News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

After the whole green lantern thing at least there is a suit. 
laugh.gif

Man I'd boycott this film if they gave Supes a cgi suit. 

Hold up.....ya'll tellin me right here that Ryan Reynolds don't even wear a suit in GL?  What?  
grin.gif

Why the hell would they CGI a damn costume? 

They cgi'ed the mask too. 

Supes w/o the red undies outside of his pants are in tune with the upcoming reboot.
JMrv8.jpg
I thought the reboot costume changes would be more drastic.  I'm still wondering how the trend of wearing briefs / trunks over spandex pants started.  Seems like something they borrowed from pro wrestlers.
Judging from that new Superman pic, Brandon Routh still fits the image of Superman better.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

The texture on the suit is alright, but they really didn't have to put it onto the shield and boots (who does this?) too.
Everything looks textured, even the belt. I think they are trying to go with the seamless route nad make it look one piece? At least the cape isn't textured. 
laugh.gif

I wonder if they'll put a shield on the cape?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

After the whole green lantern thing at least there is a suit. 
laugh.gif

Man I'd boycott this film if they gave Supes a cgi suit. 

Hold up.....ya'll tellin me right here that Ryan Reynolds don't even wear a suit in GL?  What?  
grin.gif

Why the hell would they CGI a damn costume? 

It makes perfect sense really since the costume is also a ring construct

Originally Posted by shogun

Supes w/o the red undies outside of his pants are in tune with the upcoming reboot.
JMrv8.jpg
I thought the reboot costume changes would be more drastic.  I'm still wondering how the trend of wearing briefs / trunks over spandex pants started.  Seems like something they borrowed from pro wrestlers.
Judging from that new Superman pic, Brandon Routh still fits the image of Superman better.
Most are subtle changes for the most part, like no red trunks, WW in pants, Bats with new gloves and GL with a protruding symbol.
o4ksE.jpg

As for Routh looking more like Supes, I think it is mostly because he looks so much like Reeves. I kind of like the somewhat grittier look of Cavill as Supes, makes him looks more badass. He also looks more muscular, maybe after htis Snyder film, people would take Supes more seriously.

In live action they need to make the colors on Supes' suit a little more vibrant and brighter. More like how the red and blue look like on Spidey's suit in the upcoming film. The red and blue usually always feel like they're in the shade in most movies. 

Originally Posted by shogun

As for Routh looking more like Supes, I think it is mostly because he looks so much like Reeves. I kind of like the somewhat grittier look of Cavill as Supes, makes him looks more badass. He also looks more muscular, maybe after htis Snyder film, people would take Supes more seriously.
Yeah, I get what you're saying.  He does look more tough.  His greased back hair makes him look like he's in the mafia though.  I shouldn't talk since I have the same hair.  
laugh.gif

Hopefully Synder is able to display his powers and make it work.  The last movie was so underwhelming and the character was anything but "super".  He's the most powerful person in the world and was made to look unimpressive.

They are shooting in Chicago now but why did it get moved from December 2012 to June 2013?
laugh.gif
two years from now 

Originally Posted by DMoney82

They are shooting in Chicago now but why did it get moved from December 2012 to June 2013?
laugh.gif
two years from now 

illmaticsoulchild wrote:

Release was actually slated for December 2012, but there are a couple other high profile films it would contend with, including Fox’s Life Of Pi, Quentin Tarantino‘s Django Unchained, Disney‘s Lone Ranger and Peter Jackson‘s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

I actually wasn't aware that Christopher Nolan was on the main writers for Superman and that the director of 300 (forget his name) is behind the camera. Should be an awesome film!

If that link and pic is legit then I am not too happy with the look. Supes looks way too old and the suit just looks Spider-Man-@%% with the texture. Shield looks cheap as hell too, like it's molded clay and placed on his chest.

I regards to if that link and pic is real...yea it's legit obviously now you know, the link is of my movie blog.

All of you are delusional...this pic looks badass.

This film looks to be nostalgic, mixed with a contemporary style. I'm loving what I'm seeing.

He definitely looks badass but since I'm a Superman fanboy, I can't help but criticize every little thing about it. I admit that it'll look much better in the big screen and in action but the texture is just way too exaggerated and the texture on the \S/ just looks plain awful. I'll wait to see a better and full body pic to make a final judgement but from that pic alone, I am not too

Not bad, but quite frankly, I didn't mind Routh's suit in Superman Returns (other than the fact the shield was too small).
He looks like he needs a haircut though, or at least lay off of Pat Riley's stash.

laugh.gif

They need to make his hair similar to his hair at Comic-Con.

Anyone else kind of get a Nuclear Man w/ black hair vibe from his overall look?

Also an interesting snippet:

http://nymag.com/daily/en.../02/superman_snyder.html

Jim Lee's Superman (pictured) is ultimately Snyder's fave: "My taste level goes to the bigger, more muscular Superman, the way Jim draws him. Those tend to be the artists I like in comics. So Jim’s Superman, for sure." He warned: "That’s not to say that’s how the movie will be, [but] it's an interesting thing to think about."

NfiFn.jpg

I loved Supes' look in the DCU Online intro. Eyes red, tattered cape, all bulked up. Dude looked like a beast. That would be an awesome interpretation of the character, but I think it would turn off the purists, especially in a big budget film.
And just too add, GL's suit was technically on point. The only thing I hated was the mask and how the emblem on his chest had this perpetual explosion on it. I still thought Sinestro's suit was much better though.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Cavill's getting closer to the Clark Kent look -- need to see him in the full outfit and supersuit

original.jpg

This is why I'm not being critical with the first picture. I think his hair will appear like this in the movie.

Back
Top Bottom