News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Lee Pace Wins Villain Role in Guardians of the Galaxy

Lee Pace has won the villain role in Marvel Studios' upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wrap reports. His role has not yet been disclosed, but he'll join Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker and Ophelia Lovibond in the James Gunn film.

The film, based on the Marvel comic books of the same name, features an unlikely cast of characters who must team up in order to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions.

While there's no confirmation as of yet, there's a good chance that Pace's role is that of Taneleer Tivan, AKA The Collector. In the comics, Tivan learned about the threat Thanos posed to the universe and sought to collect life forms and worlds to place in a museum of sorts, ideally protecting them from Thanos' path of destruction. The character was recently said to be involved in the storyline.

Pace can next be seen on the big screen back in the role of Thranduil in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

The film is currently in pre-production in the UK, with Gunn at the helm, and is targeting an August 1, 2014 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103340
im not really familiar with gotg as i am other marvel hero's i just hope its good

Halle Berry and Zoe Saldana. Effectively keeping other black women out of work time and time again. :lol:

Nicole Beharie as the younger Storm and Angela Bassett as the older Storm, who I think is very capable of portraying someone with immense power and being a leader.

Last edited:
So they can make a good Daredevil movie to go in the same universe as the Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, and Avengers movies? I didn't even know Marvel got Blade back too.

1c5b037d_daredevilblade.jpeg

Blade might not fit in the Avengers film universe, but a reboot would be dope. Depends who they get as Blade though. Any young brothers who can act and know any martial arts out there?
Marvel should take these characters and make a "Marvel Knights" series on Starz or HBO in the same vein as Spartacus.

Halle Berry and Zoe Saldana. Effectively keeping other black women out of work time and time again. :lol:

Nicole Beharie as the younger Storm and Angela Bassett as the older Storm, who I think is very capable of portraying someone with immense power and being a leader.
I was gonna say Angela Bassett but I honestly can't see her as storm acting wise. Physically she would look hella sexy

I think Angela is more believable than Halle. Storm can get pretty fierce when she gets up in the sky and takes over. Halle is more passive and I think after 3, soon to be 4 movies, people are just used to Halle's portrayal, but I never feel convinced when Halle's up their trying to be this imposing force.

Plus I'm not into Storm looking like the black Jamie Lee Curtis. :lol:

I think Angela is more believable than Halle. Storm can get pretty fierce when she gets up in the sky and takes over. Halle is more passive and I think after 3, soon to be 4 movies, people are just used to Halle's portrayal, but I never feel convinced when Halle's up their trying to be this imposing force.

Plus I'm not into Storm looking like the black Jamie Lee Curtis. :lol:
:lol:
honestly halle cant act. That whole seen a toad get struck buy lightining scene sounded corny coming from her she seems so frail.
dont know how all those years halle was considered bad(she aint ugly just not as fine as i used to think)she got nice breasts though

Last edited:
Do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning??

Same thing that happens to everything else.
:x :rofl:

Not a fan of separate universes for different genres. No reason they can't all exist in the same universe.
So they can make a good Daredevil movie to go in the same universe as the Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, and Avengers movies? I didn't even know Marvel got Blade back too.

Blade might not fit in the Avengers film universe, but a reboot would be dope. Depends who they get as Blade though. Any young brothers who can act and know any martial arts out there?

No need for a sure to be PG 13 reboot.

Just make one last one with Wesley Snipes and wait for Jayden(our only hope) to grow up.
Jayden Smith as Blade? What kind of new age crack are you on?

I'd rather a no name up and coming black guy play the role. Jayden Smith can't be out only hope.

I'd go there again but there's always derek Luke :smokin Just gotta see if he can pull off that vampire anger/rage and grimness of the character.
Lee Pace Wins Villain Role in Guardians of the Galaxy

Lee Pace has won the villain role in Marvel Studios' upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wrap reports. His role has not yet been disclosed, but he'll join Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker and Ophelia Lovibond in the James Gunn film.

The film, based on the Marvel comic books of the same name, features an unlikely cast of characters who must team up in order to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions.

While there's no confirmation as of yet, there's a good chance that Pace's role is that of Taneleer Tivan, AKA The Collector. In the comics, Tivan learned about the threat Thanos posed to the universe and sought to collect life forms and worlds to place in a museum of sorts, ideally protecting them from Thanos' path of destruction. The character was recently said to be involved in the storyline.

Pace can next be seen on the big screen back in the role of Thranduil in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

The film is currently in pre-production in the UK, with Gunn at the helm, and is targeting an August 1, 2014 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103340
im not really familiar with gotg as i am other marvel hero's i just hope its good
I really like the fact that they're using an elder of the universe as the villain. That's pretty refreshing than just going to the same well with Thanos. Story wise I at least feels this is a good choice, cuz it's a real sci-fi almost god level kind of threat.

Last edited:

Just make one last one with Wesley Snipes and wait for Jayden(our only hope) to grow up.

