New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

He has to leave him in for 3 batters. You know that, right? He gave up two hard hit balls, a bloop, an out, then boom. And he had no good options in the pen to go to. It's on Green.

Yeah I just remembered that. That was his third batter? If so, then I’m guessing that’s why he was in cause at that point, Green wasn’t our best option

Yeah I just remembered that. That was his third batter? If so, then I’m guessing that’s why he was in cause at that point, Green wasn’t our best option
No, Altuve was 5th. 3rd was bloop and 4 was an out. And if Green wasn't the best option, who was? With Chapman broken, Green is the best RP we have. That's really not up for debate.

Green is one of our best but he was flat, he didn’t have it. That’s why he had the lefty warming up. He knew Green didn’t have it.

Seeing how quick he removed German and since no one pitched last night, I thought he would have a short leash on everyone since everyone was pretty much available with the break coming up.

Yankees better be on the phone trying to get a deal done for Scherzer.
Na I hope we just sell what we can. Obviously any team with Cole and Scherzer would be dangerous in the playoffs but I don't think this is a playoff team.

Perfect time for the team to get COVID in a series they need every game.
Yea this sucks. They were one of the first teams to hit 85% vax and all of these cases are asymptomatic but they still have to sit out. They are able to play bc our other players are vax'd and don't have to quarantine after exposure. ****** situation.

Starlin Marte is being shopped.

Series against Phillies and the 4 game versus Red Sox probably determine if we go all out for him.

Stanton is killin this team. His lack of production, being only a dh, then theres that salary. Yanks got bread but lets be real.

Then theres ownership. The Boss would've been took care of this. His son's are greedy bad business men acting like they love this team and winning but clearly their interests are elsewhere. Giving us the highest paid bums just to keep the gates turnin at the stadium is where their minds are.

Then there's the little sh*thead Cashman. This dude's run is done. He's been making bad decisions for a minute now , getting guys at the end of their great careers and living off old headlines. Dude seriously needs to bounce.

And I said it before and might still sound crazy but I swear the Yanks took Stanton as a favor to Jeter when he bought the team. Captain gave us chips buts he's also screwed us for the next 6 yrs. Nobody's taking Stanton, let alone he still has say where to go and believe he ain't leaving here to play anywhere in the NL , cause he can't. The Yanks won't deal him to an AL team and watch him come back to life and kill them for the rest of his career. Bottom line, The Captain ****** us and ****** us good :smh:

Last edited:
And for all the people who say it’s not Cash’s fault, Remember HE put this team together, he knew a lot of these players were big injury risks and that they would struggle to stay on the field, he bought waaay too many low risk high rewards on positions of need like we are the pirates or some other low market team, he put together an almost all righty lineup and he put together a line up of body builders and not actual Grimey ball players.

Stanton is killin this team. His lack of production, being only a dh, then theres that salary. Yanks got bread but lets be real.

Then theres ownership. The Boss would've been took care of this. His son's are greedy bad business men acting like they love this team and winning but clearly their interests are elsewhere. Giving us the highest paid bums just to keep the gates turnin at the stadium is where their minds are.

Then there's the little sh*thead Cashman. This dude's run is done. He's been making bad decisions for a minute now , getting guys at the end of their great careers and living off old headlines. Dude seriously needs to bounce.

And I said it before and might still sound crazy but I swear the Yanks took Stanton as a favor to Jeter when he bought the team. Captain gave us chips buts he's also screwed us for the next 6 yrs. Nobody's taking Stanton, let alone he still has say where to go and believe he ain't leaving here to play anywhere in the NL , cause he can't. The Yanks won't deal him to an AL team and watch him come back to life and kill them for the rest of his career. Bottom line, The Captain ****ed us and ****ed us good :smh:
Man people really romanticize Steinbrenner. Don't get me wrong, I loved him bc he treated the team as a hobby and wanted to win. But for a long time he was way too involved and way to emotional and was constantly buring the farm for a shiny new toy. The best thing for the team was him being banned in 1990 and Gene Michael took over day to day. If that didn't happen, there's a good chance some or all of the Core 4 was traded before they ever made it to NY. George was way better after coming back in 1994. He wasn't as hands on and he let his baseball guys make the decisions. Pre-ban George was Jerry Jones.

And your Jeter conspiracy is laughable. People were outraged that a 27 yr old MVP coming off a 59 HR season was given away. Yea it hasn't worked out well but let's not rewrite history from when the deal was made.

Somehow we're 7-3 in our last 10 and playing better ball. Not expecting an extended run but at least they've shown some life.

Man people really romanticize Steinbrenner. Don't get me wrong, I loved him bc he treated the team as a hobby and wanted to win. But for a long time he was way too involved and way to emotional and was constantly buring the farm for a shiny new toy. The best thing for the team was him being banned in 1990 and Gene Michael took over day to day. If that didn't happen, there's a good chance some or all of the Core 4 was traded before they ever made it to NY. George was way better after coming back in 1994. He wasn't as hands on and he let his baseball guys make the decisions. Pre-ban George was Jerry Jones.

And your Jeter conspiracy is laughable. People were outraged that a 27 yr old MVP coming off a 59 HR season was given away. Yea it hasn't worked out well but let's not rewrite history from when the deal was made.

agree 100% with that. The Boss was a tyrant back in the days. the Mike Pagliarulo days :lol:

but the guys he had us with in those days just had no pitching or else we would've won a couple. also, lets remember how Mattingly's injury hurt us. dude threw out his back and was never the same. hurt to write that cause Mattingly was my guy but we had Rickey Henderson, Dave Winfield , Hall of Famers and didn't win anything cause the Boss was acting like Donald Trump in those days. and yes Gene Micheal built us a winner with ? pitching ... Steinbrenner learned to lay back after that ban and let his people work instead of making headlines.

and y'all gotta know I'm only joking with the Jeter controversy , even tho I really do believe theres something there :lol: who knows ...

Stanton not playing the field isn’t his fault. Organization refuses to. He’s not a bad fielder at all either.

As for killing the team, he’s been fine. Other than missing 20 games.

Stanton not playing the field isn’t his fault. Organization refuses to. He’s not a bad fielder at all either.

To be fair, the team made that decision bc he can't stay healthy so less chance of injury when not in the field. They've recently said he's going to start playing the field again soon.

c'mon fam, dude's hit 54 hr's as a Yankee, thats including this yrs stats. he hit 59 the yr before we got him. we brought him here for that one reason and he aint producing. he looks lost at the plate everytime he comes up, can't tell me u expect anything but a strikeout , pop in the infield or a DP everytime he comes up.

as far as the field , maybe the Yanks keep talkin about how he's gonna play the field soon as a way to get some National League team interested ... god willing ...

1 good year, 2 injury years (the second of which he was a monster in the playoffs) and he’s been fine this year.

Is it what we were expecting no? But it’s an injury issue more than anything, and we didn’t give up a lot for him either.

He doesn’t prevent any moves regardless of what the owner says. They just don’t want to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom