News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I have no idea who The Rock could play. To me he might be good but a stretch as Luke and him being Drax would be a waste since Drax doesn't even talk much. If you want to utilize all of his talents you gotta cast The Rock as somebody who has a personality whether he's powerful or a regular human doesn't matter but you need a guy that's either some sort of leader or funny or violent.

Terry Crews can definitely be Luke Cage. I've seen enough of his work where I think he wouldn't just be pulling it off but actually being a spot on believable portrayal.

Pretty much spot-on. I've also read some rumors before that Rock was being considered to play Lobo

There were talks a couple years ago of him playing Black Adam.

And that would be perfect casting IMO.

He would be great as black Adam in the DC universe but I don't know who he could be in the marvel universe. Maybe colossus in a future xmen reboot or something or drax the destroyer if they didnt cast Batista for it in GotG which by the way they shoulda kept Jason mamoa for that role

You guys think he can pull off Luke Cage?
naw we need a DARK SKINNED super hero character

Damn, how black do you want it??

There were talks a couple years ago of him playing Black Adam.

And that would be perfect casting IMO.

He would be great as black Adam in the DC universe but I don't know who he could be in the marvel universe. Maybe colossus in a future xmen reboot or something or drax the destroyer if they didnt cast Batista for it in GotG which by the way they shoulda kept Jason mamoa for that role

You guys think he can pull off Luke Cage?
naw we need a DARK SKINNED super hero character

Damn, how black do you want it??
Darkness

Last edited:
He was in Street Kings.

and that movie proved he should neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr evvvverrrrrrrrrrrrr play a serious role again :x

i still lose it everytime the scene he gets shot up he cant even do that right :rofl:

i dont know how the rock is gonna pull off being charlie pride in the charlie pride bio pic :lol:

but yea terry crews should never go near a serious role again... even in expendables his lines were limited and he was more of a back player...

he needs to stick to roles like this....

Last edited:
As bad as it sounds rampage would be a perfect luke cage but that movie wouldn't make any money if it was a solo joint

Last edited:
i just cant accept dofp to be anything but a disappointment its just so much that they cant fit in a 2 hour movie , But first class was a pleasant surprise 

I wonder how Ellen page's shadow cat will be in DoFP...Ellen page is gonna be shadowcat again right?

Yup, set pic. She's probably part of the future with little to no existence from the past version of the XMen.

Why is Beast not a blue furball in that picture? The writers should make sure everything makes sense with all this time traveling and not rush it too much. The first movie did feel rushed in some parts and the way they handled the only black guy xman was dumb.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Eyes The Toxic Avenger

In development for some time, director Steve Pink's remake of The Toxic Avenger looks like it may be getting an unusual headliner. Although he won't play Toxie himself, Variety reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks for a leading role.

The original film was set in Tromaville, New Jersey - a small American town, terrorized by criminals. Among the residents of Tromaville is Melvin, a nerdy emaciated janitor at the local health club. A gang of thugs devise a cruel hoax that goes horribly wrong as Melvin is cast through a third story window into a vat of hazardous toxic waste. However, an unexpected metamorphosis takes place. As the chemicals take hold of his body, Melvin turns into the Toxic Avenger, doer of good, and brutal mauler of evil.

Directed by Michael Herz and Lloyd Kaufman, the original launched their company, Troma Entertainment with Toxie as their corporate mascot. The original film spawned three sequels and an animated series.

Schwarzenegger most recently headlined The Last Stand and will soon re-team with Sylvester Stallone for Escape Plan.

Why is Beast not a blue furball in that picture? The writers should make sure everything makes sense with all this time traveling and not rush it too much. The first movie did feel rushed in some parts and the way they handled the only black guy xman was dumb.

All the time shifts in the film can easily make it a big clusterf**k.

Michael Jai White is the only mother bad enough to play Luke Cage.

Physically, he'd be awesome, but I think Terry Crews is a better actor than him.

I like Terry Crews on Everybody Hate's Chris and comedic roles. I couldn't imagine him as Luke Cage.

Plus Michael Jai White isn't just a normal big guy, he can actually fight and is a legitimate martial artist.

EDIT: Noooo at the suggestion for Rampage. He was borderline unwatchable as B.A. in the A-Team movie. I saw somewhere mention Chad Coleman (Cutty from The Wire) as a suggestion. That doesn't sound bad either. He might need to get a little bigger though.

c2557d2e_TheWire-chadcoleman.jpeg

Last edited:
But he can't act. Marvel (Disney not Fox) has done a good job hiring actors to play their roles. I think they should continue doing that and not just hire someone because they look like the character.

After Spawn, I don't think anyone would be giving MJW his own movie anytime soon, especially not a big movie franchise like Luke Cage where Marvel likely has plans to keep the guy for the role for the next 10 years or so. MJW is already in his mid 40 though still fit and still looks young.

Spawn will always be the elephant in the room, but they could do worse. (Which would definitely be Rampage. :lol: )

I hope they at least make a Black Dynamite 2. What about Cutty as Luke Cage?

AAAAAAYYYYYEEEE!!!! What about Wood Harris? He a good actor and has good height he just needs to add muscle

Back
Top Bottom