So there's no hope? :smh: :lol:

Michael B. Jordan comin ... just wait for Fruitvale. :nerd:

Last edited:

im saying though who the hell thought that line was even remotely good

Did not even one person try to intervene on that part? :lol:

Joss Whedon wrote that line. Dead srs. :lol:

It was the same situation with X-Men. They said, "Come in and punch up the big climax, the third act, and if you can, make it cheaper." That was the mandate on both movies, and my response to both movies was, "The problem with the third act is the first two acts." But, again, no one was paying attention. X-Men was very interesting in that, by that time, I actually had a reputation in television. I was actually somebody. People stopped thinking I was John Sweden on the phone. And then, in X-Men, not only did they throw out my script and never tell me about it; they actually invited me to the read-through, having thrown out my entire draft without telling me. I was like, "Oh, that's right! This is the movies! The writer is **** in the movies!" I'll never understand that. I have one line left in that movie. Actually, there are a couple of lines left in that are out of context and make no sense, or are delivered so badly, so terribly... There's one line that's left the way I wrote it.

O: Which is?

JW: "'It's me.' 'Prove it.' 'You're a ****.'" Hey, it got a laugh.

O: It's funny that the only lines I really remember from that movie are that one and Storm's toad comment.

JW: Okay, which was also mine, and that's the interesting thing. Everybody remembers that as the worst line ever written, but the thing about that is, it was supposed to be delivered as completely offhand. [Adopts casual, bored tone.] "You know what happens when a toad gets hit by lightning?" Then, after he gets electrocuted, "Ahhh, pretty much the same thing that happens to anything else." But Halle Berry said it like she was Desdemona. [Strident, ringing voice.] "The same thing that happens to everything eeelse!" That's the thing that makes you go crazy. At least "You're a ****" got delivered right. The worst thing about these things is that, when the actors say it wrong, it makes the writer look stupid. People assume that the line... I listened to half the dialogue in Alien 4, and I'm like, "That's idiotic," because of the way it was said. And nobody knows that. Nobody ever gets that. They say, "That was a stupid script," which is the worst pain in the world.
A.V. Club Interview from 2001

Last edited:

im saying though who the hell thought that line was even remotely good

Did not even one person try to intervene on that part? :lol:

Joss Whedon wrote that line. Dead srs. :lol:

It was the same situation with X-Men. They said, "Come in and punch up the big climax, the third act, and if you can, make it cheaper." That was the mandate on both movies, and my response to both movies was, "The problem with the third act is the first two acts." But, again, no one was paying attention. X-Men was very interesting in that, by that time, I actually had a reputation in television. I was actually somebody. People stopped thinking I was John Sweden on the phone. And then, in X-Men, not only did they throw out my script and never tell me about it; they actually invited me to the read-through, having thrown out my entire draft without telling me. I was like, "Oh, that's right! This is the movies! The writer is **** in the movies!" I'll never understand that. I have one line left in that movie. Actually, there are a couple of lines left in that are out of context and make no sense, or are delivered so badly, so terribly... There's one line that's left the way I wrote it.

O: Which is?

JW: "'It's me.' 'Prove it.' 'You're a ****.'" Hey, it got a laugh.

O: It's funny that the only lines I really remember from that movie are that one and Storm's toad comment.

JW: Okay, which was also mine, and that's the interesting thing. Everybody remembers that as the worst line ever written, but the thing about that is, it was supposed to be delivered as completely offhand. [Adopts casual, bored tone.] "You know what happens when a toad gets hit by lightning?" Then, after he gets electrocuted, "Ahhh, pretty much the same thing that happens to anything else." But Halle Berry said it like she was Desdemona. [Strident, ringing voice.] "The same thing that happens to everything eeelse!" That's the thing that makes you go crazy. At least "You're a ****" got delivered right. The worst thing about these things is that, when the actors say it wrong, it makes the writer look stupid. People assume that the line... I listened to half the dialogue in Alien 4, and I'm like, "That's idiotic," because of the way it was said. And nobody knows that. Nobody ever gets that. They say, "That was a stupid script," which is the worst pain in the world.
A.V. Club Interview from 2001
What's crazy is him explaining that line makes it sound like it woulda actually worked :lol:

So there's no hope? :smh: :lol:

Michael B. Jordan comin ... just wait for Fruitvale. :nerd:

Wallace can fight?

I forgot about him. Most memorable from Chronicle cuz again he was the black guy that died. He'd be good if he can stop delivering lines in this brand new surprised way he tends to. Like right now I couldn't see him as Blade.

Some other black superhero though.

I have no idea what he's saying or what that's from. :lol:

I forgot about him. Most memorable from Chronicle cuz again he was the black guy that died. He'd be good if he can stop delivering lines in this brand new surprised way he tends to. Like right now I couldn't see him as Blade.

Some other black superhero though.

Most memorable from Chronicle? Chronicle was good, but that's Wallace from The Wire. (And Jamal from Hard Ball.)

Blade has to be played by a younger actor with the properties of Wesley crossed with Michael Jai White.

Last edited:
Edi Gathegi (Laurent in Twilight & Darwin from 1st Class) can make a good new Blade or Black Panther.

What about Columbus Short? Dude is literally short though so he'd have to heighten up like RDJ.

David Oyelowo is a good choice for either role too.

To be honest though, I know he is old, but I think Denzel can still be a very good Black Panther.

If they went that old, they might as well have Idris moonlight and play Black Panther.

David Oyelowo is a good look too.

If they went that old, they might as well have Idris moonlight and play Black Panther.

David Oyelowo is a good look too.

Well with Denzel, they can usually make him look young like Will. But I understand that they want someone younger for BP to continue on with the future Avenger films.

Back
Top Bottom