New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

is it just me or does CC seem like the kind of pitcher to choke on the big stage? He's been spectacular during the regular season in small markets likeCleveland and Miluwakee but come playoff time.. we havn't seen his best. I cant help but feel the pressure will affect CC's performance.

Originally Posted by skye

is it just me or does CC seem like the kind of pitcher to choke on the big stage? He's been spectacular during the regular season in small markets like Cleveland and Miluwakee but come playoff time.. we havn't seen his best. I cant help but feel the pressure will affect CC's performance.

no more of this talk, cc's a yankee now, failing is not an option. multiple cy young's and championships are on the horizon...

i'm such a phony
laugh.gif

C.C.
Wang
Sheets (Sign him for 2 years, $30 million)
Joba
Pettitte (If he agrees to 1 year, $10 million) or Hughes or [let Aceves, Ian Kennedy, etc pitch for it in Spring Training].

Who's with me?

Originally Posted by bkmac

C.C.
Wang
Sheets (Sign him for 2 years, $30 million)
Joba
Pettitte (If he agrees to 1 year, $10 million) or Hughes or [let Aceves, Ian Kennedy, etc pitch for it in Spring Training].

Who's with me?
Thats good...I would take Sheets over Lowe....and i don't think we are getting Burnett...seems like the Braves are really pushing for him.

And I personally don't really know if C.C. should be a starter or stay in the pen....They have to decide this year though....I mean he would be a greatreplacement for Rivera and we know closers are big in the playoffs.....but if he really becomes a dominant starter imagine C.C./Wang/Joba as 1-2-3
pimp.gif

I really prefer Joba in the pen personally. Dudes 2 pitches are nasty. With those he could be a dominant closer for 20 years. He has starter stuff, but moldingsomeone with the nerve that it seems he already possess, well that's the difficult part. Plus I'm still optimistic with Kennedy and Hughes. Well,atleast with Hughes, though I was reading an article how Kennedy fixed his whoas with his curveball by just releasing it jus a little bit farther in hisdelivery. I gues we'll see.

BTW they just put an article on ESPN that says the Yankees offered Burnett a 5 year deal.

Originally Posted by onewearz

is it just me or does CC seem like the kind of pitcher to choke on the big stage? He's been spectacular during the regular season in small markets like Cleveland and Miluwakee but come playoff time.. we havn't seen his best. I cant help but feel the pressure will affect CC's performance.

no more of this talk, cc's a yankee now, failing is not an option. multiple cy young's and championships are on the horizon...

i'm such a phony
laugh.gif
Are you gonna personally pick up CC at the airport?
roll.gif

Once those Sabathia shirts and jerseys go on sale...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

i'm such a phony
laugh.gif
Are you gonna personally pick up CC at the airport?
roll.gif

Once those Sabathia shirts and jerseys go on sale...
eek.gif

Word to the Johnny Damon rush a few xmas's ago.

LeBron James had this to say:

"As a Yankees' fan, we've struggled the last few years with our pitching, our starting rotation. It's good to get a pitcher in there that can make things happen and don't need many runs to win a ballgame."

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

LeBron James had this to say:

"As a Yankees' fan, we've struggled the last few years with our pitching, our starting rotation. It's good to get a pitcher in there that can make things happen and don't need many runs to win a ballgame."

Lebronx.
laugh.gif

[h1]Yankees express interest in Manny Ramirez[/h1][h3]by Dan Graziano/The Star-Ledger[/h3]
[h3]Wednesday December 10, 2008, 9:29 PM[/h3]

According to a person familiar with the Yankees' plans, who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak for the team, there is a push bysome members of the Yankees' organization to make a play for free-agent outfielder Manny Ramirez.

The Yankees are negotiating simultaneously with free-agent starting pitchers A.J. Burnett and Derek Lowe, having increased their offer to Burnett to fiveyears and about $80 million by Wednesday night. But while they wouldn't mind signing both of those pitchers in addition to CC Sabathia, they don'tthink it's realistic that they will.

