New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yankees might possibly win 105 games this year,
eek.gif

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/offseason-in-review-new-york-yankees.html
if you guys stay healthy...100+ wins easy. but just one injury to that rotation and....
and...the Yankees would have to summon Phil Hughes
pimp.gif

100 MPH heat baby.

Man, they're fast as hell.

I walked by the Stadium about 4 days ago, and the Hard Rock wasn't close to done.

Anyway, can't wait for Saturday. I might orgasm just walking into that place.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Yankees might possibly win 105 games this year,
eek.gif

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/offseason-in-review-new-york-yankees.html
if you guys stay healthy...100+ wins easy. but just one injury to that rotation and....
and...the Yankees would have to summon Phil Hughes
pimp.gif
And in no way is that depressing. I still have faith in Hughes!

I'm with you, briannnnn. As of now, I am waiting until September 26th to see the NYS for the first time. I need to get tickets to a game before then!

When I drove past the Stadium this past weekend, I was thinking: I wanna be inside you...
laugh.gif
Word to Ron Burgundy.. "I want to be on you!"
ron%20burgundy.jpg
roll.gif

i just copped six games off my boy
laugh.gif
he has season tickets and couldn't make it to these games so i bought em all, face value, $500 even.

i'm good for the year even though they're kinda crappy games.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

i just copped six games off my boy
laugh.gif
he has season tickets and couldn't make it to these games so i bought em all, face value, $500 even.

i'm good for the year even though they're kinda crappy games.
pimp.gif
I've gotten over that stage of thinking a game I'm going to is "crappy". I know what you mean, but any game is good for menowadays.

When I was younger, I only wanted to go to Mets/Yankees and/or Boston/Yankees. I would secretly be upset when I got tickets to Rangers/Yankees orA's/Yankees..shame at me
tired.gif
. I appreciate any game I go to now,because I realize that tickets aren't as easy to get nowadays.

What games you going to? Probably #!#!#% Royals and O's, right?
laugh.gif
wink.gif

4/21 OAK Tue 7:05 PM
5/18 MIN Mon 7:05 PM
5/21 BAL Thu 7:05 PM
6/8 TB Mon TBA
7/6 TOR Mon TBA
7/21 BAL Tue 7:05 PM

not too bad , got the o's twicw though
laugh.gif

6/8 TB Mon TBA
7/6 TOR Mon TBA

laugh.gif
Oakland, you can either boo or cheer Giambi.
Minnesota, could be a good series.
O's, well, yeah, they suck
laugh.gif
Who knows, Matt Wieters may be calledup the 7/21 game.
Tampa Bay, that's going to be good (if they are playing well, and last season wasn't a fluke).
Toronto, if you get Halladay, you'll have a good game.

onewearz, really sorry I am coming off as a major !#%*%+# right now, just felt like breaking down the games you are going to
laugh.gif

4:21pm: Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel has Larry Beinfest's thoughts on the Marlins' acquisitions today. Berardino also says Dallas McPherson "might wind up with the Yankees."

Mark Teixeira was 3 for 3 today with a homer and three RBI. "I wish the season was starting tomorrow," he said.

Counting the games against Team USA and Team Canada, Teixeira hit .424 this spring with three homers and 11 RBI over 22 games. Teixeira has been particularly hot of late, going 8 of 13 with two homers and seven RBI over the last five games.

A career .259 hitter in April, Teixeira hopes his strong spring training will carry over.

"I feel really good right now. (Hitting coach) Kevin Long and I have worked extremely hard together and built a good relationship," Teixeira said. "This is the best I've felt leaving camp probably my entire career."

I never heard of McPherson until reading about it on LoHud...essentially has great hitting potential and could be a long-term option as a corner OF or a3B...except we have a space case of a 3B for the next 10 (thousand) years in A-Rod...

Some of my other thoughts:

Berroa, on fraud status ever since he won the 2003 ALROY, will likely make the team and Ramiro Pena will be optioned to AAA. Pena has never played above the AAlevel; putting him in AAA will let him build up the EXP points as he will get playing time. If he makes the Yankees, he's just going to sit on the benchall game-how will he improve his talents like that?

So just let Berroa be the utility guy and if he stinks, DFA him and call up Pena.

I think Ransom can do the job at 3B in A-Rod's absence.

What do you guys think? Should Berroa or Pena make the team's final roster spot?

