New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

June 23
June 30
July 4th

That's not being over worked.

Has nothing to do with being overworked. Where did I say he was overworked.

I said clearly something isn’t right, should have shut him down after the 4th time it happened to find it.

Yeah something gotta shake things up. Dudes need to be handed some walkin papers and management needs to clear some offices from the top down .. team needs a delousing

tumblr_o9sthrpWQE1qmob6ro1_500.gif

:smh:

Has nothing to do with being overworked. Where did I say he was overworked.

I said clearly something isn’t right, should have shut him down after the 4th time it happened to find it.
He got 6 days off. How many more does he need? Trying to blame Boone for his awful play is weird. He's not hurt. He's not overworked. He gave up 5 runs over 3 IP on the 19th, 20th, and 23rd. He got a week off. Then got shelled on the 30th and again today. What else should Boone have done?

He got 6 days off. How many more does he need? Trying to blame Boone for his awful play is weird. He's not hurt. He's not overworked. He gave up 5 runs over 3 IP on the 19th, 20th, and 23rd. He got a week off. Then got shelled on the 30th and again today. What else should Boone have done?
You about to make Hal mad, he’s about to bless you with some crazy stats and a hypothesis on why Chaps is performing like trash and not address the new cheating rules.

still dont know why they fired girardi to get boone... boone has done absolutely nothing for this team and hasnt even sniffed the world series

still dont know why they fired girardi to get boone... boone has done absolutely nothing for this team and hasnt even sniffed the world series
I mean we avg'd 86 wins a year in Girardi's last 5 years. We missed the playoffs in 3 of his last 5. **** was bad. We won 100 and 102 in Boone's first 2 seasons.

won a 100 games twice and no world series to show for it is not good enough.. that just means a good regular season and that's it

Got to two ALCS’s and a game or so away from the WS twice. I get winning the WS is the ultimate goal. We all want that. But there aren’t many managers that have done that in their first few years. Nonetheless go the playoffs every year your first few years. That is being a bit unreasonable.

They were tearing it all down from 2013-2016. As well as making weird signings to a team that had no core really. The thing that got them over the hump was in 2016 when they realized they stink and sold everybody.

Girardi got fired at the wrong time and Boone got hired at the right time.

On the other end, we started building a younger team and other than Cole, they’ve really been stingy on adding to it. DJ was a great value signing in 2019, but also a happy accident to be as good as he was. But had the consequence of making Gleyber whatever at SS.

Last 8-9 years has been ownership spending at the wrong time, and saving at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Got to two ALCS’s and a game or so away from the WS twice. I get winning the WS is the ultimate goal. We all want that. But there aren’t many managers that have done that in their first few years. Nonetheless go the playoffs every year your first few years. That is being a bit unreasonable.
Some people are just completely unreasonable. WS or bust is a great goal but it's not reasonable. The playoffs are a crap shoot, especially 5 game series. MLB isn't the NBA where the best team wins most of the time. Making the playoffs is the #1 goal and then you roll the dice and hope to get hot.

Maybe I'm baked right now but I look at things going on the "background ".

Stupid trade taking Stanton's contract on to bail out the Marlins. Ever noticed Jeter buys into the Marlins, pretty early, Yankees affiliated. That contract is what everyone thought it would be and he plain sucks. He's good for some really hard ground balls, when he makes contact. Just wonder who we did a favor for ?

FB_IMG_1586967477038.jpg

The Captain's gonna kill us from here on :wow: :smokin

Maybe I'm baked right now but I look at things going on the "background ".

Stupid trade taking Stanton's contract on to bail out the Marlins. Ever noticed Jeter buys into the Marlins, pretty early, Yankees affiliated. That contract is what everyone thought it would be and he plain sucks. He's good for some really hard ground balls, when he makes contact. Just wonder who we did a favor for ?

FB_IMG_1586967477038.jpg

The Captain's gonna kill us from here on :wow: :smokin
Ehhh he doesn't suck. He hasn't played up to the contract though, for sure. Injuries have played a role but this is year 4 and we've gotten 1 good season so far. This year is decent so far. He's just so streaky. When he's good, he can carry the team. He did it earlier this year for a while. But when he's off, he's just a guy.

was going to say man…..really wish we held on to hi… I can’t.. I just can’t lol
It don’t matter how he’s performing now, he was our number 1 prospect at the time and we should’ve gotten more from the amount of top prospects we handed out and really have nothing to show for in return. He also pitched pretty good last year. Didn’t you keep giving Gary passes after having 2 of the worst statistical seasons as a catcher ever?

And what grown man types out or says “I can’t, I just can’t lol”. All that sass is unnecessary.

Stop being sensitive. Prospects are just that. Prospects. They’re a 50/50 crapshoot. Some turn out good (Judge). Some turn out bad (Jesus Montero, or in this case Sheffield). The one I’d be the most upset with, is the loss of Kaprilian (or however you spell it) to the A’s in the Gray trade. Which is on the Yanks, because it was a wasted trade and couldn’t utilize Gray. Their analytics wanted him to constantly pound the zone with his fastball instead of him living off his off speed like he had been all year and been successful. We unfortunately had bad luck with the Paxton trade because he couldn’t stay healthy. He still can’t, but at one time was our most reliable starter. Think he rolled off 11 straight wins or something to that matter.

I think I was just as critical on Gary as anyone, and even said he needed to work in order to stay behind the plate. I said his bat was too good to give up on him as quick as you wanted too. Since May he’s been either the, or close to the best hitting catcher in the league.

“All that sass” lol. Pot meet kettle.

Last edited:
There is definitely something up with Chapman outside of sticky stuff. Guy is laboring to throw 95, let alone locate.

Last edited:
Topped out at 98 on the last pitch of the game(95-98 is nothing to sniff at, but for him is low) and that seemed like a struggle for him.

Maybe we get more for Justus had they traded him 2 years prior, but he was on the downslide. Even as a top prospect, he topped out as an okay number 3 by 2018, or a longer reliever.

I guess they could have waited on every trade, and grouped everyone together. But it’s hard to think of a pitcher that was available that they could have traded that would still be here.

Back
Top Bottom