So, assuming they only get one, they'd try to fill their other rotation spot with Ben Sheets or (more likely) Andy Pettitte, and that's when theycould turn their attention to spending money on Manny.
http://
There was a report somewhere today about Hank Steinbrenner liking Ramirez, and apparently he's not the only one in the organization who feels that way.One Yankee insider said the team is driven to build a World Series winner in the short-term, especially since Sabathia can opt out of his seven-year contractafter the first three years, and that many in the organization believe the lineup is short on power.

Pairing Ramirez with fellow 500-homer club member Alex Rodriguez in the middle of the lineup would certainly solve that problem. It might cause someovercrowding issues with Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui under contract for one more year, but the team could make a separate deal to alleviate that, by tradingaway one of those guys or Xavier Nady.

As for Ramirez's famed flakiness and attitude issues, the Yankees believe they would be able to keep him focused because they have been told he's"obsessed" with the idea of getting to 600 career home runs. He currently has 527.
The question is what kind of deal Ramirez is seeking. He turneddown a two-year, $45 million deal from the Dodgers and is said to be looking for at least four years. It's unclear whether the Yankees would be willing toinvest $100 million in Ramirez over four years, but they might be willing to pay him more per year if he'd take a shorter-term contract.

when we get manny it will truly be a wrap......homie was the one who told damon to bolt to the bx...plus homie is from the heights....team platano willseriously be back

cc=
pimp.gif

manny=
eek.gif

haters=
indifferent.gif

if cc is better than wang for the most part during the contract i will be very happy. yankees would be great if they can find 2 starter to be better than wang.i wanted 2/3 cc aj sheets.. i hope they can add sheets....now i want 1/2 at least sheets/manny

mets just got putz...yanks should have gotten him

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Source: Yanks offer Burnett guaranteed 5-year deal

The New York Yankees, making a hard late charge to beat out the Atlanta Braves for A.J. Burnett, offered the free-agent right-hander a guaranteed five-year contract Wednesday, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

Although the total dollar figure isn't known, Burnett's agent, Darek Braunecker, is believed to be seeking a deal approaching Carlos Zambrano's five-year, $91.5 million contract with the Chicago Cubs.

Burnett is moving closer to making a decision on his next destination, the source said, and a deal could be in place as soon as Thursday.

The Braves, who had offered a four-year deal with a fifth-year option worth a guaranteed $60-65 million before the meetings, have also expressed a willingness to go to five years on Burnett if necessary. The Yankees, intent on upgrading their rotation before the winter meetings, agreed in principal to a seven-year, $161 million contract with CC Sabathia early Wednesday.

...the %#!$ are these morons thinking?
smh.gif

Carl Pavano 2.0...

Originally Posted by Air273

if cc is better than wang for the most part during the contract i will be very happy. yankees would be great if they can find 2 starter to be better than wang. i wanted 2/3 cc aj sheets.. i hope they can add sheets....now i want 1/2 at least sheets/manny

mets just got putz...yanks should have gotten him
Wang>Sheets&Burnett

^^^i agree i think sheets could be better....i hope the number 2 turns out to be joba

i dont know what the yanks are doing or what their infatuation is with aj but 5 years is crazy for a dude made out of ice cream sticks , spit and glue. dudehas proven he can never stay healthy whats different now ? we better have an ambulance, surgery room and dr. james andrews in that new stadium for all hisstarts.

lowe, sheets if anything. but if this kid stays healthy no one can deny he's got the goods to win 15 - 18 games on this team. i just dont see why we'dgive him so many years.

oh and i think pettite's gonna bounce. dude is sensitive and when he dont feel wanted he leaves. i dont think he's feeling very important right now..............

i dont know what the yanks are doing or what their infatuation is with aj but 5 years is crazy for a dude made out of ice cream sticks , spit and glue.
Yankees got tired of losing to him every year
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom