New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Don't know how many of u remember the 80's, if any of u were even alive :lol: those yrs were rough. Mets were on top, Yanks were losing, **** was rough. Yankee fans who went thru times like that appreciate this 25 yr run and love talkin **** to others. The 96'ers are the who i look sideways at |l tell me who Alvaro Ezpinoza was and i tip my cap and extend a to hand shake ...

Don't know how many of u remember the 80's, if any of u were even alive :lol: those yrs were rough. Mets were on top, Yanks were losing, **** was rough. Yankee fans who went thru times like that appreciate this 25 yr run and love talkin **** to others. The 96'ers are the who i look sideways at |l tell me who Alvaro Ezpinoza was and i tip my cap and extend a to hand shake ...
Claudel Washington is my line in the sand. You know him, we're cool.

I'd take the 80's over the early 90's. At least we were good in the 80's, we just came in 2nd all the time. The early 90's were a dark dark time.

Agree about the last 25 years. Sure winning a chip would be great every year but man there's something to be said about at least having some hope late in the season. We'll always have some doom and gloom fans but but I'll always be able to tell myself "Well if we get hot..." if we're competitive and getting in the playoffs every year.

Claudel was my guy :smokin Mattingly is my alltime but I did everything like Rickey Henderson in LL :smokin

Roberto Kelly was another one :smokin

As far as going back, i wore a Bucky Dent jersey with black tape for eye black for Halloween :emoji_fire:

I was born in 86 but this is kinda silly, considering most people can’t control when they were born.. might be similar to how I view Yankees fans not from NY

Can we please just get rid of Donaldson? I know BA isn't as important as it used to be with all of these advanced stats, but dude is batting .149...he has 15 ******* hits all year

Donaldson is just all or nothing now. Yall know I don't like BA but if he was just at .300 OBP he'd be fine with his SLG. His SLG ain't bad, he's just not getting on base enough. I'm more than fine moving on. The next guy can't be worse and I don't see much upside in Donaldson.

I remember when I first started watching baseball and the yanks was a huge fan of both Mattingly and Winfield...but man that era was tough... I just wish they experienced the playoffs especially Mattingly who only played his last season and when he retired they won the chip.... But the core 4 definitely spoiled us...

As for trading for Ohtani. Not even sure how anyone could give a proper value for him
Where do the Angels even start with negotiation?

Wouldn’t be surprised if it would be Volpe, Peraza and Martian at minimum to start negotiation.

As for trading for Ohtani. Not even sure how anyone could give a proper value for him
Where do the Angels even start with negotiation?

Wouldn’t be surprised if it would be Volpe, Peraza and Martian at minimum to start negotiation.
He's amazing but they aren't getting that for half a season unless he signs a long term deal prior to the trade. You don't gut your farm system for 2 months of a player.

FB_IMG_1689429605752.jpg

Cash better not play at this deadline

download.gif

Ohtani is great talent but I agree not sure how is health will be years down the line... He pitches and hits so ya it's bound to take a toll on him...I'm fine with either him or soto... Would be a dub to get either one really

Can’t wait for Giovanni Soto to make his long awaited return to the bigs

Or Geovany Soto to unretire

Back
Top Bottom