New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

Who exactly does one hire to audit a baseball organization? The Braves?
Don’t know how this is going to work, seems weird, what are they actually auditing? I’m sure everyone’s analytics data people do things a little differently and in analytics data what’s right or wrong to be audited?

Don’t know how this is going to work, seems weird, what are they actually auditing? I’m sure everyone’s analytics data people do things a little differently and in analytics data what’s right or wrong to be audited?
Yea it's confusing to me. It's hard to audit something when there's no "right" way to do it all. Everyone does it different and finds different routes to success. I mean analytics are all the same, it's just numbers. How you process those and build off those is the difference. There's no book on how that's done, everyone is trying to gain an advantage.

I feel like you have “new school” manager with an analytical team but an “old school” GM, it’s hard to see that working out in the long run. Now If you flip it and have a “newer school” GM with an analytical team with and “older school” minded manager it would work out a little better in the long run.

I feel like you have “new school” manager with an analytical team but an “old school” GM, it’s hard to see that working out in the long run. Now If you flip it and have a “newer school” GM with an analytical team with and “older school” minded manager it would work out a little better in the long run.
Cashman is pretty new school on most things. Where he lags behind is signing young guys to long deals, like Acuna and Franco type deals. We should be looking to sign guys like Dominguez now, not when they hit FA and we have to overpay to keep them.

Don’t know why it popped in my head but If Peraza keeps hitting I can see us trading Gleyber so we don’t have to pay him and have Peraza and DJ man 2nd and 3rd until they figure out a more solid situation.

If Florial continues to be serviceable the outfield will be a combination of him, Cabrera, Dominguez and Judge for awhile until we can get off a few of these contracts.

No way the Yanks let these kids be the future of the team. We're playing these guys for trade bait. We'll go after big names as usual most likely trading them if they have value. With Dominguez gone for most likely more than half of next season i can see us trading these guys for big names (Trout , Soto etc). It's the only way Cashman knows and since he's still the gm nothings changing.

I don't think they'll go after Ohtani because of what it'll cost as soon as we get involved. We're gonna make alotta moves this off-season and unfortunately these young guys will be the bait to reel in a name.

Gleyber is the more solid situation. Shrugs
I Def agree but I just have a bad feeling if Peraza continues hitting Gleyber is trade bait. Ideally the infield would be Peraza, Volpe and Gleyber with DJ as super utility like he been. But I feel like Hal definitely is going to cut salary and Gleyber is next in line for a decent payday.

No way the Yanks let these kids be the future of the team. We're playing these guys for trade bait. We'll go after big names as usual most likely trading them if they have value. With Dominguez gone for most likely more than half of next season i can see us trading these guys for big names (Trout , Soto etc). It's the only way Cashman knows and since he's still the gm nothings changing.

I don't think they'll go after Ohtani because of what it'll cost as soon as we get involved. We're gonna make alotta moves this off-season and unfortunately these young guys will be the bait to reel in a name.
I hope they change course and let’s see a full season with the youngins unless they are being traded for Soto.

I Def agree but I just have a bad feeling if Peraza continues hitting Gleyber is trade bait. Ideally the infield would be Peraza, Volpe and Gleyber with DJ as super utility like he been. But I feel like Hal definitely is going to cut salary and Gleyber is next in line for a decent payday.

Yeah it’s been the M.O.

Did it with Didi. Granted Didi fell off a cliff, but Didi was a solid fit and got moved for a youth movement and it sucked for a few years.

Giancarlo’s last 162 games 44HR 101 RBIs. Back to June 6th of last year
70 games less than Josh Bell who leads DHs

Downside .184/.277/.431

Gotta get somebody in to change his approach.
If he can get contact he’ll hit knock it out at least once a week guaranteed. But just getting contact on the ball has to be tweaked. Most likely a revamped stance.

And also a new training staff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom