New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

With the advances in training, prepping, and the way athletes can take care of their bodies now, I don’t think it would be anything like the Arod situation.

That man had deteriorating hips (prob hindered by his steroid usage) and was hobbling around towards the end. Saw on one the IG Yankee accounts someone posted HR 698/his last homer at the stadium and he looked like he was in pain rounding the bases. Having bad hips and hitting is a lose-lose situation, especially what the part that’s deteriorating is most vital to that skill. We got stuck because he was not tradable and didn’t want to eat the rest of that contract at the time.
How about Miggy and Albert? Both fell off a cliff about 35. Players aren't roided up now so that late 30s fall off is real.

How about Miggy and Albert? Both fell off a cliff about 35. Players aren't roided up now so that late 30s fall off is real.
Cabrera is batting .287 this season. Doesn’t have the power but makes regular contact. Was hovering .250 the two prior seasons, but was .282 and .299 the two seasons prior to that. Had his worse year of his career in 2017 but from 2010-2016 batted over .300 lol.

You say Pujols, but he also has a history of lower body injuries, specifically his feet, which hindered him. Those two are also older guys that we don’t know if they adapted to todays type of training regimens or stated doing what they did because that’s what put them in the hall.

Cabrera is batting .287 this season. Doesn’t have the power but makes regular contact. Was hovering .250 the two prior seasons, but was .282 and .299 the two seasons prior to that. Had his worse year of his career in 2017 but from 2010-2016 batted over .300 lol.

You say Pujols, but he also has a history of lower body injuries, specifically his feet, which hindered him. Those two are also older guys that we don’t know if they adapted to todays type of training regimens or stated doing what they did because that’s what put them in the hall.
100 is the MLB average wRC+. Miggy is sitting at 90. He's had 1 season over 103 since 2017. Avg be damned, he's been a bad hitter for a while now. Miggy was 150+ every year during his prime. For reference, Gallo is at 85 this year. So yea, 90 is bad. I don't care about batting average.

As for Pujols, he's at 93 wRC+. That's his highest since 2017.

Both have been very very very bad players for 5 years.

All the training in the world doesn't overcome father time without some roids thrown in there. This isn't the Bonds era where players get better after 35. They fall off a cliff now.

I swear, I've said it here a buncha times, everytime i watch that Mattingly hr i tear up :lol:

My wife and daughter's find it hysterical. Just knowing how bad everyone wanted to see him get in the playoffs for a ring. No doubt man, my alltime sports moment ...

I totally forgot that in that Mattingly hr clip from 95 , my boy Ricky was the batboy . Lived on my old block, Kingsbridge Terrace :smokin

We were all soooo jealous of him. No one knew how he got it, we just seen him there every game ...

Cameron Maybin has gotten alot better behind the mic. Gotta give some flowers :smokin

German is not ready ...

He's coming ....

tumblr_mr7yplFxkj1rhe069o1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom