News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Do you know what happens to a Toad when it gets struck by lightning??

Same thing that happens to everything else.
:x :rofl:

im saying though who the hell thought that line was even remotely good

Did not even one person try to intervene on that part? :lol:

DID YOU KNOW:
Did Joss Whedon work on this film?

He was brought in to work on the screenplay (as a script doctor), but all of his work was thrown out, except for two pieces of dialogue: Storm's line to Toad, and Wolverine calling Cyclops a ****.

What exactly were the lines Whedon wrote that ended up in the film?

According to Whedon, the exchange was: "It's me." "Prove it." "You're a ****." He also wrote Storm's line, "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else."

Everything Joss right isn't gold but I always heard that it was Halle's delivery that killed it. Its suppose to be a joke not a serious statement *shrugs*
:lol: bruh we already established it was her delivery I think the page before this has the interview with whedon talking about it

Justice League Movie Seems Set To Reunite Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder And David Goyer
justice-league-350x257.gif

When Warner Bros. were trying to overlap work on Man of Steel and Justice League, it didn’t seem at all likely that Zack Snyder would direct the film. There were obvious and practical reasons he wouldn’t have been on the much-discussed studio wishlist.

The names that kept coming up were Ben Affleck, Lana and Andy Wachowski and, whispered directly into our ears here at Bleeding Cool, Ruben Fleischer. I’m sure there were several more considered too.

But plans change, and schedules slip and now, Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

We don’t know if he’s accepted, and we don’t know when he’d actually make the film, but it seems more or less certain on all available evidence that he’s actually been offered the gig.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing.

Now, his phrasing does suggest to me a sense of resignation more than inside knowledge, but he’s far from the only voice on this – he’s just been the most public.

The plan as we’re hearing it is for Snyder and his Man of Steel writer David Goyer to put their heads together and see what Justice League ideas they can come up with. After this, Goyer will turn in a draft and the studio will see where to go from there.

This plan may already be in action, it may have been in action for some time, or it may have recently been agreed upon – nobody has made this clear to me. But somewhere in the pipeline is a serious run at a Snyder-Goyer Justice League.

I’d guess that the plan was made a little while ago and Warner Bros. are now firming things up and deciding if they’ll commit fully. Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has teased an upcoming announcement, and while clear-voiced whispers say he’ll have more than one picture to unveil, I’m still imagining that Justice League will be at the heart of the studio’s strategy.
OH NOOOEZZZZ!

After seeing this guy's name attached and specifically mentioned with 5 movies that failed and never came to be in that other comic movie thread, given the ideas he had, I wouldn't want him involved with any comic movies I want to see. I looked at what movies he was involved story wise and he was either terrible from the start or ended up ruining a good thing (Blade trilogy :smh: ). Best movie to his name is TDK and well Nolan is constantly given all the credit for that.
Yeah, superheroes are so mainstream now. When I was growing up X-men, Spiderman, Batman, TMNT, Transformers cartoons were popular but actual comic book collecting was seen as dorky. One of my roommates in college is really into comic books and people thought he was a loser :smh: :lol:. Comic book movies have such a broad appeal now and are the biggest money makers in Hollywood.

For hollywood its easy. You got the story already there, bulit in fan bases, hell you got storyboards/character design already to go :lol:

This.

Comic book movies should be the easiest movies to make but some how they always find a way to F them up. :lol: :smh:

too many cooks in the kitchen. The director has one vision. the producer has another and the movie studio has 3. Look at Spider-Man 3. Raimi didn't want to put Venom in it but because of everyone clamoring about it SONY was like put him in!!! And you see what happened.I really wonder what that film would have been if it was just a sandman/new goblin flick
Venom wasn't even the worse part about SM3.
Spider man 3 would've been better if there wasn't 45 mins of Tobey Maguire's dance moves smh
Basically

You do realize that all the dancing was because of the symbiote suit (venom) and that Sam Raimi didn't want any part of venom in spider-man 3. The studio FORCED him to do so.

Justice League Movie Seems Set To Reunite Man Of Steel’s Zack Snyder And David Goyer
justice-league-350x257.gif

When Warner Bros. were trying to overlap work on Man of Steel and Justice League, it didn’t seem at all likely that Zack Snyder would direct the film. There were obvious and practical reasons he wouldn’t have been on the much-discussed studio wishlist.

The names that kept coming up were Ben Affleck, Lana and Andy Wachowski and, whispered directly into our ears here at Bleeding Cool, Ruben Fleischer. I’m sure there were several more considered too.

But plans change, and schedules slip and now, Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

We don’t know if he’s accepted, and we don’t know when he’d actually make the film, but it seems more or less certain on all available evidence that he’s actually been offered the gig.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing.

Now, his phrasing does suggest to me a sense of resignation more than inside knowledge, but he’s far from the only voice on this – he’s just been the most public.

The plan as we’re hearing it is for Snyder and his Man of Steel writer David Goyer to put their heads together and see what Justice League ideas they can come up with. After this, Goyer will turn in a draft and the studio will see where to go from there.

This plan may already be in action, it may have been in action for some time, or it may have recently been agreed upon – nobody has made this clear to me. But somewhere in the pipeline is a serious run at a Snyder-Goyer Justice League.

I’d guess that the plan was made a little while ago and Warner Bros. are now firming things up and deciding if they’ll commit fully. Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has teased an upcoming announcement, and while clear-voiced whispers say he’ll have more than one picture to unveil, I’m still imagining that Justice League will be at the heart of the studio’s strategy.
OH NOOOEZZZZ!

After seeing this guy's name attached and specifically mentioned with 5 movies that failed and never came to be in that other comic movie thread, given the ideas he had, I wouldn't want him involved with any comic movies I want to see. I looked at what movies he was involved story wise and he was either terrible from the start or ended up ruining a good thing (Blade trilogy :smh: ). Best movie to his name is TDK and well Nolan is constantly given all the credit for that.
Yeah, superheroes are so mainstream now. When I was growing up X-men, Spiderman, Batman, TMNT, Transformers cartoons were popular but actual comic book collecting was seen as dorky. One of my roommates in college is really into comic books and people thought he was a loser :smh: :lol:. Comic book movies have such a broad appeal now and are the biggest money makers in Hollywood.

For hollywood its easy. You got the story already there, bulit in fan bases, hell you got storyboards/character design already to go :lol:

This.

Comic book movies should be the easiest movies to make but some how they always find a way to F them up. :lol: :smh:

too many cooks in the kitchen. The director has one vision. the producer has another and the movie studio has 3. Look at Spider-Man 3. Raimi didn't want to put Venom in it but because of everyone clamoring about it SONY was like put him in!!! And you see what happened.I really wonder what that film would have been if it was just a sandman/new goblin flick
Venom wasn't even the worse part about SM3.
Spider man 3 would've been better if there wasn't 45 mins of Tobey Maguire's dance moves smh
Basically

You do realize that all the dancing was because of the symbiote suit (venom) and that Sam Raimi didn't want any part of venom in spider-man 3. The studio FORCED him to do so.
Even so, Raimi was such a baby about the symbiote being forced on him that he pussified the whole concept of it? Symbiote makes Peter Parker dance?

COME THE **** ON!

He could've easily stole the actions and dialogue from the 90s Spider-Man cartoon when he got the symboite to show us the character change. Instead he chose Peter's transformation in to being a new/different man to be conveyed with dancing. So ******g lame :stoneface: :smh: :rolleyes

]Even so, Raimi was such a baby about the symbiote being forced on him that he pussified the whole concept of it? Symbiote makes Peter Parker dance?

COME THE **** ON!

He could've easily stole the actions and dialogue from the 90s Spider-Man cartoon when he got the symboite to show us the character change. Instead he chose Peter's transformation in to being a new/different man to be conveyed with dancing. So ******g lame :stoneface: :smh: :rolleyes

LOL the symboite amplfies the users personality traits. So it amplifed what Movie Peter thought was cool. Emo slick, crappy dancing. It was bad but I got what he was trying to do.

No need for a sure to be PG 13 reboot.

Just make one last one with Wesley Snipes and wait for Jayden(our only hope) to grow up.

jayden smith? :x

no thanks

how bout they try to make michael jai white look younger? :lol:

Derek Luke would be awesome, word to my avy.
But I accepted that Hollywood don't really want him. :lol:

And like Idris, he was already in one of em: Capt. America.

Last edited:
So there's no hope? :smh: :lol:

Michael B. Jordan comin ... just wait for Fruitvale. :nerd:

Basically. :lol:

I dont think they'll let any of these Tyler Perry/Arabesque movie dudes do it. They'll pull a Matrix and teach someone on set first.

Last edited:
Whedon Teases New Avengers 2 Characters
Director hints at a well-known duo of heroes.
by Max Nicholson APRIL 25, 2013

Potential spoilers follow...

For the past few months, Joss Whedon has been plugging away on his script for Marvel's The Avengers 2. And in a recent interview, the writer-director revealed that he already has a first draft done, with rewrites now in progress. More interestingly, though, Whedon teased a potential bombshell that could indicate the appearance of one certain comic book duo...

"I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie," Whedon told Yahoo! Movies at the Iron Man 3 premiere.

Most outlets are theorizing that this "brother-sister act" would be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The thing is, Marvel doesn't have the screen rights to these two characters outright -- they share them with Fox (having first appeared in the pages of X-Men before becoming Avengers themselves). However, Kevin Feige noted last year that, as long they didn't "discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage," then the characters could potentially show up in The Avengers 2.

Man, they were supposed to be making a new Spawn film, with Jai White back at it, but them ignoring the first attempt all together. But yea, McFarlane doesn't know how to manage funds, and that project will probably never surface.

If Days of Future Past has scenes like this. I may overlook the rest of the film if it doesn't end up being good.

c19f6e8f_x-men_days_of_future_past_sentinels_1.jpeg

Last edited:

For the past few months, Joss Whedon has been plugging away on his script for Marvel's The Avengers 2. And in a recent interview, the writer-director revealed that he already has a first draft done, with rewrites now in progress. More interestingly, though, Whedon teased a potential bombshell that could indicate the appearance of one certain comic book duo...

"I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie," Whedon told Yahoo! Movies at the Iron Man 3 premiere.

Most outlets are theorizing that this "brother-sister act" would be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The thing is, Marvel doesn't have the screen rights to these two characters outright -- they share them with Fox (having first appeared in the pages of X-Men before becoming Avengers themselves). However, Kevin Feige noted last year that, as long they didn't "discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage," then the characters could potentially show up in The Avengers 2.

How does Marvel not have rights to their own damn characters?!

You would think Fox would let it slide on GP..

Cuz Marvel was greedy earlier and just *****d out the licenses of their characters to the highest bidder. This was before they came to their senses and figured it was much more profitable (and better) to just do the films themselves.

Cuz Marvel was greedy earlier and just *****d out the licenses of their characters to the highest bidder. This was before they came to their senses and figured it was much more profitable (and better) to just do the films themselves.
I wonder how long these licenses last for. Maybe one day see see Spidey In the Avengers.

Edit: I just read that it last as long as the company keeps making movies for the franchise :x

Last edited:

Wasn't marvel going under or something and NEEDED to license out some of their characters to stay afloat

I wonder how long these licenses last for. Maybe one day see see Spidey In the Avengers.

Edit: I just read that it last as long as the company keeps making movies for the franchise :x

Hopefully a Spiderman role in the Disney Marvel flicks wouldn't be that big of an issue in the future. Columbia or whomever owns the Spider Man rights gave Disney the greenlight to use the OsCorp building as an easter egg in The Avengers NYC Battle/Invasion scenes. But post production was already finished so it wasn't added. Would have been a cool thing to see as a fanboy.

Last edited:
Guillermo del Toro Brings Monster to HBO
by Silas Lesnick
April 24, 2013
Share this story

Guillermo del Toro is teaming with "Sherlock" and "Doctor Who" screenwriter Steven Thompson to bring Naoki Urasawa's manga series "Monster" to the small screen. Deadline reports that the pair will co-write the series with Thompson tackling the pilot's screenplay and Del Toro directing.

The 18-volume series has previously been adapted in anime form. Published domestically by VIZ Media, the first volume is officially described as follows:

An ice-cold killer is on the loose, and brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Conspiracies, serial murders, and a scathing indictment of hospital politics are all masterfully woven together in this compelling manga thriller. Tenma risks his promising medical career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy. Unbeknownst to him, the child is destined for a terrible fate. Who could have known that Tenma would create a monster!

Del Toro and Thompson will also executive produce alongside Susan Montford and Gary Ungar. The Japanese publishing company, Shogakukan Inc. will serve as consulting producer.

After having seen the anime, I have high expectations for this. With del toro directing, it should at least be decent.

Even so, Raimi was such a baby about the symbiote being forced on him that he pussified the whole concept of it? Symbiote makes Peter Parker dance?

COME THE **** ON!

LOL the symboite amplfies the users personality traits. So it amplifed what Movie Peter thought was cool. Emo slick, crappy dancing. It was bad but I got what he was trying to do.
No, the symbiote makes it's host more aggressive. It amplifies amorality, sheds inhibitions, and steers the host to indulge themselves more to the point they can rationalize and then enjoy killing all in the effort to make the host more willing to bond with the symbiote on a cellular level.

That emo dancing nonsense was something Raimi completely made up.

Last edited:

Wasn't marvel going under or something and NEEDED to license out some of their characters to stay afloat
That's why it had nothing to do with greed. After the comic bubble burst in the late 90s, Marvel filed for bankruptcy or almost did, they sold all their viable character's movie rights to make money.

Hopefully a Spiderman role in the Disney Marvel flicks wouldn't be that big of an issue in the future. Columbia or whomever owns the Spider Man rights gave Disney the greenlight to use the OsCorp building as an easter egg in The Avengers NYC Battle/Invasion scenes. But post production was already finished so it wasn't added. Would have been a cool thing to see as a fanboy.
Only way that changes is if Disney buys Columbia or they merge.

Too much red tape and bureaucracy for it to go down.

Some of yall take this too likely. Marvel studios and Fox or Sony sharing characters by agreement would be like McDonald's and Burger King agreeing to sell each others burgers and fries and all that.

Sony and Fox will keep the rights cuz they're not getting to the expiration deadline with the bigger name heroes (X-Men, Spidey, even FF). Unlike Daredevil which lapsed for like a decade, these other titles in this current age of superhero movies won't get that treatment unless superhero movies suddenly no longer bring fans to the theater.

Last edited:
Guillermo del Toro Brings Monster to HBO
by Silas Lesnick
April 24, 2013
Share this story

Guillermo del Toro is teaming with "Sherlock" and "Doctor Who" screenwriter Steven Thompson to bring Naoki Urasawa's manga series "Monster" to the small screen. Deadline reports that the pair will co-write the series with Thompson tackling the pilot's screenplay and Del Toro directing.

The 18-volume series has previously been adapted in anime form. Published domestically by VIZ Media, the first volume is officially described as follows:

An ice-cold killer is on the loose, and brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Conspiracies, serial murders, and a scathing indictment of hospital politics are all masterfully woven together in this compelling manga thriller. Tenma risks his promising medical career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy. Unbeknownst to him, the child is destined for a terrible fate. Who could have known that Tenma would create a monster!

Del Toro and Thompson will also executive produce alongside Susan Montford and Gary Ungar. The Japanese publishing company, Shogakukan Inc. will serve as consulting producer.

After having seen the anime, I have high expectations for this. With del toro directing, it should at least be decent.

That sounds cool, but I don't trust GDT for ****. :lol: When there's a poster, a cast and a release date, get at me.

Marvel nearly went broke in the early 90's and sold the movie rights to keep going so yeah....

that bs about as long as they make a movie they keep the rights sucks ***...

Marvel will find a way to get the rights back to xmen after days of future past especially if fox butchers it which I'm expecting they will smh

Ugh, what a cop out on Coulson being alive in the Agents of SHIELD tv pilot:

"In the pilot, it’s revealed Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), the ultimate super spy, faked Agent Coulson’s death on purpose to motivate The Avengers. Some S.H.I.E.L.D. members were in on it (including, possibly, Maria Hill played by Cobie Smulders) but The Avengers were not. Their security clearance wasn’t high enough. Coulson was forced to hold his breath as part of the ruse and that’s a point of contention among his colleagues After the fact, Fury moved him to a remote location until things died down, and then he was reinserted into duty at the time of the show."

At least all the Coulson is Vision rumors can be put to rest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom