News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

If that link and pic is legit then I am not too happy with the look. Supes looks way too old and the suit just looks Spider-Man-@%% with the texture. Shield looks cheap as hell too, like it's molded clay and placed on his chest.
FNMld.jpg

Not a fan of the texture on the suit, but I'll reserve judgment until I see more pictures.

I think the suit would be much better if the shield doesn't have the same texture, it'll stand out more and won't look cheap. Huge cape though, very Spawn-like. Chances are, it'll look better on screen and in action.

Originally Posted by shogun

Perry White is black now?  Ok.  
grin.gif
  Maybe they can switch Lois Lane to an Asian actress next.
The new Spiderman suit is sick.  The small eyes still look weird.

It is kind of funny that Bane is smaller.  I guess he doesn't inject himself with any Venom.

Joesph "Robbie" Robertson ?

From what we can see it kinda looks like a cross between what Lee Bermejo did for Wednesday Comics and what Shane Davis did for Earth One. The overall image seems evocative of the Flesicher cartoon for some reason which I hope means we get a "pulpy" Superman not a "dark" Superman like they keep threatening us with.

Just noticed they gave him wrist guards. ugh! It's gothic, Lord of the Rings style too.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

After the whole green lantern thing at least there is a suit. 
laugh.gif

Man I'd boycott this film if they gave Supes a cgi suit. 

Maybe it's just a bad angle but that shield and his hair are AWFUL.

I noticed they got rid of the red tights too

Supes w/o the red undies outside of his pants are in tune with the upcoming reboot.
JMrv8.jpg

I'm hype, it will look great on screen. Look at his physique!

He put in the work now if they make his hair like that pic where he's in the button up, change the texture of the symbol at least, and we straight.

I can't wait the big 3 (Supes, Bats, and Spidey) will have the best films. Too bad Wolverine could have been great too if Aronofsky stayed on board.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Supes w/o the red undies outside of his pants are in tune with the upcoming reboot.
JMrv8.jpg

Is this the JL reboot coming in Dec. with the art work done by the great Jim Lee?
eek.gif

Looks like Snyder is adding more details in the costume, there is a slightly raised detail on the right leg, it looks similar to the wrist guard design, which might look more alien like or Kryptonian.

word...Jim Lee draws very clean along with Michael Turner (R.I.P.) they both had very similar liquid styles of drawing...their art didn't pop well on the old school paper pages in comics but when they started to introduce gloss pages their art really stood out better.

The thing about superman's costume is that it doesn't transcend well into reality. His costume is iconic and looks cool in comics but not on film. And the problem with that is that you can't give him a new modern costume cause then it's not the superman we know. Due to this everytime I see him on film I just can't help but to not take him serious.
ohwell.gif

Actually I think that's the exact opposite problem. Superman's costume would translate perfectly into real world since all it is a strongman's costume; people actually wore those in the circuses in the 30s. All it takes its the right person to pull it off.

The texture on the suit is alright, but they really didn't have to put it onto the shield and boots (who does this?) too.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

After the whole green lantern thing at least there is a suit. 
laugh.gif

Man I'd boycott this film if they gave Supes a cgi suit. 

Hold up.....ya'll tellin me right here that Ryan Reynolds don't even wear a suit in GL?  What?  
grin.gif

Why the hell would they CGI a damn costume? 

Back
Top Bottom