Originally Posted by bkmac

6/8 TB Mon TBA

7/6 TOR Mon TBA

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Who knows, Matt Wieters may be called up the 7/21 game.
Tampa Bay, that's going to be good (if they are playing well, and last season wasn't a fluke).

onewearz, really sorry I am coming off as a major %@%$+@@ right now, just felt like breaking down the games you are going to
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i would go if all games were against the royals, no complaints here

Originally Posted by bkmac

6/8 TB Mon TBA
7/6 TOR Mon TBA

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Who knows, Matt Wieters may be called up the 7/21 game.

onewearz, really sorry I am coming off as a major %@%$+@@ right now, just felt like breaking down the games you are going to
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i would go if all games were against the royals, no complaints here
No doubt, I agree!

My 1st game ever was vs the Royals
Yanks won like 10-3
pimp.gif

It's so great to see Teixeira hitting well this spring. He's known to start slow, but I have a feeling he is going to start off great. One could hope.

In either case, I'm stoked to have this man at 1B for the next 8 years
pimp.gif
. Reminds me of Tino, and he is a favorite of mine.

I never heard of McPherson until reading about it on LoHud...essentially has great hitting potential and could be a long-term option as a corner OF or a 3B...except we have a space case of a 3B for the next 10 (thousand) years in A-Rod...

Some of my other thoughts:

Berroa, on fraud status ever since he won the 2003 ALROY, will likely make the team and Ramiro Pena will be optioned to AAA. Pena has never played above the AA level; putting him in AAA will let him build up the EXP points as he will get playing time. If he makes the Yankees, he's just going to sit on the bench all game-how will he improve his talents like that?

So just let Berroa be the utility guy and if he stinks, DFA him and call up Pena.

I think Ransom can do the job at 3B in A-Rod's absence.

What do you guys think? Should Berroa or Pena make the team's final roster spot?
Berroa only because even though Pena has been playing well, I rather him get more playing time in AAA. This way he will have consistent playingtime and if he needs to be called up, he'll be in that playing vibe. He may be having the better spring, but having Pena on the major league roster tostart the season will only result in him on the bench, when, like I said, he could be playing in AAA getting his at-bats in and whatnot.

Berroa will be fine off the bench for a while, and he'll do just that most of the time. The bench. Man, it still angers me that he beat out Matsui in'03. I remember the exact day. I was in shock screaming saying "How did Matsui lose! How did he lose!

I'm writing up some notes for my philosophy midterm tomorrow...

So my boy calls me at like 11 tonight...heres how our conversation went..

Him-"Yo, when do you have class tomorrow?"
Me- "6:30am and 2 pm"
Him-"Aight, forget the 2pm class, my dad scored tickets to the workout at the Stadium tomorrow, you're coming"
Me-"IM THERE"

SOOOO PUMPED..I DON'T CARE IF ITS NOT EVEN A GAME.

FELLAS, EXPECT PICTURES, PICTURES, AND HOPEFULLY AUTOGRAPHS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How did people get tix to the workout?

I have 2 friends that are going. I literally offered them insane amounts of money, shoes, games, food, and anything else I thought could convince them.

I'm dying to go, but how much would a ticket cost? If anyone has an extra one, I'll pay you.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I have 2 friends that are going. I literally offered them insane amounts of money, shoes, games, food, and anything else I thought could convince them.

I'm dying to go, but how much would a ticket cost? If anyone has an extra one, I'll pay you.

I honestly don't know, cause my other 2 boys we're going with got tickets to..Totally unrelated to our tickets. My boys pops just got us 2.

My boys dad owns a limo company that used to drive Sheff's fam around when he was with the Yanks, so he's got some connects. I'll get the scooptomorrow.

Originally Posted by Yoda

I'm writing up some notes for my philosophy midterm tomorrow...

So my boy calls me at like 11 tonight...heres how our conversation went..

Him-"Yo, when do you have class tomorrow?"
Me- "6:30am and 2 pm"
Him-"Aight, forget the 2pm class, my dad scored tickets to the workout at the Stadium tomorrow, you're coming"
Me-"IM THERE"

SOOOO PUMPED..I DON'T CARE IF ITS NOT EVEN A GAME.

FELLAS, EXPECT PICTURES, PICTURES, AND HOPEFULLY AUTOGRAPHS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Lucky SOB
laugh.gif

Come through with those pics though!!!

Tickets are not on sale..... they were only given out to companies & important people & such

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Tickets are not on sale..... they were only given out to companies & important people & such
frown.gif
frown.gif

What you trying to say? I'm not important? I kid, I kid.

And I know they weren't on sale, but I was just saying that if anyone had an extra ticket, I would pay.

Back
Top Bottom