News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

People who didn't want to watch Scott Pilgrim or KickA really missed out. I'm hype for KickA 2. Nic Cage's scene in the warehouse is still one of the rawest and most awesome scenes to me. Beautiful violence and death.

I liked Kick ***, Scott Pilgrim was a bit much for me, it was like that movie was JUST for the fans.

Justice League Movie Seems Set To Reunite Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder And David Goyer
justice-league-350x257.gif

When Warner Bros. were trying to overlap work on Man of Steel and Justice League, it didn’t seem at all likely that Zack Snyder would direct the film. There were obvious and practical reasons he wouldn’t have been on the much-discussed studio wishlist.

The names that kept coming up were Ben Affleck, Lana and Andy Wachowski and, whispered directly into our ears here at Bleeding Cool, Ruben Fleischer. I’m sure there were several more considered too.

But plans change, and schedules slip and now, Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

We don’t know if he’s accepted, and we don’t know when he’d actually make the film, but it seems more or less certain on all available evidence that he’s actually been offered the gig.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing.

Now, his phrasing does suggest to me a sense of resignation more than inside knowledge, but he’s far from the only voice on this – he’s just been the most public.

The plan as we’re hearing it is for Snyder and his Man of Steel writer David Goyer to put their heads together and see what Justice League ideas they can come up with. After this, Goyer will turn in a draft and the studio will see where to go from there.

This plan may already be in action, it may have been in action for some time, or it may have recently been agreed upon – nobody has made this clear to me. But somewhere in the pipeline is a serious run at a Snyder-Goyer Justice League.

I’d guess that the plan was made a little while ago and Warner Bros. are now firming things up and deciding if they’ll commit fully. Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has teased an upcoming announcement, and while clear-voiced whispers say he’ll have more than one picture to unveil, I’m still imagining that Justice League will be at the heart of the studio’s strategy.
OH NOOOEZZZZ!

After seeing this guy's name attached and specifically mentioned with 5 movies that failed and never came to be in that other comic movie thread, given the ideas he had, I wouldn't want him involved with any comic movies I want to see. I looked at what movies he was involved story wise and he was either terrible from the start or ended up ruining a good thing (Blade trilogy :smh: ). Best movie to his name is TDK and well Nolan is constantly given all the credit for that.
Yeah, superheroes are so mainstream now. When I was growing up X-men, Spiderman, Batman, TMNT, Transformers cartoons were popular but actual comic book collecting was seen as dorky. One of my roommates in college is really into comic books and people thought he was a loser :smh: :lol:. Comic book movies have such a broad appeal now and are the biggest money makers in Hollywood.

For hollywood its easy. You got the story already there, bulit in fan bases, hell you got storyboards/character design already to go :lol:

This.

Comic book movies should be the easiest movies to make but some how they always find a way to F them up. :lol: :smh:

too many cooks in the kitchen. The director has one vision. the producer has another and the movie studio has 3. Look at Spider-Man 3. Raimi didn't want to put Venom in it but because of everyone clamoring about it SONY was like put him in!!! And you see what happened.I really wonder what that film would have been if it was just a sandman/new goblin flick
Venom wasn't even the worse part about SM3.
Spider man 3 would've been better if there wasn't 45 mins of Tobey Maguire's dance moves smh
Basically

Last edited:
ANYBODY got any good info on a Hellboy 3????

Guillermo Del Toro said its not in the cards right now, he has a handful of other big studio projects lined up. And one of the producers on another occasion, said there are no plans to make it anytime soon. Which is unfortunate, all they needed is one more movie to finish up the story. I loved HB 2.

Last edited:
The Thor DW trailer looks good and going off that I'd say there's signs of it being better than Thor but that aint saying much. I didn't think the movie was bad but just okay a notch above the Cap movie. I never cared for Thor but I see the potential for great movies if there were more ambitious and capable writers, producers and director involved.

Feige Confirms Daredevil Rights Back At Marvel Studios
thumbnail.php

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has confirmed what many believed to already be true about the film rights to Daredevil. In an interview with Newsarama, the studio head was asked directly whether the rights to the Man Without Fear were back at Marvel Studios, to which he responded, "To Daredevil? Yes."

