News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Seems more like he's killing the old man action genre. After the last taken movie, has anyone watched the other movies he's been in?

I was dozing off during Taken 2, didn't like it, but I actually like Taken 3. The Grey and Non-Stop were solid action romps.

I enjoy watching his movies but let's be honest the only thing he's really keeping alive is his career

Speaking of Liam Neeson 
roll.gif

Jennifer Connelly Joins James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'

Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali and Ed Skrein are also on the call sheet.
Jennifer Connelly has joined the cast of Alita: Battle Angel, James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez’s ambitious adaptation of the popular manga graphic novels.

The movie is currently in production in Texas with Maze Runner actress Rosa Salazar playing the title character.

Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali and Ed Skrein are among those on the call sheet for the Fox franchise hopeful.

Rodriguez is directing while Cameron and his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau are producing.

Set in the 26th century, Alita tells of a female cyborg (Salazar) that is discovered in a scrapyard by a scientist. With no memory of her previous life except her deadly martial-arts training, the woman becomes a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals. The action-adventure story is meant to serve as a backdrop to themes of self-discovery and the search for love.

Connelly is one of the villains.

Liam Neeson is a film legend. Single handedly pioneered the old man action genre.

He can keep making them for all in care. I'll watch them. The joint set in NY, A Walk Among the Tombstones was :pimp:

Speaking of Liam Neeson :rofl:
Every time I see this clip I'm dying of laughter EVERY TIME :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FULL BLOWN AIDS.

There was also Run All Night which wasn't as good but not terrible at all and continued in the vein of old man action flicks.

Also I forgot but he was actually in a good film in Scorcese's Silence.

I'll be down for The Commuter (Non-Stop but on a train) and Felt (Watergate spy thriller) later this year :smokin

If Hard Powder is real I'm down :rofl:

The "geri-action" genre pioneer is Charles Bronson

Denzel and Liam are definitely keeping the sub genre going

Book of Eli
Safe House
2 Guns
The Equalizer 1 & 2
The Magnificent Seven

Taken 1-3
The Grey
The A-Team
Non-Stop
A Walk Among the Tombstones
Run All Night
The Commuter (2017)

In one sense you're right, Bronson is the Pioneer but he did his thing in the action flick era of the 80s and 90s.

Easier to get those movies.

I guess Liam resurrected it then.

There was also Run All Night which wasn't as good but not terrible at all and continued in the vein of old man action flicks.

Also I forgot but he was actually in a good film in Scorcese's Silence.

I'll be down for The Commuter (Non-Stop but on a train) and Felt (Watergate spy thriller) later this year :smokin

If Hard Powder is real I'm down :rofl:

you saw it? was it good?

Last edited:
I haven't seen Silence yet but it's an actual film you know? :lol: Not Liam's action hero popcorn flick type stuff.

All I hear about Silence is its really good or its Scorcese being very self-indulgent.

Netflix Has Announced a 'Castlevania' Show

The video game-inspired vampire series will premiere later this year.

Castlevania fans, rejoice: your beloved vampire-centric video game franchise is coming to the small screen with a new series from Netflix.

While details remain under wraps, a press release from the video platform today confirmed that Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 will hit Netflix sometime in 2017. Sadly, this is literally the only official news about the project. Thankfully, however, Gizmodo’s io9 has done a little digging and pointed out some additional tidbits. Based on an old Facebook post from producer Adi Shankar (one of the guys behind last year’s gritty Power Rangers short), the series is a collaboration between Shankar and Frederator Networks (Adventure Time) and, according to Shankar, “It’s going to be dark, satirical, and after a decade of propaganda it will flip the vampire sub-genre on its head.” Best of all, though? Comic book icon Warren Ellis is reportedly the one who wrote the first season of the series.

I haven't seen Silence yet but it's an actual film you know? :lol: Not Liam's action hero popcorn flick type stuff.

All I hear about Silence is its really good or its Scorcese being very self-indulgent.
:lol:
One of the only other actual films I enjoy of his is Love Actually, and yeah I keep hearing the same thing about Silence, it's either on one end of the spectrum or the other, not sure if I can pull the trigger on a matinee if that's the case

whenever I try to think of Liam Neeson's other films I either go to Darkman, Les Miserables, or Schindler's List. Wish he was in Gangs of New York longer

Last edited:
First look at the new jaegers from pacific rim 2

Looks like they are going for a more anime look. I prefer it

Back
Top Bottom