Last year in August, reports began to circulate that time was running out for Fox to keep the film rights for the character with an October 10 deadline to begin production. Reportedly, Marvel had already granted two extensions to Fox, which held the rights since the late '90s. It was assumed when the deadline passed that the rights would revert back to Marvel, but Feige's comment to Newsarama is the first official confirmation of what many believed to already be true.

Daredevil is the third property to return to Marvel, following Blade and The Punisher. However, Fox still has the license for X-Men and Fantastic Four, and as long as the films for those properties are in active development within the contractually defined time frame, the studio is able to indefinitely retain the rights. Those properties, along with Spider-Man, Ghost Rider and others, were licensed out before the formation of Marvel Studios in 2006.

While there isn't currently a "Daredevil" film in development, the character's return to Marvel Studios does open the door for his possible inclusion in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is sure to excite fans of the character.
**** YEAH!

Now I patiently wait.

So they can make a good Daredevil movie to go in the same universe as the Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, and Avengers movies? I didn't even know Marvel got Blade back too.

1c5b037d_daredevilblade.jpeg

Blade might not fit in the Avengers film universe, but a reboot would be dope. Depends who they get as Blade though. Any young brothers who can act and know any martial arts out there?

Last edited:
I don't think the plan is to make them all Avengers though. They can easily have Punisher and Daredevil in their own corner mixing together and Blade in his own corner that could connect with Dr. Strange every now and then all existing in the same cinematic universe. Then just have little mentions or cameos of each other with the other films that have already been rolling.

I expect if they ever do it though DD, Punisher, Blade would be phase 3 or 4 movies and I'm fine with waiting if they're gonna give Dr. Strange and Black Panther a try first.

So they can make a good Daredevil movie to go in the same universe as the Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, and Avengers movies? I didn't even know Marvel got Blade back too.

1c5b037d_daredevilblade.jpeg

Blade might not fit in the Avengers film universe, but a reboot would be dope. Depends who they get as Blade though. Any young brothers who can act and know any martial arts out there?

No need for a sure to be PG 13 reboot.

Just make one last one with Wesley Snipes and wait for Jayden(our only hope) to grow up.

Co-sign this. I think having a separate universe for their street-level heroes like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher and the others would be great. And separate one for supernatural ones like Doctor Strange, Blade, Morbius, etc perhaps?

Last edited:
Lee Pace Wins Villain Role in Guardians of the Galaxy

Lee Pace has won the villain role in Marvel Studios' upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wrap reports. His role has not yet been disclosed, but he'll join Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker and Ophelia Lovibond in the James Gunn film.

The film, based on the Marvel comic books of the same name, features an unlikely cast of characters who must team up in order to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions.

While there's no confirmation as of yet, there's a good chance that Pace's role is that of Taneleer Tivan, AKA The Collector. In the comics, Tivan learned about the threat Thanos posed to the universe and sought to collect life forms and worlds to place in a museum of sorts, ideally protecting them from Thanos' path of destruction. The character was recently said to be involved in the storyline.

Pace can next be seen on the big screen back in the role of Thranduil in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

The film is currently in pre-production in the UK, with Gunn at the helm, and is targeting an August 1, 2014 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103340

I would rather have Thresh from Hunger Games than Jaden. :lol:

Co-sign this. I think having a separate universe for their street-level heroes like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher and the others would be great. And separate one for supernatural ones like Doctor Strange, Blade, Morbius, etc perhaps?

That's a great idea.

Last edited:
ANYBODY got any good info on a Hellboy 3????

Guillermo Del Toro said its not in the cards right now, he has a handful of other big studio projects lined up. And one of the producers on another occasion, said there are no plans to make it anytime soon. Which is unfortunate, all they needed is one more movie to finish up the story. I loved HB 2.
:smh: :smh:
They better hurry Ron perlman already old

^ She just did a movie that was produced in part by WWE Studios, I dont think she really cares what kinda roles she plays anymore :lol:

Back
Top Bottom